PDA

View Full Version : January RPG: KOTOR

Parish
12-28-2007, 07:51 AM
Kill some Sith. Or treat the game like your very own Order 66 and kill some Jedi instead.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
BioWare | PC/Xbox | 2003

It's the sequel to Mass Effect! Er, to the Mass Effect Fun Club, I mean.

VsRobot
12-28-2007, 07:57 AM
That solves the problem of what to buy when I sell Mass Effect back today! I've always wanted to try some KOTOR.

Egarwaen
12-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, I've played it... Three times, I think. Another won't hurt. I just wish I could remember which class combinations/saber styles I've played, so I can choose one I haven't. Hm. Maybe an old-school single-saber Jedi?

shivam
12-28-2007, 09:03 AM
i think the thing i liked most about the original kotor was that i could play it and reference my SWRPG book at the same time. they did the most beautiful direct transition of table top to crpg ever.

Knight
12-28-2007, 09:12 AM
Well, I've played it... Three times, I think. Another won't hurt. I just wish I could remember which class combinations/saber styles I've played, so I can choose one I haven't. Hm. Maybe an old-school single-saber Jedi?

Same here, although, to be honest, I've never really played it as light side. I mean, I've gotten the light side ending, but that's only because I reloaded an old save and made some different choices when you're on the last world. I don't think I can bring myself to play it as light side though, dark side is always just more fun for me, force lightning and grip are great. If I had to be light side though, I'd probably go guardian with a single saber. Otherwise, it's dual-wielding, dark side, uhhh, I dunno, sentinel I guess. I played through once with each jedi class, and I think I remember guardian being the easiest. I just brute forced my way through with force speed and flurry attacks, along with that jump strike that they get.

Is Darth *InsertNameHere* gonna hafta force choke a bitch?

sraymonds
12-28-2007, 09:25 AM
I could never play on the dark side because the choices always made me feel like a jerk.

The only time I've ever played evil was for Fable, when I killed my many wives for the dowry.

Adrenaline
12-28-2007, 09:37 AM
I've played through on light-side, and now I have a save on Tatooine playing dark-side. I guess I'll get back on the horse, although it's not like I don't have tons of other games I haven't beaten to play. Jesus.

ringworm
12-28-2007, 11:15 AM
they did the most beautiful direct transition of table top to crpg ever.
They always do.

MoltenBoron
12-28-2007, 11:27 AM
I recently re-watched the original Star Wars trilogy and got an itch to play KotOR again, but KotOR 2 didn't really take so this is an excuse to go back and re-play the first one.

I went through the first being vaguely neutral for about the first third of the game, picking whatever felt natural at the time. Then I got bored and went pure dark side the rest of the game. I think I'll try being good and going single-sabre this time and see how it goes.

Theoretically spoilery late-game mechanics discussion: I have a feeling that the end game might be easier with a light-side jedi than a dark-side jedi, since dark side tends to have a lot of de-buffs that often don't work on boss-type characters, whereas light-side has a lot of buffs that don't make oppossed rolls. Can anyone who's played it more than I confirm or deny?

cortbassist89
12-28-2007, 11:31 AM
Thank you Parish for finally giving me a big enough reason to pick this game up :D I've had it on my list of Backwards Compatible games to try but hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Of course I'll be playing the darkside, it's just more fun imo.

Falselogic
12-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Is great! But I've already played the hell out of the game... And it isn't up here with me but back at the folk's house.

My brother always played light-side, I always played dark-side. Nothing beats force lightning! Anyway, I just want to say the HK-47 is the best droid in any media, ever! Every time I watch the original SW now I just think how much C3PO sucks!

Anyway hope you all have a blast playing one of my fav games!

SamuelMarston
12-28-2007, 01:01 PM
I've needed an excuse to go back and beat this game. Maybe I'll pick up the sequel too.

Good pick!

Egarwaen
12-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Theoretically spoilery late-game mechanics discussion:

I've never played through Dark Side, so I can't compare... But there's a lot of really handy Light Side powers. Heal, Valour, and Destroy Droid are all great, particularly in the Star Forge. Of course, all the most important buffs - Speed, Armor, and Force Resistance - are universal.

Oh, and don't bother with the sequel. It's literally unfinished, and frustratingly so. There's glaring gaps in both individual dialogue trees and the narrative as a whole, and what is there simply isn't very good.

