PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose

Jeanie
06-24-2007, 09:22 PM
So Barnes and Noble is having a "buy two DVDs, get one free" sale on their website and I was thinking of getting the Complete Series DVDs of Firefly and Freaks and Geeks. My question for you all is what other set should I get. Any criminally overlooked series I should keep my eye out for?

Merus
06-24-2007, 09:34 PM
For some reason the only thing that comes to mind is Faulty Towers. Futurama, perhaps? That's pretty good, although fourth season is the best.

poetfox
06-24-2007, 09:45 PM
...Wonderfalls? I'm going to suggest Wonderfalls. I love that show.

Savathun
06-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Wonderfalls is fantastic, but I can't watch it anymore without getting all nostalgic/bummed out. Shame it ended so soon. Twin Peaks is pretty good, if you're into that sort of thing.

Torgo
06-24-2007, 10:44 PM
I would say 'The Pretender', but I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people that really loves that show. I'm also pretty sure I'm one of the only people who actually remembers it. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to tell people that they should totally go out and buy it though, since it's not everyone's cup of tea.

(I own the whole series. And its awesome.)

Besides that, anything MST.

Figure Four
06-24-2007, 11:19 PM
You could always go with Undeclared. It the series that Judd Apatow did after Freaks and Geeks.

Sanagi
06-25-2007, 12:25 AM
I would say 'The Pretender', but I'm pretty sure I'm one of the only people that really loves that show. I'm also pretty sure I'm one of the only people who actually remembers it. I'm not sure I'd go so far as to tell people that they should totally go out and buy it though, since it's not everyone's cup of tea.

(I own the whole series. And its awesome.)

Besides that, anything MST.
I'd put the Pretender in the category of 'shows that are pretty good but don't quite manage to be as good as their premise deserves.'

Red Hedgehog
06-25-2007, 01:53 AM
I put The Pretender in the category of "guilty pleasures".

No one's mentioned Arrested Development yet, so I will.

But actually, I think you should go with what you like. I have never spent my own money on buying a series that I haven't seen before because it just seems silly to. There are rental stores and Netlfix and less legal ways of trying before you buy.

Sarcasmorator
06-25-2007, 08:41 AM
Battlestar Galactica (the new series), Season 1.

reibeatall
06-25-2007, 08:45 AM
Battlestar Galactica (the new series), Season 1.

And then get Seasons 2 and 2.5.

God I love that show.