PDA

View Full Version : The Official PoF Confession Thread.

Pages : [1] 2

SDMX
07-01-2007, 09:52 PM
I read the comic Cat and Girl to feel better about myself intellectually. I don't even get the jokes all the time. =(

Excitemike
07-01-2007, 09:57 PM
I pre-ordered the witch-touching game. I thought it would be funny to goof on, but last week I read "Welcome to the N.H.K" and now I just feel like a pedo. I tried to cancel the order, but I think it's already shipped. I'm not going to end up on some list, am I?

Savathun
07-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Well, I'm lost again, and I don't think googling 'cat and girl' will do much much good.

I already know what kinds of results I'll get.

openedsource
07-01-2007, 10:09 PM
Well, I'm lost again, and I don't think googling 'cat and girl' will do much much good.

I already know what kinds of results I'll get.

If you get brave, you might want to let M.Nicolai know if he shows up in any of those search results.

Mazian
07-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Fortunately, it's in a pleasantly straightforward location: http://www.catandgirl.com/

(I stopped reading it a while back, but still use it as an occasional reference source (http://catandgirl.com/view.php?loc=94).)

Vahn16
07-01-2007, 10:29 PM
I've been procrastinating writing the first part of a Starcraft thing for my blog, even though I've done everything I need to outside of actually writing it. Instead, I just keep playing Starcraft.

Excitemike
07-01-2007, 10:32 PM
That's a terrible confession. That strip isn't so bad! I kind of like it, actually.

My confession was much more embarrassing. Someone else needs to step up, pronto.

Eusis
07-01-2007, 10:39 PM
Someone else needs to step up, pronto.

i like xenosaga

Ok, 1 was ok, 3 was pretty good, and I hate 2.

Savathun
07-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Well, that "puppet regime" thing pretty much instantly won me over.

sraymonds
07-01-2007, 10:42 PM
I don't know half the games that everyone talks about. And I have a man-crush on anyone that worked on a Shin Megami Tensai game.

alexb
07-01-2007, 10:43 PM
I'm wasting my best years.

estragon
07-01-2007, 10:43 PM
That's a terrible confession.

For real. But I'm so glad you made it, because now it has replaced Overcompensating as my favorite comic strip after just 15 minutes or so of reading it. It's way too good to be ashamed of though. EMBRACE CAT AND GIRL!

Squall
07-01-2007, 10:46 PM
If I want to feel smart I just read xkcd or dinosaur comics.

RAC
07-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I owned an N64 but never got Mario 64.

estragon
07-01-2007, 10:54 PM

YOU FUCKING MONSTER

Tomm Guycot
07-01-2007, 10:56 PM
I have a Virtual Console spending addiction.

I hope sraymonds can comfort me...

shivam
07-01-2007, 10:59 PM
there are few things more terrifying in life than watching virtual console mario eat all your coins.

Jeanie
07-01-2007, 11:01 PM

That's like owning a PSP and not owning Lumines. How the hell does that happen.

sraymonds
07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
I hope sraymonds can comfort me...

I...ummm....bragged that I traded Pokemons with someone that worked at Atlus and worked on the SMT games. That someone was Tomm.

Mightyblue
That's like owning a PSP and not owning Lumines. How the hell does that happen.Considering all the people who just bought it for the firmware exploit...quite a few.

JCDenton
I have never drank Mountain Dew. I strongly dislike Halo. I think Hideo Kojima is a genius.

*Hangs head in shame*

Vahn16
07-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Oh hey, turns out I have another confession to make.

Edit - this was a response to the buy-a-PSP-and-not-own-Lumines thing, but three people managed to post before me. We're moving as fast as a Gamefaqs forum!

Excitemike
07-01-2007, 11:04 PM
Considering all the people who just bought it for the firmware exploit...quite a few.

I knew there was something I was supposed to do this weekend!

Jeanie
07-01-2007, 11:17 PM
I have to confess. I don't like Final Fantasy Tactics. It just never really "clicked" with me.

mr_bungle700
07-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Yesterday when I was washing my face in the shower I accidentally slugged myself in so hard in the mouth that I ended up tasting blood. This wouldn't be so embarrassing if it was only the first time that I kicked my own ass while showering. An earlier incident involved me slicing the inside of my nose with a jagged fingernail and then looking down to see blood pouring down my chest and pooling up on the floor below. For a moment I was seriously afraid I was going to die lying in a puddle of my own nose blood. Not really the most dignified way to go.

Anyway, I think M.Nicolai wins(?) the thread so far.

reibeatall
07-01-2007, 11:18 PM
I've never beaten Final Fantasy 6, even though it's my favorite in the numbered FF series.

philliam
07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
i just spent 54 dollars on a vinyl record

Torgo
07-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I have a Virtual Console spending addiction.
Sixty Dollars

One new 'next-gen' game on one of those other systems
Six N64 games
Seven SNES or Genesis games with 400 points left over
Ten TG-16 games
Twelve NES games

I, for one, welcome our new software drought overlords... uh, or something like that.

Moving along... I have never played Guitar Hero, God of War, Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, or MGS3.

Parish
07-01-2007, 11:46 PM
I already posted about owning Busou Shinki figures in front of hundreds of people, and nothing's gonna top that.

Eusis
07-01-2007, 11:52 PM
I dunno, that game Nicolai's getting also has little boys to touch. What the hell SNK?

tungwene
07-01-2007, 11:54 PM
I like that FMV of Sephiroth walking through the flames of Nibelheim. It's lost its effectiveness on me through SE repeatedly whoring it out too much but the first time I saw it it sent chills down my spine and I still remember that feeling.

Tomm Guycot
07-01-2007, 11:56 PM
I have never drank Mountain Dew. I strongly dislike Halo. I think Hideo Kojima is a genius.

*Hangs head in shame*

Oh no, we're doing this thing again where people out themselves as clones of me...

Savathun
07-02-2007, 01:03 AM
I like that FMV of Sephiroth walking through the flames of Nibelheim. It's lost its effectiveness on me through SE repeatedly whoring it out too much but the first time I saw it it sent chills down my spine and I still remember that feeling.

Everything about that Nibelheim scene gave me the chills. It was at that point that I realized I really loved this game and its plot. It was so spooky and exactly the sort of thing I like in "science gone awry" stories. The only things that made me like Sephiroth as a villain (and maybe "like" isn't the best word) is Jenova and the way he messes with Cloud's mind and kills Aeris.

But Jenova is definitely my favorite part of the game. Everything about "her" is just freaky. Some sort of alien parasite that's been around since the planet's beginning, practically, referred to by ancient cultures as "the calamity from out of the skies," or whatever. I totally get a kick out of that stuff.

Actually I like any story where something scary is referenced in various cultures' legends and myths. Take Fire in the Sky, for example. It has one scary, blink-and-you'll-miss-it part where a reporter is telling the history of the woods where Travis Walton was abducted and he says that the local Indians considered the place to be evil, because in their stories, demons would come down from the sky to take away children.