Jakanden
12-28-2007, 01:09 PM
I wish I could enjoy this game, but I just find it so boring and have never made it past the 6 or 7 hour mark. However, I am not a huge Bioware fan in general (Mass Effect is their only game I finished) so it is likely just my taste in games.

valhalladeath
12-28-2007, 01:11 PM
I've been wanting to replay this game for some time now. I went light side all the way my first play-through, so now is the perfect time for me to be the evil sith bastard that I've always wanted to be.

Ben1842
12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
I beat it about 2 years ago on the PC.
My guy was Dark side with duel wielding sabers. I chose Dark side because I like to force push people. Plus at the time not many games let me do that (be evil), so it was something new. Now it's getting kinda cliche with the whole good vs evil meter stuff.

SamuelMarston
12-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Oh, and don't bother with the sequel. It's literally unfinished, and frustratingly so. There's glaring gaps in both individual dialogue trees and the narrative as a whole, and what is there simply isn't very good.

How terribly frustrating. Any chance someone might release a Kotor 2.5 with you know, completion?

Egarwaen
12-28-2007, 03:12 PM
How terribly frustrating. Any chance someone might release a Kotor 2.5 with you know, completion?

There was a mod for a while that was trying to do that, but they seem to have disappeared.

Viewer
12-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Yes. (http://team-gizka.org/)

My message is not too short! Stop it!

Falselogic
12-28-2007, 03:15 PM
There was a mod for a while that was trying to do that, but they seem to have disappeared.

It's still in progress! The website was last updated in October! you can check it out here: http://www.team-gizka.org/index.html

I'm still waiting for them to complete the hack until I play Kotor 2.

EDIT: Looks like Viewer posted it right before me...

SamuelMarston
12-28-2007, 03:20 PM
It's still in progress! The website was last updated in October! you can check it out here: http://www.team-gizka.org/index.html

I'm still waiting for them to complete the hack until I play Kotor 2.

EDIT: Looks like Viewer posted it right before me...

Sweet. It kinda bites that I already have the Xbox version, but the pc can't be that hard to track down.

Jeanie
12-28-2007, 09:50 PM
Woohoo! One of my favorite games!

Anyway, after tracking down a new copy since my old copy got lost in Iraq, I think, I picked up the Star Wars Best of PC pack (also had Jedi Knight 2, Empire at War, Battlefront, and Republic Commando on it, not too shabby). Started two new games, one a male Scout who's going to be light side, and a female Soldier who's gonna be dark side. I played through once back when it was new as a light-sider.

What I did back then was the scout-type Jedi class, duel-wielding and using Flurry and Critical Hit. Not to mention abusing the heck out of Force Speed.

VsRobot
12-28-2007, 10:33 PM
I played through the first area, on the ship, and made it planet-side. So far I am enjoying it a lot more than I was Mass Effect. Not only do I adore the milieu (I'm a hardcore SW addict) but the combat doesn't make me want to throw my controller out the window.

I am playing as a Soldier and I plan on playing purely light-sided. Hopefully I'll like the game enough to replay it later on as an evil jerk.

Daremo
12-28-2007, 11:55 PM
So can anyone confirm if this is playable on the 360. I have heard rumors that there are some problems, but will they break the experience?

VsRobot
12-29-2007, 07:23 AM
So can anyone confirm if this is playable on the 360. I have heard rumors that there are some problems, but will they break the experience?

Google tells me that there are the usual suspects: audio lag, frame rate issues, and occasional freezing. Hopefully it's not too bad, because I am playing via 360.

Ben1842
12-29-2007, 01:31 PM
Google tells me that there are the usual suspects: audio lag, frame rate issues, and occasional freezing. Hopefully it's not too bad, because I am playing via 360.

all these problems exist on the PC version as well. (my computer more than doubles the the recommended specs)

sraymonds
12-29-2007, 01:53 PM
I've been having the audio skip during dialogue, but it's not that big of a deal. I'm a subtitle guy anyway.

Jeanie
12-29-2007, 01:54 PM
I have the PC version and I had a bug where my character wouldn't move on the Endor Spire unless I clicked on something. It went away for a couple of min after I saved and reloaded, but then it came back at the end of the ship. Thankfully I was able to click on stuff to move to leave the ship..

