PDA

View Full Version : Taito Legends 2

Balrog
01-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I just found the PS2 version today for 12.00 new. I impulse-bought it due to the fact that it had Rastan 2(which sucks but I didn't know, I'm a big Rastan 1 fan). I gotta say I'm pretty happy with it thus far. Dungeon Magic is a solid brawler and the 2 Darius games have made this definitely worth the purchase. Anyone else have this game? and if so what should I move onto next...I'm eyeing the other brawler Arabian Magic.

spineshark
01-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I bought the collection mostly for G-Darius, which I consider completely worth it-it's still one of the coolest shooters out there. Gaiden is also fantastic, and quite a bit easier (even without the crazy autofire, which makes the game straight-up easy). Elevator Action 2 is also some good old arcade fun. Camel Try is another game that I really liked playing, but the first three levels are kind of short and easy, while the last is brutal. Worth it on the whole, but don't expect to get too much out of it.

Raystorm is interesting, although I'm not really sure whether or not it's good. I usually die early in the second stage and then move onto something else. Liquid Kids is a pretty fun little platformer but YMMV on that one. I enjoy Growl, but it's really hard and it's probably more for the hilarity than the quality of gameplay. And I personally find Qix to be strangely addictive, in that maddening way of really hard games.

As for the bad...the two Space Invaders games are...well, Space Invaders, which I don't really like, although I won't deny I was entertained piloting the Silver Hawk against this (http://geocities.com/hugedb/Bosses/MHDG.html). Puchi Carat is broken so badly and has a cheap AI to boot; it's a must-play if you're into frustration like me. And despite it's hilariously awesome name, stay away from "Violence Fight." It might be the worst game in the collection.

Shadax
01-01-2008, 10:25 PM
I bought it because I thought it would have a puzzle bobble game on it, since BUB THE DINOSAUR IS RIGHT ON THE COVER.

Turns out that's the X-Box version. THANKS TAITO.

ArugulaZ
01-02-2008, 04:23 AM
THANK YOU. I was incensed when I discovered that the version of Bust-A-Move included with this collection is that stupid crappy game without Bub or Bob in it. Also, where the heck is Cadash? Oh, it's on the Xbox version, you say? The Xbox version that was released only in Europe? All righty then. Looks like it's back to MAME for me!

ShakeWell
01-02-2008, 10:32 AM
I got it for $7 (American) from a used place, because they mis-priced it as "Taito Legends." I was pretty stoked. I got it for Elevator Action Returns and the Darius games. I was not disappointed. You should next move on to Elevator Action Returns, because it is neat.

Also, I was floored that it got worse reviews than Taito Legends 1, which had almost nothing worth playing. I guess the games on 2 are more obscure, but still much better. Also, where the fuck is Mat Mania? All I'm sayin' is there better fucking be a Taito Legends 3, and it better fucking have Mat fucking Mania. Goddamn it.

nathan
01-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Also, where the heck is Cadash? Oh, it's on the Xbox version, you say? The Xbox version that was released only in Europe? All righty then. Looks like it's back to MAME for me!

Wait, what?

I guess I can still hold out hope that the ok Turbografx port will someday make it onto the Virtual Console.

alexb
01-02-2008, 01:20 PM
Does Legends 1 have Bubble Bobble or Rainbow Islands?

ShakeWell
01-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Both. But neither Bubble Bobble nor Rainbow Islands is Mat Mania or Mania Challenge. This is not acceptable.

ArugulaZ
01-02-2008, 04:31 PM
There's just one problem... those were Technos games, distributed in the United States by Taito. My guess (and I've been wrong before) is that the rights currently belong to Million or Atlus.

ShakeWell
01-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeah, you know, I've been thinking about how badly I want a Technos arcade collection, or something like that to come out. Of course, nickling and diming on VC/XBLA/PSN now makes that something of a pipe dream, but, man, who wouldn't want a Technos collection?

Also, Super Dodgeball for Neo-Geo on VC, please.

reibeatall
01-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Besides, SquareEnix owns Taito now, so it's probably a big mess.

djSyndrome
01-03-2008, 11:56 AM
So how about the PSP version? It's twelve bones at EbStop, but the game list isn't exactly screaming quality.

ShakeWell
01-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Besides, SquareEnix owns Taito now, so it's probably a big mess.

Well, then they'll probably make it out in some form or another, since Squeenix hates making new games, as we know. But I know Million owns the rights to all the Kunio/Nekketsu games. It's a fucking mess, is what it is.