Spooks me out every time.

spineshark
07-02-2007, 01:13 AM
I've never played a Dragon Quest game.

And this forum is the only place where I even remotely feel "bad" about it.

Mazian
07-02-2007, 01:45 AM
I was a fairly late PS1 adopter. Early '99, I didn't have much of a library built up, and was faced with two interesting-looking options at the store:

Metal Gear Solid
Brave Fencer Musashi

So, I made my choice, and played it to obsessive completion:
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/2742/bfmperfectiy6.jpg

I still haven't played MGS.

SDMX
07-02-2007, 02:10 AM

I forgive you. Especially since you and I both reference the exact same C&G strip to break down the social definitions of Geek, Nerd and Dork. I am give you big hug. Is make happy.

Seriously though, get on that MGS shit. We don't stand for that here. (Though Musashiden was a beautiful game, now and forever.)

Savathun
07-02-2007, 02:14 AM
It really was. It's a shame that Samurai Legend was so dull. The graphics and music are great but it's not fun to play.

djSyndrome
07-02-2007, 07:40 AM
I own Bujingai, and not because it's a fun game.

VsRobot
07-02-2007, 07:59 AM
I never beat the original Super Mario Brothers.

Excitemike
07-02-2007, 08:01 AM
Our people tell the same story. I didn't play MGS until about 4 years ago, and BFM is nothing to be ashamed about. So basically, you lose at this thread.

I picked up Samurai Legend last week, brand new for 10 bucks! Maybe I'll take it out of the plastic some time.

mr_bungle700
07-02-2007, 09:11 AM
I never beat the original Super Mario Brothers.

!!!

Sheana
07-02-2007, 09:34 AM
Despite how much I played the first two Link games on the NES as a kid, I never actually beat either of them.

Excitemike
07-02-2007, 09:41 AM
The only FF game I ever finished was VII, and I had to resort to a cheat device to do it. (and it was still almost too hard for me)

Torgo
07-02-2007, 09:43 AM
Don't worry, I cheated to beat FFVII as well. But people kept erasing my saves halfway through the first disc, so it wasn't a matter of difficulty so much as it was just being fed up and wanting to beat it.

Excitemike
07-02-2007, 10:09 AM
I played it throught to the end, but I couldn't get throught that last cave and I just wanted to see how the thing ended.

I'd like to go back and finish IX someday. I got right up to the final boss, decided to level up some more and then lost the memory card with the save on it.

Torgo
07-02-2007, 10:12 AM
I lost both my PS1 memory cards. I've also booted up two different copies of FFII/IV only to find all the saves gone. For bonus points of awkward fun, neither of the copies were mine.

I think I might have the kiss of death when it comes to saves.

Meg
07-02-2007, 10:18 AM
I sold all of my classic games and systems. Earthbound, FF2, FF3, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Snatcher, Policenauts, all the Panzer Dragoon games (Saga included), Lunar games, Ys series, a slew of Turbo Duo games, and other stuff I'm sure I'm forgetting. Most of the games I only played through once, and some, like Policenauts, I never finished. I, uh, only got a mediocre ending in CT, and I never bothered to see a proper ending. I don't miss the games at all, strangely.

poetfox
07-02-2007, 10:56 AM
I traded my copy of Chrono Trigger for a copy of Secret of Mana.
I'm not especially sad about it, but I understand most would consider that a bad thing.

Makkara
07-02-2007, 11:02 AM
I sold my SNES and all its games (including FFVI) to buy a PlayStation. That damn t-rex tech demo made me lose my senses.

Torgo
07-02-2007, 11:21 AM
When I moved to Hawaii I capitulated to my parents wishes and gave away the small bundle of Atari 2600/5200/7800 games I had (the hardware had finally gone belly-up about a year before). I've smuggled a few good ones out though in the hopes of one day picking up a working 7800 again. (Joust, Food Fight, and Moon Patrol alone are worth it).

djSyndrome
07-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Earlier this year, I sold my entire 32-bit Final Fantasy collection. VII, VIII, IX, Tactics, Anthology, Origins, and Chronicles. All were in mint condition and most had strategy guides and soundtracks to match.

I didn't even need the money. I haven't even spent the money.

Savathun
07-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I paid full price for Samurai Legend Musashi.

If there was someone you could pay to piss in your shoes, I'd probably have spent money on that, too.

Calorie Mate
07-02-2007, 11:47 AM
That's a terrible confession. That strip isn't so bad! I kind of like it, actually.

My confession was much more embarrassing. Someone else needs to step up, pronto.

I ordered that game for a friend of mine as a joke, but his birthday isn't for another month and the longer I wait, the more I want to keep it and play it.

Excitemike
07-02-2007, 12:14 PM
I ordered that game for a friend of mine as a joke, but his birthday isn't for another month and the longer I wait, the more I want to keep it and play it.

I was going to write an article about why the Amazon pre-orders for the game were so high (A: because the pervies are too embarrassed to go into a store and order it in person). I started drafting it and it turned into a screed against moe, and why maybe it was inappropriate to give a game like that a teen rating. And as I thought about it I realised the loudest way to speak out was with my wallet, and now I'm having, like, a crisis of faith that I'm supporting this industry. And this morning I thought of a great way it would tie into a larger piece that, with a lot of research, could turn into this really amazing article about how this new type of interactivity is being perceived by the non-gaming public. So now I don't know what to do.

(PROtip: I'm looking for feedback, guys)

reibeatall
07-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm going to order it. I want to touch pre-teen witches. Nothing wrong with that, is there?

Parish
07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
No shame in that; FFVII was great the first time around. It's just one of those things that you should never play twice, or after, say, 1997, because then the shortcomings become glaringly obvious.

Sheana
07-02-2007, 01:13 PM
Yeah tung, I know what you mean. I was 12 when the first FFVII ads hit, and seeing those FMVs of Sephiroth in the flames, Jenova, the steampunk city and so on were the Coolest Things Ever.

Balrog
07-02-2007, 01:50 PM
It has taken me this long to realize PoF stands for Pit of Flames.

shivam
07-02-2007, 01:52 PM
i like talking about and writing about games more than i like playing them.

Torgo
07-02-2007, 02:01 PM
It has taken me this long to realize PoF stands for Pit of Flames.
I didn't figure it out until you said it.

djSyndrome
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
To this day, I have little to no experience with the Saturn's library.

Honestly? Unless you're into good conversions of mid-90s Capcom 2D fighting games, you're not missing much.

shivam
07-02-2007, 02:24 PM
http://www.segagagadomain.com/saturn13/dungeons-f.jpg

disagrees with you.

TheSL
07-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Also Radiant Silvergun, but regardless most of the games worth playing for the Saturn didn't see a US release.

reibeatall
07-02-2007, 02:26 PM

disagrees with you.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/saturn/dragonforce.jpg

This also disagrees with you.

djSyndrome
07-02-2007, 02:27 PM

disagrees with you.