VsRobot
12-29-2007, 04:51 PM
I hadn't noticed much audio skip because I read faster than the voice actors speak, so I'm skip-skip-skipping to the next line of dialog while they're still talking. Today in my playing I listened longer and the audio is pretty wonky but not unlistenable. I had one big battle where the frame rate slowed to a crawl. Nothing game-breaking so far, though.

I've gained access to the lower (and even lower) levels of the first planet, and I'm working my way through the various fetch-quests so I can advance the story. I've just encountered the mutants for the first time, and after a brief sojourn back topside to do some shopping I'm about to head into the sewers.

Right now, with no Jedi or dark Jedi to speak of, the game isn't feeling very Star Warsy to me. I imagine that as I gain levels the game will go further towards capturing that Galaxy Far, Far Away feeling.

So far the only thing I dislike is all the dnd dice-roll crap in the inventory screen. I want to know at a glance if a weapon is better or worse than my current gat, but instead I get a bunch of incomprehensible math problems.

Jeanie
12-29-2007, 05:05 PM
I've gained access to the lower (and even lower) levels of the first planet, and I'm working my way through the various fetch-quests so I can advance the story. I've just encountered the mutants for the first time, and after a brief sojourn back topside to do some shopping I'm about to head into the sewers.

Right now, with no Jedi or dark Jedi to speak of, the game isn't feeling very Star Warsy to me. I imagine that as I gain levels the game will go further towards capturing that Galaxy Far, Far Away feeling.

So far the only thing I dislike is all the dnd dice-roll crap in the inventory screen. I want to know at a glance if a weapon is better or worse than my current gat, but instead I get a bunch of incomprehensible math problems.

Oh don't worry Vs, you're pretty close to rescuing Bastilla (or HER rescuing YOU, as she so obnoxiously says... Oh Bastilla, just for that, I am so going to romance you up.), maybe an hour to an hour and a half away.

Oh, here's a hint, Don't give your main character too many levels in their class while on Tarsis, **SPOILERS** as it keeps you from gaining Jedi levels after Tarsis **END**. Right now my Light-sider is lvl 3 and the rest of my party is lvl 5 or 6. It stinks not being able to hit anything but that's why I have the rest of my party.

And yes, it gets way more like Star Wars after Tarsis.

VsRobot
12-29-2007, 06:25 PM
If I let the game autolevel me, will I get fucked? Like, proper-fucked?

Adrenaline
12-29-2007, 07:09 PM
No, but it doesn't take long to do it yourself.

Rai
12-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Oh man, I wish I could get in on this. But there is a problem!

See, I have a MacBook Pro, and while it's a year old, it should be enough to at least play the game. Hell, it plays KotOR 2 just fine on the PC partition.

However, the Mac port of the thing runs incredibly choppily on my laptop. It's completely unplayable, and I'm not sure if it's the CD or not. This may not be the place to ask for help, but can anyone help?

Egarwaen
12-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Do it yourself. Take a bit of time to learn the system, there's a few very basic things you can do that'll make your character a lot more effective.

Skill Tips:
- Persuade. You're the only one that can get ranks in it. Get it. Use it.
- Perception. I'm pretty sure all Perception checks use your Perception. So if you want to avoid explosive surprises instead of just tanking them...
- Repair. If you want to use HK-47, this'll let you unlock his full potential. I can't remember what the required ranks are.

Jeanie
12-29-2007, 07:55 PM
Do it yourself. Take a bit of time to learn the system, there's a few very basic things you can do that'll make your character a lot more effective.

Skill Tips:
- Persuade. You're the only one that can get ranks in it. Get it. Use it.
- Perception. I'm pretty sure all Perception checks use your Perception. So if you want to avoid explosive surprises instead of just tanking them...
- Repair. If you want to use HK-47, this'll let you unlock his full potential. I can't remember what the required ranks are.

I'm not sure why that's spoilered but here's some more:

Force Powers: Speed is such a good power, use it, love it. It gives you a bonus to defense, extra attacks, and will allow you to move about faster.
Stun/Destroy Droid: if you are going Light, this is a fantastic power.
Valor: gives a boost to your parties stats, this is a good thing, try to keep this up at all times if you can, as this can affect their skills as well.
Boost Wis or Cha everytime as this will help your force powers.

