PDA

View Full Version : SPITE CLUB 1: Urban Champion

Parish
12-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Well, kids, now that it's nearly Christmas, it's time. Time for... Spite Club. Because Seasonal Affective Disorder shouldn't be the only thing to make us SAD this holiday.

http://www.gamespite.net/img/blogart/0712dec/spiteclub.gif

Urban Champion
Developed by: Satan's Putrid Loins | Release date: A dark day | Platform: NES

Nintendo is weirdly proud of Urban Champion. Yeah, we get it, guys. Your first-generation Famicom stuff is all nostalgic and whatever, but sometimes it's OK to look back and say, "Hey, maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all." This is one of those times.

http://www.gamespite.net/img/blogart/0712dec/spite1.gif

THIS GAME WILL PUNCH YOUR GENITALS

Discuss your groinotological agony here.

Lumber Baron
12-17-2007, 10:13 PM
Are there any ground rules you want to set? You know, concerning Spite Club?

mopinks
12-17-2007, 10:18 PM
I know my friend and I used to have a lot of fun with this game, but I'm not quite sure how.

Tomm Guycot
12-17-2007, 10:36 PM
I wrote an article about it that I'm too lazy to link to.

verdict: RAGE

Zarathustra
12-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I used to work at that BOOK STORE.

Sanagi
12-17-2007, 10:55 PM
The best thing about this game is that it is moderately amusing when it appears in Wario Ware.

reibeatall
12-17-2007, 11:25 PM
I wrote an article about it that I'm too lazy to link to.

verdict: RAGE

You're welcome. (http://www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/index.php/Games/VCUrbanChampion)

reibeatall
12-18-2007, 12:38 AM
So, how far have you guys gotten? I got to the round 8 guy before I got beat the first time. I'm about to go give him a piece of my mind.

ShakeWell
12-18-2007, 12:45 AM
Yeah, well, in Nintendo's defense, it's better than the NES port of Karate Champ.

I mean, granted, playing Urban Champion is like a kick in the balls and Karate Champ is like a punch in the balls, but, you know, arms aren't as powerful as legs.

Mightyblue
12-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Yeah, well, in Nintendo's defense, it's better than the NES port of Karate Champ.

I mean, granted, playing Urban Champion is like a kick in the balls and Karate Champ is like a punch in the balls, but, you know, arms aren't as powerful as legs.You, uh, got that backwards you know.

Parish
12-18-2007, 01:52 AM
Are there any ground rules you want to set? You know, concerning Spite Club?
Yes. Play the games and express your sincere feelings. Like it or hate it, be vocal! And back it up.

Jakanden
12-18-2007, 03:36 AM
I am torn on this one. On one hand, I have no desire to torture myself with the crap that is Urban Champion. On the other hand, I want to be able to contribute to the club.

MCBanjoMike
12-18-2007, 06:47 AM
I am torn on this one. On one hand, I have no desire to torture myself with the crap that is Urban Champion. On the other hand, I want to be able to contribute to the club.

That is a sacrifice that I am not prepared to make, personally.

Excitemike
12-18-2007, 07:11 AM
You're welcome. (http://www.gamespite.net/toastywiki/index.php/Games/VCUrbanChampion)

I was hoping that would be linked to. I felt it was very important to make the open sewer the most prominent part of the title graphic.

djSyndrome
12-18-2007, 07:27 AM
You know, as a kid I asked for this game for Christmas.

I got Metroid instead. What the hell.

Jakanden
12-18-2007, 07:34 AM
You know, as a kid I asked for this game for Christmas.

I got Metroid instead. What the hell.

Boy do your parents suck or what?

reibeatall
12-18-2007, 07:34 AM
Come on guys, am I the only one who's playing this?

Sven
12-18-2007, 07:41 AM

Um... the bit with the police cars is kinda neat?

Yeah, other than that I've got nothing. Although to be fair, it's not as though I could bring myself to spend Wii Points on this one... ifyouknowwhatImean.

Excitemike
12-18-2007, 07:46 AM

Hey, welcome to Spite Club. That burning sensation is totally normal.

Jakanden
12-18-2007, 07:51 AM

No, not at all....ok yeah you are.

Falselogic
12-18-2007, 11:34 AM
I love hating things as much as the the next guy, probably more, I work in retail... But I'm not going to spend money for the privilege. You guys have "fun"

Brickroad
12-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Hahahaha yeah, no.

Someone call me when he picks DK Jr. Math.

Gredlen
12-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Spite Club is like the Fun Club's version of Sumo. I like this idea.

Octopus Prime
12-18-2007, 12:07 PM
I honestly have nothing worthwhile to contribute which hasn't been said before. But like that's ever stopped me before.

This game is ass.

ShakeWell
12-18-2007, 12:38 PM
You, uh, got that backwards you know.

No way, dude. Karate Champ (NES) is just ever so slightly worse than Urban Champion. Unless you meant getting punched in the balls is worse...?

Urban Champion wins for 2 reasons. 1) You can knock someone into an open sewer (it was The Pit over half a decade before MK), and 2) an old lady can KO your opponent (or you, if you suck) with a fucking flower pot. I mean, yeah, Karate Champ has that flower pot punching mini-game, but really, they never show up in the course of an actual fight.

Plus, Karate Champ takes a bigger hit in my mind because the arcade version is pretty decent, and they crippled it in the port. Urban Champion is just a game that sucks, and not a defilement of a finer product.

"Aren't you a little young for full contact?"
"Aren't you a little old for videogames?"

Savathun
12-20-2007, 05:35 AM
I used to work at that BOOK STORE.

If you were color blind and illiterate, you might mistake it for a BARBER SHOP.

You might also enjoy Urban Champion!*

*Just tell the illiterate people I said "Super Metroid."

reibeatall
12-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Ok guys, Tomm's article is misleading. There aren't two attacks, there are FOUR. High Power, High Weak, Low Power, Low Weak.

Just wanted you to be aware.

Brickroad
12-21-2007, 08:38 AM
Ok guys, Tomm's article is misleading. There aren't two attacks, there are FOUR. High Power, High Weak, Low Power, Low Weak.

Just wanted you to be aware.

GOTY

Parish
12-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Well this was a flop.