Wow, you posted a 2D Capcom game. With fighting, even. Thanks for validating my point!

An as far as Radiant Silvergun goes, well, it's good. But it's no Espgaluda.

Seriously, guys? The Saturn isn't that great. And this comes from someone who plunked down for both a JP version and the early US launch.

Excitemike
07-02-2007, 02:28 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/eye_robot/miscellaneous/Segata.jpg

'sup?

Eusis
07-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Not to mention games like Dragon Force and the Panzer Dragoon series.

Mightyblue
07-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Shining Force 3 would like some of your attention as well.

reibeatall
07-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Shining Force 3 would like some of your attention as well.

Only Chapter 1, though.

Mightyblue
07-02-2007, 02:38 PM
Sadly, yes.

djSyndrome
07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Not to mention games like Dragon Force and the Panzer Dragoon series.

Panzer Dragoon: odd numbered games only.

Dragon Force: no.

Meg
07-02-2007, 02:46 PM
I know it was a terrible port, but I liked Daytona USA on the Saturn in its day, if only because you could unlock some horses to race with. I was disappointed that they weren't in the Dreamcast version, but the Pywackett made up for it. Maybe I just like winning races with goofy cars?

shivam
07-02-2007, 02:47 PM
ok, so the saturn really wasnt all that great. but shadows over mystara was freaking awesome, and i wish to god there was a way to bring that game out again.

djSyndrome
07-02-2007, 02:49 PM
ok, so the saturn really wasnt all that great. but shadows over mystara was freaking awesome, and i wish to god there was a way to bring that game out again.

After two volumes of Capcom Classics Collections - both with some games a lot worse than Mystara - I'm going to assume that someone just didn't want to spend the money.

Mightyblue
07-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Also need to consider that emulating the Saturn is a pain in the ass. They still can't do it right on the PC, and I'd assume that console emulation would be even worse.

shivam
07-02-2007, 02:51 PM
its a licencing thing. the D&D licence is no longer capcom's, and mystara doesnt exist as a property anymore, and hasbro is full of morons, so we'll never see it again.

djSyndrome
07-02-2007, 02:57 PM
Also need to consider that emulating the Saturn is a pain in the ass. They still can't do it right on the PC, and I'd assume that console emulation would be even worse.

ORLY? (http://www.gametap.com/home/play/browse/index.html?searchTerm=Saturn)

Besides, Saturn emulation isn't the question. These games originally ran on CPS2 hardware, which has been successfully done on the PS2 and XBox. Capcom would port the arcade originals, not the Saturn ports.

locit
07-02-2007, 02:58 PM
If you ever want to play Panzer Dragoon Saga but lack a Saturn SSF (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/ssf.html) plays it very nearly perfectly, though it is my understanding lacking a Saturn is rarely the problem. If you don't want to play Panzer Dragoon Saga, well, you're my mortal enemy and must be destroyed. I also can't imagine hating Zwei, as it improved on the original in every conceivable way. I'll give you Orta, if only because it felt like it was trying way to hard to be Zwei.

I had a Saturn (and only a Saturn) during the PS1 era and I had a pretty good time with it.

Calorie Mate
07-02-2007, 03:08 PM
I was going to write an article about why the Amazon pre-orders for the game were so high (A: because the pervies are too embarrassed to go into a store and order it in person). I started drafting it and it turned into a screed against moe, and why maybe it was inappropriate to give a game like that a teen rating. And as I thought about it I realised the loudest way to speak out was with my wallet, and now I'm having, like, a crisis of faith that I'm supporting this industry. And this morning I thought of a great way it would tie into a larger piece that, with a lot of research, could turn into this really amazing article about how this new type of interactivity is being perceived by the non-gaming public. So now I don't know what to do.

(PROtip: I'm looking for feedback, guys)

I don't really see this game being[\i] perceived by the non-gaming public. Hell, if someone hadn't stumbled upon the premise and every gaming website out there picked it up for a good laugh, I doubt any of [i]us would have even heard of it.

Jeanie
07-02-2007, 05:13 PM
I don't really see this game being perceived by the non-gaming public. Hell, if someone hadn't stumbled upon the premise and every gaming website out there picked it up for a good laugh, I doubt any of us would have even heard of it.

I still don't know what game you guys are talking about.

Mr. Sensible
07-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm wasting my best years.

Ditto. Also, I didn't learn to ride a bike 'til I was thirteen.

Mightyblue
07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Awesome, I derailed a thread. I've never done that before.

JFink: He means Dokidoki Majou Saiban (http://www.insertcredit.com/archives/001731.html). (The link goes to Insert Credit, because that's just where one reads about games like this.)I'm pretty sure Nintendo would never allow outright porn onto any of their consoles, but then I'd have never imagined a dating sim with a touch screen would be that popular either.

Sarcasmorator
07-02-2007, 10:53 PM
The first time I played through Chrono Trigger I was really disappointed.

Excitemike
07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
I don't really see this game being perceived by the non-gaming public. Hell, if someone hadn't stumbled upon the premise and every gaming website out there picked it up for a good laugh, I doubt any of us would have even heard of it.

I was thinking along the lines of Manhunt 2 being judged with a stricter criteria because of it's physical interaction, and the things going on in NY legislature. Nintendo's success is opening a very big can of worms.

Witch-touching is gaming 3.0.

thomp538
07-02-2007, 11:40 PM
I cast thee out!!

Excitemike
07-02-2007, 11:42 PM

Oh, now you're just making stuff up.

Sarcasmorator
07-03-2007, 01:27 AM
No, really! I actually started over once I hit the Black Omen because I felt like the game was way too short and I was mad and thought I'd wasted my money. And I really didn't like (and still don't like) the main battle and regular boss music.

I mean, I think it's great now. But at the time it didn't live up to whatever my expectations were. I needed repeat play-throughs to really appreciate it.

BEAT
07-03-2007, 05:22 AM
I have never beaten, and furthermore have made no immediate plans to beat Chrono Trigger or any Final Fantasy. Or any Square Enix Game. Or any plain old Squaresoft game. The one plain old Enix game I've beaten is Terranigma, and I enjoyed it far more than 75% of Chrono Trigger I actually got through.

And I STILL like Sonic the Hedgehog.

To top it all off, I feel that Devil May Cry 3 is the best game the PS2 ever had.

Did I win?

Thinaran
07-03-2007, 06:47 AM
No, you lose! At life!

I didn't read the "For Brandon's eyes only" thread.

Torgo
07-03-2007, 08:09 AM
I have never beaten a Castlevania. Outside of a most-of-the-way playthrough of SotN, I have actually not really played much of the series at all.

Excitemike
07-03-2007, 08:26 AM
I've never actually played a, what do you call it? Video-game?

sraymonds
07-03-2007, 08:32 AM
I don't know anything about Mother 3. I don't really care right now either.

Torgo
07-03-2007, 08:42 AM
sraymonds is my new hero.

