PDA

View Full Version : GRRR Xbox.

Brickroad
01-13-2008, 07:00 PM
I'm trying to burn through the last few levels of LEGO Star Wars but my Xbox keeps freezing. No red rings or dirty disc errors, just a good ol' fashion lock-up.

I'm thinking about filling it with dynamite to see if that will fix the problem. Is it legal to buy dynamite? I don't know. But I've GOT TO TRY.

cortbassist89
01-13-2008, 07:07 PM
Dynamite will get rid of the problem. Along with your Xbox.

My friend's Box did that once; it would overheat and freeze, but without any red rings or disc errors. Each time we just had to turn it off and then turn it on again.

He was convinced it was on the road to red ringed death, but idk if it's actually started red ringing yet; personally I'd rather have a definite answer than not to know why the hell it isn't working.

blinkpen
01-13-2008, 07:37 PM
I'm thinking about filling it with dynamite to see if that will fix the problem. Is it legal to buy dynamite? I don't know. But I've GOT TO TRY.

With enough soap one can blow up just about anything.

Pooch
01-13-2008, 07:42 PM
My Xbox used to do that occasionally with Oblivion, usually when it was chunking along trying to load a new area. Pissed me off to no end. No rings of death yet, thankfully.

I never considered dynamite, though; I generally envisioned Office Space-style beatdowns with a baseball bat when my Xbox was acting up. You know, to knock some sense into it so that it wouldn't lock up again.

Gredlen
01-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Does anything appear on the screen when it freezes?
Exact same thing happened to mine.

I'm not sure what the difference is with the RROD, but I'm pretty certain that means it's overheating.

cortbassist89
01-13-2008, 08:16 PM
if i understand correctly, red ringing is overheating w the added bonus of the cpu melting and causing the system diagnostics to show red rings. At least, i think its the cpu.

Merus
01-13-2008, 08:47 PM
I have my Xbox freeze about two minutes after I boot up Halo 3. I'm planning to time it tonight.

GnarlyKing
01-14-2008, 10:20 AM
If you're talking about LSW 2, there's a couple known spots where freezing is extremely common due to bugs in the game. Most of them are in the Episode VI Super Story, with the most common being crossing the river in the Endor stage and exiting the Death Star at the end of the very last stage. There's a couple others that I can't remember, but if it keeps freezing in the same spot, it's most likely the game and not your console.

le geek
01-18-2008, 06:39 AM