PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Jack and Neverhood films.

Coinspinner
06-29-2007, 02:10 AM
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117967622.html?categoryid=1050&cs=1

I haven't watched a movie since Pirates of the Caribbean 2, which I regretted. I'm some kind of movie hating cave dweller. But I might get off my ass for more Samurai Jack. And I read Neverhood was good too but I've never played it.

Vahn16
06-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Finally, Samurai Jack might get some kind of closure. How many years has it been now?

mr_bungle700
06-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Three or four, I think. Too many. I'd love to see a Samurai Jack film.

A proper Neverhood film would unfortunately be too good to be at all popular. Also it might actually kill the people in the theater with its awesomeness. I'd still go to see it though. Death by awesome is a fine way to go.

I will say this about the film though: no Terry S. Taylor, no deal. Period. On the other hand, if he does do the soundtrack (and I can't imagine why he wouldn't), we run into that "fatal awesomeness" problem again.

Peach
06-29-2007, 08:35 AM
I certainly hope Samurai Jack gets into production. Anything with Genndy Tartakovsky involved is made of win, as far I'm concerned (Power of the Dark Crystal, next spring!). The idea of an indie cartoon studio is awesome, and I hope their productions are just as awesome.

What I'd really like to see, though, is another one-shot cartoon program on the tellie, like Oh Yeah! Cartoons and The What a Cartoon! Show (I could go without the excessive use of exclamation marks, though). It's fun to see what animators come up with when they're tying to swing the premise of a new show. And couldn't we all use more shorts like Adventure Time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNVYWJOEy9A)?

Excitemike
06-29-2007, 10:12 AM
Has anyone heard about Genndy Tartakovsky directing an Astro Boy movie for Sony Pictures? Or have I been duped by the internets yet again?

Vahn16
06-30-2007, 12:02 AM
I heard about it quite a while ago. I try to stay on the up-and-up as far animation (and animation-related things) goes (go), and I haven't read anything about it recently. My guess is that it's on the backburner for now.