Skills:
Honestly Mission can handle almost anything that comes up, keep her around and give her equipment that boosts her Demo and Dex Score.
Persuade: This is essentail for some Light Side quest results, try to keep this at max at all times.
Repair/Computer use: Repairing droids can give some decent xp and can make things easier for you, same with slicing computers. Work on these if you want.

Feats:
For the main Character, don't bother with Ranged anything, Melee Feats for lightsabers rock, also the Empathy Line is good for Persuade boosts. Toughness is a great one too.

Finess vs Power Attack vs Flurry: Finess (sp?) increases your Crit range, and combined with some well made Saber Crystals can make it so you are doing Crits almost everytime, and the defense penalty can be overcome rather easily. Power attack is good, constant damage and can work well with two-weapon fighting when the bonus is applied to both weapons, but the penalty to hit may hurt you. Flurry is also very good, especially when combined with Speed and Two Weapon Fighting, busting out 6 attacks per round is brutal.

It's up to you which style you may like more.

Traumadore
12-29-2007, 11:45 PM
I went light-side, single-saber, counselor. At the end of the game I had ridiculous AC, and the destroy droid and stun effects make the last zones a cakewalk. Amazing considering you get zerged by scored of droids and jedi literally every 20 feet. Basically lay down some stuns, kill the droids, cut up the mens with my three jedi wrecking crew. The final boss I lost to once, but the second time I was more liberal with the stat buffing items and pulled through.

I just started a replay intending to go evil, but I don't think I can do it after robbing several people in the apartments, and rescuing a down on his luck man only to demand the money he owed the thugs.

I have noticed people who did dark side first have no problems, but the people who did light first kind of whince because they KNOW how much good you can do.

I don't even want to know how I can manipulate the plague vaccine situation to profit from, and screw the rest of the planet. May be with my spoilerage I shouldnt care what happens on that world anyway.

Falselogic
12-30-2007, 12:05 AM
Pretty sure went Sentinel darkside. Put all my talents into persuade, or was it dominance? After that it was lightning and choke. At the end I was lightning everything until it died... Does that sound right? It's been so long... By the by bald semi - Asian looking sith lords look evil!

Spoiler: How much fun was it turning Bastila to the darkside?!

Jeanie
12-30-2007, 08:32 AM
Yay me, I got my Light-sider off planet at level 3 and is now a lvl3 Scout/Lvl 6 Jedi Sentinel. Now to finish my last trial and be a Padawan *snicker*.

I think I'll bring Dark-sider up now

Drooling Iguana
12-30-2007, 12:26 PM
The nice thing about KOTOR is that it makes you really appreciate the prequels by showing you how bad they could've been.

Hell, they even managed to out-do Jar-Jar on the annoying character front with that fucking robot, and that takes skill.

STATEMENT: Something stupid an inane about killing people so I can show how LOL HIP & EDGY I am!

Gods I hate that robot...

Falselogic
12-30-2007, 01:19 PM
The nice thing about KOTOR is that it makes you really appreciate the prequels by showing you how bad they could've been.

Hell, they even managed to out-do Jar-Jar on the annoying character front with that fucking robot, and that takes skill.

STATEMENT: Something stupid an inane about killing people so I can show how LOL HIP & EDGY I am!

You think Jar Jar Binks is a better character than HK-47?! Wow... It does take all types...

Knight
12-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Spoiler: SPOILERS HERE
Pretty fun, but not as much fun as making the wookie (Zalbarr?) kill Mission.

HK-47 and Jolee were my favorites to have in a party.

Makkara
12-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Me too. And to falselogic, I wouldn't say Jar-Jar was a better character. It's just that HK-47 was better at being incredibly annoying.

Torgo
12-30-2007, 02:58 PM
That's it. It looks like I have to drop everything else I'm playing and play this again. Which I wanted to anyway.

I love the fun club.

Egarwaen
12-30-2007, 03:50 PM
HK-47 is amusing in small doses. Unlike Jar-Jar, he's actually only in small doses, unless you deliberately seek out larger doses. TPM rubs our faces in Jar-Jar by constantly making him central to the action of the entire movie. KOTOR makes HK-47 peripheral for everything but one event.