Ghost from Spelunker
07-03-2007, 08:50 AM
After that thread I made in the Pit of Flames about the Ninja Turtles newspaper comic, I'm still reading it. I have a problem.

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 10:28 AM
I detest Super Star Squad, or whatever it's called. It was funny once, ever.

shivam
07-03-2007, 10:33 AM
http://www.shafted.com.au/photos/albums/funnies/b/normal_BanHim.jpg

Balrog
07-03-2007, 10:45 AM

Your words are poison.

Savathun
07-03-2007, 10:50 AM
He... he said I wasn't funny once, too. He just.. he just doesn't care who he hurts.

He's a monster.

I'm still amazed there was ever a time when I WAS funny...

halverde
07-03-2007, 11:18 AM
I love Breath of Fire III. And don't enjoy Castlevania in the slightest.

Is this where I get my ankle tied to a wild horse and dragged into oblivion? (P.S. I disliked Oblivion too.)

ringworm
07-03-2007, 11:37 AM
On the Castlevania tip, Castlevania II on the NES might be my favorite in the series.

Tomm Guycot
07-03-2007, 12:18 PM
CalorieMate is right.

Also, seriously guys, I buy games i HATE on VC just to have them. You know, like Urban Champion and Milon's Secret Castle. I think it's one of those rape fantasy things--if I CONTROL them, they aren't scary.

Excitemike
07-03-2007, 12:23 PM

I thought you were cool, man. I thought you were 'down'.

If you had to choose the least funny thing about it, would you pick the funny words or the funny pictures?

Also, seriously guys, I buy games i HATE on VC just to have them.
That quote is going to bite you in the ass someday.

BEAT
07-03-2007, 12:42 PM
I think it's one of those rape fantasy things--if I CONTROL them, they aren't scary.

Not nearly as much as this one is.

Parish
07-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, if Tomm ever decides to run for office he's gonna have to pay me big bucks to destroy all evidence of that ill-advised comparison.

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 12:58 PM
I thought you were cool, man. I thought you were 'down'.

If you had to choose the least funny thing about it, would you pick the funny words or the funny pictures?

Oh, it's the words that are the problem, definitely. I've toyed with the idea of Photoshopping my own dialogue into the comic and making it better, but I'm lazy.

Savathun
07-03-2007, 12:59 PM
Oh, it's the words that are the problem, definitely. I've toyed with the idea of Photoshopping my own dialogue into the comic and making it better, but I'm lazy.

Careful. Loki might decide to "photoshop" you into a fire to make it better. He's killed men for less.

valhalladeath
07-03-2007, 01:03 PM
I hated Earthbound.

I still can't wrap my mind around why people think it is so awesome. I played it to the end expecting it to get better, and it never got better. I was so bored, I actually stopped playing video games for a brief time.

Tomm Guycot
07-03-2007, 01:43 PM
I hated Earthbound.

I still can't wrap my mind around why people think it is so awesome. I played it to the end expecting it to get better, and it never got better. I was so bored, I actually stopped playing video games for a brief time.

How old were you / how long ago was this?

Tomm Guycot
07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Yeah, if Tomm ever decides to run for office he's gonna have to pay me big bucks to destroy all evidence of that ill-advised comparison.

You've clearly never been raped by Urban Champion.

(does Contra 4 count as "big bucks"?)

shivam
07-03-2007, 01:47 PM
zomg tomm, you're on egm live.

philliam
07-03-2007, 01:49 PM
i hate scrubs and everyone else apparently likes that show

estragon
07-03-2007, 01:52 PM
i hate scrubs and everyone else apparently likes that show

I really want to like things Zack Braff does because he's cute, but I just can't get myself to do it because it all sucks so hard. Fuck Scrubs.

philliam
07-03-2007, 01:53 PM
the drama in that shows makes me laugh sometimes

TheSL
07-03-2007, 01:57 PM
the drama in that shows makes me laugh sometimes

That's honestly what ruins the show for me most every time I try to watch it. Its like, "Hey, look its 18 minutes of fairly funny content! Lets ruin the last 4-6 minutes with forced drama that forces people to learn a life lesson!" To be honest, though, this type of format(comedy->forced drama) is the reason why a lot of comedies end up being pretty crappy these days.

thomp538
07-03-2007, 02:14 PM
I grew up on a steady diet of ABC TGIF Fridays!

sraymonds
07-03-2007, 02:15 PM
And that, DJ, is why we don't try to lose weight through starvation. So CUT IT OUT.

Mightyblue
07-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I use my computer and its subwoofer as footstools. While they're on!

valhalladeath
07-03-2007, 02:21 PM
I also really enjoyed playing some of the games on the 3DO. The 3DO version of Need For Speed was awesome.

valhalladeath
07-03-2007, 02:25 PM
How old were you / how long ago was this?

I was 22 years old and purchased it the day it came out. I was very excited to play the game and was very disappointed. I replayed it 2 or 3 years ago to see if time had changed my opinion, and the answer was no.

Tomm Guycot
07-03-2007, 02:30 PM
I was 22 years old and purchased it the day it came out. I was very excited to play the game and was very disappointed. I replayed it 2 or 3 years ago to see if time had changed my opinion, and the answer was no.

That really surprises me, I dunno. In my experience, the older one is, the more likely they are to appreciate Mother.

Tomm Guycot
07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
zomg tomm, you're on egm live.

Shivam--I am everywhere.

(PS> how's this double posting working out for everyone? good?)

alexb
07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
I grew up on a steady diet of ABC TGIF Fridays!

Everywhere you look
everywhere you go.
There's a face
Of somebody who needs you.

Mightyblue
07-03-2007, 02:33 PM
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42457000/jpg/_42457620_kim203afp.jpg
I must confess that this photo slays me. Especially considering how evil a man he is.

valhalladeath
07-03-2007, 02:37 PM
That really surprises me, I dunno. In my experience, the older one is, the more likely they are to appreciate Mother.

I know, that is why it is a confession. I am sad because I really feel that I am missing something. I WANT to enjoy it.

philliam
07-03-2007, 02:37 PM
Shivam--I am everywhere.

i've been doing it before you fool

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 02:38 PM
And that, DJ, is why we don't try to lose weight through starvation. So CUT IT OUT.

And that's why you should always leave a note! (See, life lessons and comedy can mix...in some shows.)

philliam
07-03-2007, 02:39 PM
I must confess that this photo slays me. Especially considering how evil a man he is.

haha looks like my dad

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Everywhere you look
everywhere you go.
There's a face

Itís a rare condition, this day and age,
To read any good news on the newspaper page.
Love and tradition of the grand design,
Some people say itís even harder to find.

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 02:41 PM

I don't care for it.

Balrog
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
That's funny, I really get a kick out of heroic Saddam pictures. That painting of him on the white horse slays me.

sraymonds
07-03-2007, 03:31 PM
And that's why you should always leave a note! (See, life lessons and comedy can mix...in some shows.)

