PDA

View Full Version : This thread is about Doctor Who.

poetfox
06-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Am I the only one around here loving the crap out of the new series?

I got into it when literally ALL of my podcasts were talking about it on the same day (similar occurances made me watch Heroes, although I stopped watching when they did that gap in the season and haven't gotten back to it), combined with my completely obsessed with the series old and new friend Ecks started rambling about it. I was immediately hooked. It's cheesy in a good way, and it's got really good plots when it tries, and it's just nothing but fun. And episode 10 of this current season 3 was so awesome I forced my boyfriend to watch. And he liked it. And then I made this thread.
I don't really know too much about the older stuffs. I have listened to a couple of those audio dramas set back in those series, and I enjoyed them very much, but I've never really watched any of the old episodes or movies or whatnot...
Anyway, Doctor Who? Thoughts? I'll stop rambling now?

Loki
06-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Daleks yet?

Calorie Mate
06-23-2007, 05:47 PM
You should get back to Heroes. The season finale left something to be desired, but otherwise the second half of the season was easily as good as the first.

ecchi squirrel
06-23-2007, 08:25 PM
The season finale for Heroes sucked. The entire show had been building up to that moment, and it was the laziest, slowest paced, and least exciting moment in the whole series.

As for Doctor Who, it's an entertaining show. I used to watch the old Doctor Who episodes whenever PBS would show them, so there's a fair bit of nostalgia invovled in watching the new show. However, the show's reliance on deus ex machina to solve every situation is kind of annoying-- the Doctor and co. get placed in an impossibly dangerous situtation only to have it magically solved within the last five minutes with little to know explanation, or from some magically haXor ability that the Tardis or the Doctor possesses that they never bothered to tell anybody about.

But then again, Daleks. Nothing says entertainment like killing somebody with a cake batter mixer and a plunger.

Drooling Iguana
06-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Taptaptaptap... taptaptaptap...

Sanagi
06-24-2007, 01:55 AM
Doctor Who is the sci-fi show closest to my heart. The new series is really going strong... For a while in season 3 I was starting to wonder if they were entering a slump, but then it came back with three unbelievably good episodes in a row(#s 8,9,10 - haven't seen 11 yet).

Figure Four
06-24-2007, 05:27 PM
I love Doctor Who (both old and new) and I think that the third series has been the best yet. The triple punch of the Human Nature two-parter + Blink + the Russell T. Davies three part finale has been staggeringly awesome.

In Guitar Hero II my band is named Death by Dalek.