Guy
12-30-2007, 03:59 PM
I liked HK-47 until I found that Tim Buckley ripped him off for that stupid Xbox robot character in Ctrl+Alt+Del, so now any time I hear HK speak I think of Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Makkara
12-30-2007, 06:13 PM
TPM rubs our faces in Jar-Jar by constantly making him central to the action of the entire movie. KOTOR makes HK-47 peripheral for everything but one event.

True, and thanks to that I could finish the game. Good thing, too, because it's a pretty good game. The Phantom Menace isn't a good movie, so that's no big loss.

Egarwaen
12-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Well, I'm done through the end of Dantooine. Getting through Taris at level 2 was a bit hairier than I remembered, but still very do-able, and the pay-off in terms of Jedi firepower is just as good as I remembered.

What order do you take the planets in? I usually go Tatooine, Kashyyk, fish-y planet, Korriban.

Parish
12-31-2007, 09:57 PM
See, I have a MacBook Pro, and while it's a year old, it should be enough to at least play the game. Hell, it plays KotOR 2 just fine on the PC partition.
Let me guess, you're running it on Leopard, right? It's not your computer, it's not the CD -- it's MacPlay's utter inability to keep their software up-to-date, and Apple boning developers by changing their APIs. Mac gaming is a very bad idea these days, unfortunately.

So, anyway, I've started up my playthrough now that I'm done (for now) with BioShock. I've decided to play all my BioWare characters the same, just for laughs. So I now have a light-side, female, Asian, scout with high persuasion skills, named Yukiko Shepard. Ha.

Jeanie
12-31-2007, 10:44 PM
Let me guess, you're running it on Leopard, right? It's not your computer, it's not the CD -- it's MacPlay's utter inability to keep their software up-to-date, and Apple boning developers by changing their APIs. Mac gaming is a very bad idea these days, unfortunately.

So, anyway, I've started up my playthrough now that I'm done (for now) with BioShock. I've decided to play all my BioWare characters the same, just for laughs. So I now have a light-side, female, Asian, scout with high persuasion skills, named Yukiko Shepard. Ha.

haha, my light-sider is named Dann Shepard.

Parish
01-01-2008, 02:49 PM
Uncle Owen, this R2 unit has a bad motivator :(

I WANT MY DROID DAMMIT

Alixsar
01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
You son of a bitch. Right after I go out and buy three new games to keep me busy over winter break (SMG because it's Mario, Revenant Wings because it's FFXII, and GRAW because it was four dollars), and you go and make one of my favorite games of all time a Fun Club choice. Ugh. Well, luckily it's for the whole month...I might get in towards the end of the month.

Prop-tip: Whether you go light or dark, take HK-47. You will not be disappointed.

virulent
01-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Really wish I had a PC that could play this so I could go through it all over again with you folks. Dark Side is the best though. I think it makes a bit more of a difference with things in KOTOR than Mass Effect. Also, HK-47 is the best droid ever. The elcor kind of reminded me of him.. except none of them ruled anywhere near as hard.
Prop-tip: Whether you go light or dark, take HK-47. You will not be disappointed.
So so true.

cortbassist89
01-01-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm a dark-sider Scout class male named Cort Burgess (a la the author Anthony Burgess).

I'm nearly through Tarsis I suspect; but damn am I an asshole. I just sold off a rare life-saving serum to a crime lord!

I love this game.

EDIT: Also, what weapons are you guys using? I'm dual-wielding a Vibrosword and a customized Prototype Vibroblade. And loving it.

Alixsar
01-02-2008, 03:16 AM
I'm a dark-sider Scout class male named Cort Burgess (a la the author Anthony Burgess).

I'm nearly through Tarsis I suspect; but damn am I an asshole. I just sold off a rare life-saving serum to a crime lord!

I love this game.

EDIT: Also, what weapons are you guys using? I'm dual-wielding a Vibrosword and a customized Prototype Vibroblade. And loving it.

Well at that point in the game, that's basically about all you can do. The first planet isn't too hard. Things really start to get awesome once you get to Dantooine, though. Also, in a game like KOTOR it's okay to use different party members when you're starting out. Get a feel for who you like and try to create something balanced.

Also, I really, really recommend everyone take HK-47 though. God, he really is the most hilarious/awesome character in any RPG ever. Even if you go lightside, it doesn't hurt to have him along and it's always nice to have a designated blaster guy. Seriously, everyone. Take HK-47.