Oh Cal Man, you blowhard.

djSyndrome
07-03-2007, 03:41 PM
Shivam--I am everywhere.

You were on my TV screen the other night, but for some reason your last name started with an 'H'.

Calorie Mate
07-03-2007, 04:49 PM
Tomm Huycot?

Red Hedgehog
07-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Everywhere you look
everywhere you go.
There's a face

Itís a rare condition, this day and age,
To read any good news on the newspaper page.
Love and tradition of the grand design,
Some people say itís even harder to find.

Man, I think I stopped watching TGIF the first year Family Matters started. I'll never forget one of the shows they used to anchor it:

Sometimes the world looks perfect, nothing to rearrange.
Sometimes you just get a feeling like you need some kind of change.
No matter what the odds are this time,
Nothing's gonna stand in my way.
This flame in my heart
And a long lost friend
Gives every dark tunnel a light at the end.

And I guess my confession is that I have a pretty incredible memory for the theme songs of shows I watch from the mid-80s to the early 90s. Sitcoms, cartoons, heck even dramas with just musical intros (MacGuyver, Quantum Leap), name them and I sing them. It's my bar trick.

thomp538
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Man, I think I stopped watching TGIF the first year Family Matters started. I'll never forget one of the shows they used to anchor it:

Sometimes the world looks perfect, nothing to rearrange.
Sometimes you just get a feeling like you need some kind of change.
No matter what the odds are this time,
Nothing's gonna stand in my way.
This flame in my heart
And a long lost friend
Gives every dark tunnel a light at the end.

And I guess my confession is that I have a pretty incredible memory for the theme songs of shows I watch from the mid-80s to the early 90s. Sitcoms, cartoons, heck even dramas with just musical intros (MacGuyver, Quantum Leap), name them and I sing them. It's my bar trick.
So you left before the Step By Step years? Shame.

My favorite TGIF moment was when they ran a commercial for the SNES right when it was released with footage of Super Mario World and I was all like ZOMG! WANT! and such. I used to play Castelvania II while watching TGIF Fridays. Memories.

alexb
07-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Are you taking about the commercial with the angry guy's head talking in a scary voice?

thomp538
07-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Are you taking about the commercial with the angry guy's head talking in a scary voice?
Don't remember that, just Super Mario World footage. Real early commercial, like November 1991

Tomm Guycot
07-03-2007, 06:52 PM
I think he means...

MORE speed!
MORE excitement!
MORE fun!

Alastor
07-03-2007, 08:22 PM
My experience with Castlevania consists of:

Ten minutes of the first NES game.
6 hours of Dawn of Sorrow.

Be gentle.

Torgo
07-03-2007, 10:14 PM
In your defense, how could anyone not know the Quantum Leap song?

VsRobot
07-03-2007, 10:36 PM
I have no nostalgia for Transformers. However, I have a ton of nostalgia for GoBots. I grew up playing with what has been called the "K-Mart" version of Transformers!

Sarcasmorator
07-03-2007, 11:07 PM
I had both! Including CyKill and Leader One, and this monstery guy they made later. His legs turned into wings or something.

Sheana
07-03-2007, 11:52 PM
I have no nostalgia for Transformers. However, I have a ton of nostalgia for GoBots. I grew up playing with what has been called the "K-Mart" version of Transformers!

I'm with you there. Aside from watching a few episodes of Beast Wars, I stayed far away from every aspect of the franchise, and to this day I don't give a flying f*ck about Transformers.

shivam
07-04-2007, 12:09 AM
beast wars, and to a lesser extent beast machines, were incredibly well written shows.

Calorie Mate
07-04-2007, 01:21 AM
But the original is wrapped up so neatly in 80's nostalgia that I can't help but find it delicious!

Red Hedgehog
07-04-2007, 02:20 AM
So you left before the Step By Step years? Shame.

No, I had my timeline wrong. I remember (vaguely) Step by Step and wikipedia says it started two years after Family Matters and I watched Family Matters long enough to wonder why they wrote out one of the sisters. And I definitely remember the second TGIF theme (It's Friday night... and the mood is right).

But definitely 1990/91 was my last serious TGIF year. It was that year that I realized I watched too much television. And I also started to become more intrested in others things... which I'd like to say were girls but I think that took another year. It was probably computer games.

Tomm Guycot
07-04-2007, 02:31 AM
Tomm Huycot?

Tomm Hucard?

Caithness
07-04-2007, 09:31 AM
I've owned Mega Man Legends 2 for years but I've never played it.

I bought a complete set of Ichigo 100% tankoubons. One at a time.

Sarcasmorator
07-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Tomm Hucard?

OMG that's Dracuh spelled backwards!

Eusis
07-04-2007, 01:42 PM
Dracuhmmot? I dunno, almost sounds Lovecraftian.

Sheana
07-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Dracuhmmot? I dunno, almost sounds Lovecraftian.

Oh, that reminds me of another confession I have to make. I find H.P. Lovecraft boring as hell.

Zef
07-04-2007, 04:27 PM
"Tomm Hucard" sounds more like something I'd find attached to a Turboduo.

Healy
07-04-2007, 10:29 PM
My confession is that I kinda wanna join this. (http://www.chronocompendium.com/oekaki/index.php)

To understand the full horror of the situation (not that it's necessary), look at the main site. (http://www.chronocompendium.com)

Ghost from Spelunker
07-07-2007, 09:10 AM
I'm playing through the very first Ratchet & Clank game (my very first one ever) and Ruff Trigger side by side to see what all the comparisons are about.
And I don't see how Ruff is a deliberate slap to R&K fans as it is a generic shooting platformer for $20. But we can argue about that in another thread.
Plus, points to Ruff for telling his boss "Yeah? Bite me."

sraymonds
07-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh, that reminds me of another confession I have to make. I find H.P. Lovecraft boring as hell.

I love the concept of the Cthulhu Mythos and the Call of Cthulhu RPG, but I have such a hard time reading his works. This (http://www.amazon.com/Graphic-Classics-Lovecraft-2nd-Novels/dp/0974664898/ref=sr_1_4/102-6011531-7430559?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183822464&sr=8-4) helped a little though.

No, I had my timeline wrong. I remember (vaguely) Step by Step and wikipedia says it started two years after Family Matters and I watched Family Matters long enough to wonder why they wrote out one of the sisters.

They couldn't afford Urkel and little sis' Judy. So they booted her out, and she would later grow up to become a porn star.

rootdown
07-07-2007, 11:51 PM
okay here are some confessions of mine:

-I am a furry artist. I've gone to Further Confusion, the west coast's largest furry con, for three years running. This winter I'm going to have a table.

-A few years ago I ran for president of the internet (as determined by whose website ranks the highest in a google search for the phrase) and was not able to defeat the incumbent.

-I've hated every castlevania game I've ever played, likewise resident evil.

-I hate the shit out of Excel Saga.

