PDA

View Full Version : Ya know...

Evil Dead Junkie
07-02-2007, 08:57 PM
I watched Pulp Fiction as a movie for the first time in a long while. Not a cultural icon, not a stepping stone in Tarintino’s masterplan, not as the savior/destroyer of modern cinema. But a movie, a movie that is pretty good and pretty cool, and you know what? It was both cool and good. Amazing!

VsRobot
07-02-2007, 10:01 PM
I went a while when I couldn't divorce Tarantino, the self-aggrandizing media blowhard and Tarantino, the director who I fell in love with after Reservoir Dogs. I was a big fan of Reservoir Dogs and True Romance before Pulp Fiction was released, and I saw PF opening weekend.

However, I gradually fell out of love with his movies the more I saw him "act" in other movies (Destiny Turns on the Radio!) and the more he was in the media acting like a cocky jerk.

These days though, I'm back to enjoying his movies. Haven't seen Grindhouse yet, but I liked Kill Bill and I look forward to the rumored unrated "Whole Bloody Saga" DVD where the two movies will be cut back into a single film.

PS - True Romance is still my favorite Tarantino flick.

Excitemike
07-02-2007, 10:08 PM
Man, Kill Bill did not need to be two movies.

Pulp Fiction is a classic. It holds up really well, and it's pretty timeless.

Torgo
07-02-2007, 10:12 PM
I've only seen Kill Bill. Kinda corny ending, but besides that it was violent mindless fun. That being said, the best part is that the guy who played Hattori Hanzo, Sonny Chiba, played the hero Space Chief in MST fodder Invasion of the Neptune Men (http://imdb.com/title/tt0055562/).

Evil Dead Junkie
07-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Trust me Torgo Sonny Chiba is a whole lot of things aside from the commander in Invader of The Neptune men.

Brother Fought a Bull, and then a bear.

Torgo
07-02-2007, 10:25 PM
He'll always be Space Chief to me. (Never to be confused with the very similar Prince of Space).