Radical Ans
01-03-2008, 10:27 AM
I have been re-playing KOTOR for the past few weeks when I noticed that it's this month's fun club. Sweet!

Last time I played the goody goody Jedi, so this time through I'm being a complete bastard. It's kind of fun to just kill, extort and lie to people. Also the dark force powers make combat much easier. Lying to the Jedi council and having them believe that Juhani could not be turned and I was "forced" to kill her, when in actuality I just sliced her up no questions asked, was particularly fun. HK-47 is even more enjoyable to have in your party when you're both being evil too. In addition to the fact that I'm doing the evil thing, I've decided to do a lot of the side stuff that I skipped last time, like swoop races, dueling and bounties on Taris. I still won't touch Pazaak though, I just suck at it.

Egarwaen
01-07-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm almost done my play-through, and while there's a lot of good stuff about the game, there's also a lot of bad stuff.

The Good:

The main plot. It's very well-written, nicely-paced, and well-structured. There's surprises, your character is directly involved (instead of a "just happens to be there" protagonist), and it's very Star Wars-y. Particularly the final battle, that's awesome.
The graphics. For a game that's pushing five years old, they're very good, at least on the PC version. The environment design is very good too; they do a lot with the backdrops.
The characters. I don't think there's anyone in the party that annoys me to the point of not using them. They're all useful for something, even if a few are a little redundant, and there's some real gems. Namely, Jolee Bindo. Carth, Mission, T3, and HK-47 are okay, but Jolee Bindo is memorable, interesting, and flavourful. He fills the same role as Obi-wan Kenobi, but fills it completely differently.
The UI. It's clumsy in places, but it doesn't pixelbitch, I don't have to shuffle the contents of my bags on an arbitrary grid, and it's quick and responsive. I'd like better filters and information when dealing with equipment, but I can deal.

The Bad:

The side quests. They're very much typical Bioware RPG side-quest fare, and they don't replay well at all, particularly since it becomes very obvious that they're just there to pad out the game and you need to do a lot of them to keep up with the difficulty. Some of these are, I will admit, very good. Kashyyk, Tatooine, and the better parts of Taris have very well-structured sidequests. You can generally get stuff done as you progress without too much trouble. Manaan is so-so. Dantooine and Korriban are awful. The quests are designed to make you go as far out of your way as possible. Korriban, in particular, is annoying because the entire planet is built around side-quests, there's a very good "core" quest you can miss, and the conditions for getting the best outcome to the main quest are infuriatingly arbitrary.
The dialogue. While a lot of the better written bits have very good dialogue, the side-quest dialogue is often awful.
The difficulty curve. It's back-asswards. Taris is easily the hardest part of the game. Once you survive that, you're set.
The system. It's a good implementation, very transparent, very natural. However, it's also hella easy to twink out. Master Force Speed + Master Valour + Crit-Boosting Feat + Keen Saber Gem + Massive Crits Saber Gem = 1-3 crits every attack per weapon. With a single saber, that's enough to take out a Young Rancor on the Unknown World in two attacks. Also, the sheer amount of useless crap, particularly in terms of Feats.

For those of us that read the old KOTOR comics, an interesting note: Wookiepedia Bastilla was originally supposed to be Vima Sunrider, and was changed due to trademark issues. Oddly, this makes most of her plot make much more sense, particularly the bits with her mother.

Classic
01-18-2008, 04:44 PM
Unless you're using hacks I never bothered to seek out, you've got a level cap at 20 total levels. If you want to be a mad powerful jedi (like you know you ought to be), you'll need to hold back on your level-ups until you get your class change.

On the plus side, the exp returns for defeating enemies is based, iirc, on your level. Grinding for a little while in the Taris lower-city will usually do you fairly well.

For an easy first class, I always chose scoundrel, for the option to run and hide while I was low level. Capping your level at 3 gives you a slightly better backstab bonus, and grants you a small AC boost. The backstab bonus is also pretty sweet if you, like me, are the kind of jerk that got a huge crit range and stunned his enemies to get his backstab mojo on.

Parish
01-22-2008, 03:23 PM
This thread is rather heartbreaking! Oh well. I'll try to come up with something more appealing to everyone next month. Also, something I can actually play and participate in.