-And I hate the shit out of Wierd Al.

poetfox
07-08-2007, 12:33 AM
okay here are some confessions of mine:

-I am a furry artist. I've gone to Further Confusion, the west coast's largest furry con, for three years running. This winter I'm going to have a table.
Do you go by a different name on such things? Now I have to wonder if I've seen your stuffs.

shivam
07-08-2007, 12:42 AM
i'm sure you have. it was the pic of the wolf and the horse. have you seen it? i think there was a cat, too.

sraymonds
07-11-2007, 08:55 PM
I played the Little Mermaid for the DS. The one with all the singing in it. I justified it by saying that I was testing the game for my niece.

ScrambledGregs
07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Might as well roll up a bunch of confessions into one giant post:

Games I can't stand despite really giving them a few chances
Final Fantasy II and VIII (mostly for experimenting with the FF formula but having awful results)

Chrono Cross (nothing like what I expected, and for all the cool features it had--I loved the ability to run from boss fights--it had just as many that pissed me off)

Vagrant Story (this game is frustrating, fascinating mess with the most irritatingly vague equipment and item system I've ever played)

Star Ocean 3 (I don't think this game is beloved, but it takes everything that was cool about the first two games and shits down their necks by going 3D and doing it really badly)

Odin Sphere (this one in particular broke my heart because I wanted to love it but ended up frustrated and disappointed)

Games I like though I know I shouldn't
Xenogears (this was the first big RPG I played after getting a Playstation, and I have fond memories of everything about it even if I realize it's not that great of a game with a completely WTF inducing second disc)

Castlevania: Circle of the Moon (this was the reason I bought a GBA, and it's still my favorite of the GBA trilogy, mostly because Dawn of Sorrow did everything that Aria of Sorrow did only better)

Banjo Kazooie (in all fairness, this is mostly nostalgia from a time when I was best friends with a RPG hating Nintendo diehard who swore by racing games and bad 3D platformers)

Golden Axe 2 (one of the few non-puzzle games my sister would actually play. It's so damned hard and cheap, but we always believed we might someday manage to beat the game)

Calorie Mate
07-12-2007, 12:25 PM
What's wrong with Circle of the Moon? It was a fine portable game. I hated the one between that and Aria more.

Red Hedgehog
07-12-2007, 12:43 PM
Yeah, I don't understand the hate for Circle of the Moon either. It's fairly generic and there isn't any story to speak of, but the gameplay is solid and fun to play through.

I'm just guessing everyone tried to play it on the original GBA where it was apparently impossible to see. Having first played it on my SP, I don't have that problem.

And, uh, back on topic: I enjoyed the original Power Rangers. And I was 15 or so when it came out.

TheSL
07-12-2007, 12:50 PM
Reasons why People Hate CotM:
-IGA hates it
-Hard to see on original GBA
-Card system is really obtuse

That said, I enjoyed it, but it does have its shortcomings.

Savathun
07-12-2007, 12:56 PM
I like it, but it's a hard game to replay, unlike Aria or SotM. It just feels like there isn't as much there, in every sense.

djSyndrome
07-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Here's a confession. A hinge broke on my DS Lite, so I traded it in to GameStop for credit, which they gladly provided.

And I have no immediate intention of replacing it.

Calorie Mate
07-12-2007, 01:11 PM
...wow. Good one.

sraymonds
07-12-2007, 02:01 PM
...w-w-why?

locit
07-12-2007, 02:31 PM
Oh! I never beat Zelda: OoT. That is something I guess. While I'm at it I only played Majora's Mask for about thirty seconds.

SDMX
07-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh! I never beat Zelda: OoT. That is something I guess. While I'm at it I only played Majora's Mask for about thirty seconds.

I can beat that. I played all the way through OoT and got bored while I was fighting Gannon, and to this day, I've never beat it. Hell I got like 70% of the way through Master Quest.

And, yeah Majora's Mask sits right up there just above the CD-i Zeldas for me.

I CAN'T WAIT TO BOMB DODONGOS. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/somniamagus/Zeldaremix.swf)

Savathun
07-22-2007, 05:21 PM
I used to think Harry Potter was stupid and childish and I was actually embarassed when I bought the first book.

Even now, I still get a weird twinge of guilt enjoying the movies.

Vahn16
07-23-2007, 01:20 AM
I can beat that. I played all the way through OoT and got bored while I was fighting Gannon, and to this day, I've never beat it. Hell I got like 70% of the way through Master Quest.

And, yeah Majora's Mask sits right up there just above the CD-i Zeldas for me.

I CAN'T WAIT TO BOMB DODONGOS. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/somniamagus/Zeldaremix.swf)

That was, er, a twist ending.

philliam
07-23-2007, 01:25 AM
final fantasy eight is possibly the greatest game ever made

SDMX
07-23-2007, 01:37 AM
That was, er, a twist ending.

Whoops, looks like I grabbed a hooded version. Oh well, /f/ says hello. You can google for Shmorky's original if you want the untarnished one.

final fantasy eight is possibly the greatest game ever made

Trolls aren't welcome here. >:(

philliam
07-23-2007, 01:46 AM
Trolls aren't welcome here. >:(

That was actually my first Final Fantasy game, no joke.

Also, contains the most annoying characters everrrrrrr.

Torgo
07-23-2007, 02:34 AM
Oh you don't find Selphie annoying, do you!? She's a sweetheart!

Ghost from Spelunker
07-23-2007, 03:35 AM
When I had my copy of Battletoads stolen, I bought another. For $50. And I had already beaten the game, I believe.

(At least I also replaced my stolen River City Ransom on the same trip to Captron)

ScrambledGregs
07-23-2007, 08:27 AM
That was actually my first Final Fantasy game, no joke.

Also, contains the most annoying characters everrrrrrr.

I've always been curious as to why people actually like FFVIII, because it seems like the kind of love-it-or-hate-it experience that I'll never understand the other side of the debate on. I hate FFVIII because all of the things it tries fail miserably in my eyes and it's a huge mess.

Savathun
07-23-2007, 12:35 PM
I've always liked it, mostly because of all the little extras they toss in (like that shadow in the lake thing, the tonberry king, Jumbo Cactuar, the rocks with writing on them) as well as how much more fun the battle system seemed to me in comparison with FF7 -- which, don't get me wrong, I also really liked.

I had been really anxious to play the game for at least a year before it came out, so I'm surprised I wasn't dissapointed from all the expectation and hype I'd worked up.

Zef
07-23-2007, 01:09 PM
I LOVED FF8 when it came out, and I still like it a hell of a lot more than I do 9. Say what you will about the plot and characters (which were mocked to hell and back by that hilarious Let's Play! thread on Something Awful) I liked 'em well enough when I was 19. About the only thing I didn't do in that game was Triple Triad, but I abused the crap out of everything else.

It's also memorable because I finished it long before anyone at a local magazine I used to contribute to back then (Atomix,) so when I took my memory card to their offices, a small crowd gathered to watch the Ulty battles. :D

Eusis
07-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I've always been curious as to why people actually like FFVIII

Agreed. I like it and want to know why!

philliam
07-23-2007, 04:03 PM
because squall was like "i hate may life" then he got laid

thomp538
07-23-2007, 04:35 PM
because squall was like "i hate may life" then he got laid
Him and Anakin Skywalker kind of had similar techniques.

tungwene
07-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I think VIII has one of the best battle systems in the entire series and it was nice how you could turn off random encounters. I think being chased by X-ATM092 in Dollet, most of the Deling City bits minus the sewer were some of the coolest moments in gaming history and I think the relationship between Laguna and Squall is one of the coolest spoilers ever. That'd be where my love for the game ends and the hate begins.

JCDenton
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I don't have a DS and though I finally have the funds to purchase one, I'm waffling.

ScrambledGregs
07-23-2007, 07:19 PM
As for me, I hated everything about FFVIII. The characters were shite, the story was convoluted nonsense even if the translation was better than FFVII, the Draw system was the worst magic system ever, the Junction system made no sense to me and is apparently really easy to break, the whole "everybody levels up as you do, so it's pointless to even try fighting anything if you can beat it at any level with the right spells" was idiotic, and I just plain didn't like it.

Admittedly I only played til the end of the first disc, but if I'm not enjoying a game by the time I'm several hours in, I don't keep going. I tried to force myself to finish FFII but I quickly realized (I say quickly, but I was probably 10 hours in) that it's wiser to spend more time on games I enjoy than to try to make myself finish ones I don't.

philliam
07-23-2007, 07:28 PM
the best part of that game was that rinoa uses her fucking super dog to hit enemies

that dog should have replaced rinoa

Savathun
07-23-2007, 07:30 PM
That would've made for... a very awkward time in the spaceship near the end there.

philliam
07-23-2007, 07:32 PM
the story is squall gets happier because he found this awesome dog and they become best friends until he has to shoot it in the head

also selphie, like in the face

Savathun
07-23-2007, 07:43 PM
That does sound like a bittersweet story about friendship, tragedy, letting go, and shooting Selphie in the face.

djSyndrome
07-23-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm picking up Final Fantasy II on Wednesday. Of my own free will.

Jeanie
07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Guys, I'm playing Final Fantasy X-2 right now. And I kinda like it...

Zef
07-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Guys, I'm playing Final Fantasy X-2 right now. And I kinda like it...
I liked it too. The battle system is actually a pretty interesting experiment, since you have to pay attention to the turn/execution bars for chaining attacks together. The Dressphere System, for all the flak it caught, is also a clever evolution of the Job System.

On the other hand, the rest of the game is all over the place. There are far, far, FAR too many sidequests and secrets that are beyond even reasonable exploration, and most of them are required to get the "good" endings --more than FF9, X-2 feels like it was made specifically for selling strategy guides (or for looking up 100% story completion guides on GameFAQs.) Sadly, the nonlinear progression (one of the strengths of X-2's gameplay) means that the narrative is disjointed and incoherent half the time, and bipolar the rest. You can have Charlie's Angels running all over Spira pulling goofball jobs and herding monkeys in one scene, only to have them go through traumatic experiences involving civil wars and the nature of death itself during the next.

Mazian
07-23-2007, 09:45 PM
I maintain that discs 1, 2, and 4 of FFVIII are a fine game.

Vahn16
07-23-2007, 10:26 PM
I liked it too. The battle system is actually a pretty interesting experiment, since you have to pay attention to the turn/execution bars for chaining attacks together. The Dressphere System, for all the flak it caught, is also a clever evolution of the Job System.

On the other hand, the rest of the game is all over the place. There are far, far, FAR too many sidequests and secrets that are beyond even reasonable exploration, and most of them are required to get the "good" endings --more than FF9, X-2 feels like it was made specifically for selling strategy guides (or for looking up 100% story completion guides on GameFAQs.) Sadly, the nonlinear progression (one of the strengths of X-2's gameplay) means that the narrative is disjointed and incoherent half the time, and bipolar the rest. You can have Charlie's Angels running all over Spira pulling goofball jobs and herding monkeys in one scene, only to have them go through traumatic experiences involving civil wars and the nature of death itself during the next.

Oh yes, the battle system was neat. It's just everything else that I had a problem with. And frankly, FFX had an excellent ending. Why'd they have to go and ruin it?

Mightyblue
07-23-2007, 11:32 PM
I maintain that discs 1, 2, and 4 of FFVIII are a fine game.FFVIII is probably one of my favorites out of the entire series. And that's probably the eighth time I've said that on this forum, lol. I kinda liked the story, actually. Miles and leagues beyond 7 or 9.

Red Hedgehog
07-24-2007, 02:54 AM
All this discussion of Final Fantasy VIII and I still can't get over the fact that anyone on this forum wouldn't want a DS.

EDIT: I guess my confession would be that the only game with Final Fantasy in the title that I have played since Final Fantasy VI was Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

ScrambledGregs
07-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Who doesn't want a DS?? And may I slap some sense into them??

Savathun
07-24-2007, 09:23 AM
What, are you guys giving away DSes? I'll take a DS.

I want one.

I'm down for that.

TheSL
07-24-2007, 09:25 AM
the best part of that game was that rinoa uses her fucking super dog to hit enemies

that dog should have replaced rinoa

So she was just a poor replacement for FFVI's bad-ass Shadow + Interceptor?

I do like FFVIII, but Rinoa is no ninja.

Calorie Mate
07-24-2007, 10:43 AM
So she was just a poor replacement for FFVI's bad-ass Shadow + Interceptor?

I do like FFVIII, but Rinoa is no ninja.

I fully intend to name my dog Interceptor, whenever I finally move into a place where I can have one.

R^2
07-24-2007, 01:09 PM
And I'm going to sneak into your house and steal your dog, leaving only a note that says "Strago learned Rippler".

MCBanjoMike
07-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Confessions:

1) I got to the last mission of Advance Wars 2, but could never finish it. I really love the series, but I just found that mission too hard.

2) I bought Wind Waker a few years back, but I've never gotten past the 2nd dungeon.

3) I prefer the Super Mario All-Stars versions to the originals.

May Miyamoto have mercy on my soul.

TheSL
07-24-2007, 02:33 PM
2) I bought Wind Waker a few years back, but I've never gotten past the 2nd dungeon.

Only what, like 2 dungeons to go after that? That was the shortest Zelda ever on dungeons, but the longest on playtime because it took foreveeeeeeeeeer to get everywhere.

Eusis
07-24-2007, 03:00 PM
... I'd think Majora's Mask or Minish Cap would be shorter in regards to dungeon count. Each of them was pretty huge anyway.

Calorie Mate
07-24-2007, 03:11 PM
Confessions:

1) I got to the last mission of Advance Wars 2, but could never finish it. I really love the series, but I just found that mission too hard.

GOD, THAT MISSION WAS SO FRUSTRATING. My entire strategy eventually hinged on creating a massive diversion on the bottom of the map while a lone bomber, carrying the hopes and dreams of my entire army upon its wings, flew north and destroyed the target.

JCDenton
07-24-2007, 05:34 PM
... I'd think Majora's Mask or Minish Cap would be shorter in regards to dungeon count. Each of them was pretty huge anyway.

Depends on what you count as a dungeon. For example, Majora had 4 major dungeons, but also things like Ikana castle and the pirates' hideout.

Eusis
07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I couldn't remember all of that but I could see those counting. Part of why I put the Minish Cap there too, there's not as much of that kinda stuff in it.

Tomm Guycot
07-24-2007, 06:01 PM
I really, really like the MGS series.

Kishi
07-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Baby, that ain't no crime.

sraymonds
07-24-2007, 07:03 PM
He meant the Mace Griffin Series.

VsRobot
07-24-2007, 07:30 PM
I like big butts.

And I cannot lie.

ScrambledGregs
07-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Give a man some big tits, and he has fun for a few years. Give a man a big ass, and he has fun for a lifetime.

djSyndrome
07-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Give a man some big tits, and he has fun for a few years. Give a man a big ass, and he has fun for a lifetime.

You do know they don't have to be mutually exclusive, right?

Kishi
07-24-2007, 08:31 PM

Some would disagree (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02212007).

ScrambledGregs
07-25-2007, 08:48 AM
Speaking from personal experience, I had a girlfriend with sizeable tits once, and it was ok. However, my first girlfriend had a big ass, and it is genuinely one of the things I miss about her.

philliam
07-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Well MY girlfriend has big titties and behinds and let me tell you whuat

djSyndrome
07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
Well MY girlfriend has big titties and behinds and let me tell you whuat

Pics or it didn't happen.

Excitemike
07-25-2007, 12:27 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/eye_robot/miscellaneous/uuabw065d.gif

Mightyblue
07-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Can't you like both? I mean...er....they're both good?

Excitemike
07-25-2007, 12:36 PM
No. You have to pick one.

djSyndrome
07-25-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm shocked that a separate thread hasn't been created yet.

TheSL
07-25-2007, 12:39 PM
Ok, so my confession is that I've never seen any movie where Bruce Campbell had anything more than a cameo role.

Excitemike
07-25-2007, 01:02 PM
Ok, so my confession is that I've never seen any movie where Bruce Campbell had anything more than a cameo role.

You've never seen McHale's Navy!?
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d25/eye_robot/miscellaneous/mchales-navy.jpg

sraymonds
07-25-2007, 01:09 PM
He'll always be Charles Travis to me. Yes, I know it's basically a cameo.

He's not to bad in the new show Burn Notice.

Calorie Mate
07-25-2007, 01:19 PM
This all reminds me: I'm incredibly excited about his new movie coming in...September, I think...called "My Name is Bruce". Greatest idea in the world.

Red Hedgehog
07-25-2007, 01:39 PM
GOD, THAT MISSION WAS SO FRUSTRATING. My entire strategy eventually hinged on creating a massive diversion on the bottom of the map while a lone bomber, carrying the hopes and dreams of my entire army upon its wings, flew north and destroyed the target.

That is exactly how I beat that mission. It took me awhile to find the right combination of the two other COs.

philliam
07-25-2007, 02:10 PM
i kind of dont like metal, sorry you dumb nerds

Jeanie
07-25-2007, 02:49 PM
Late to the party but I'm a leg man myself. Nice legs usually mean a nice ass, but not always the other way around. Also I like nice tits, not big ones necessarily, but nice ones.

Tomm Guycot
07-25-2007, 03:09 PM
I find "tits" to be a disgusting slang. I'm repulsed every time I read/hear it.

alexb
07-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I dunno. It can be pretty cutting if you're meaning to be insulting, but it's also be a nice pert word for a nice pert things. I suppose it's all context and personal choice. Breasts isn't really a sexy word, I know that. This is a rather weird turn we've taken.

sraymonds
07-25-2007, 03:19 PM
I love tits.

http://www.garden-birds.co.uk/birds/images/great_tit.jpg

What?

EDIT: can anyone see the picture of the bird? Joke is funnier if you can see it.

Calorie Mate
07-25-2007, 03:28 PM

No woman I've ever asked can ever give me a satisfactory answer as to what I should refer to them as, so "titties" it is.

philliam
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
i call them punching bags

VsRobot
07-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Some would disagree (http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=02212007).

I absolutely felt betrayed by that run of Achewood strips.

djSyndrome
07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I absolutely felt vindicated by that run of Achewood strips.

poetfox
07-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I feel like I should say something about this whole breast/ass debate, but am at a loss on what to say. The only serious girlfriend I ever had didn't really have much of either.

Peach
07-25-2007, 06:08 PM
I have morbid, or perhaps phallic obsession with any sort of large cloud, be it mushroom, funnel, of volcanic.

Schmidt
07-25-2007, 06:45 PM
I have morbid, or perhaps phallic obsession with any sort of large cloud, be it mushroom, funnel, of volcanic.
What about Strife?

Peach
07-25-2007, 06:52 PM
I'll let my doujinshi collection speak for me.

Schmidt
07-25-2007, 06:59 PM
Forget I asked!

philliam
07-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I'll let my doujinshi collection speak for me.

your avatar looks like its part of a doujinishi

Zef
07-25-2007, 07:24 PM
In that case, this "magnificent mushroom cloud in the sky" from Paranoia Agent should be Nirvana for you.

http://www.the-weaving.com/images/temp/paranoia_agent5.jpg

Jeanie
07-25-2007, 07:28 PM

Sorry. I didn't mean to offend. I type as I think, or in this case point as I'm on my Wii.

Like George Carlin says, tits doesn't sound like a bad word. It sounds kinda like a nickname. To me, breasts sounds too medical and boobs sounds too goofy.

JCDenton
07-25-2007, 07:47 PM
I agree with Tomm, the term is derogatory and gross, though the alternatives aren't great either. I think we just have to accept that there is no good word to designate that part of the anatomy.

shivam
07-25-2007, 07:48 PM
huh. i can think of far more offensive words than that, but connotative value of language is highly subjective.

philliam
07-25-2007, 07:56 PM
what about cocks? or dicks or one-eyed snake?

Tomm Guycot
07-25-2007, 09:24 PM
"Tits" sounds too much like part of an animal or an object.

If I'm talking about an attractive body part or something... I want to feel like it's attractive. Not disgusting.

philliam
07-25-2007, 09:36 PM
magnificent orbs

Savathun
07-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Compelling Orbs? (http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/quests/act3.shtml)

djSyndrome
07-25-2007, 09:58 PM
"Tits" sounds too much like part of an animal or an object.

If I'm talking about an attractive body part or something... I want to feel like it's attractive. Not disgusting.

It entirely depends on the context. IMHO, 'tits' is a bedroom word, and nothing that I'd ever expect to hear in public when discussing a woman (or speaking to one).