PDA

View Full Version : Armored Core 4

Guy
06-03-2007, 08:59 PM
I'm getting a 360 with my next paycheck, and I'm sort of making a list of games to look for. I really liked Armored Core 2, so I was thinking of getting number 4 (HOW CAN YOU RESIST THOSE HOTT GRAFFIX). Thing is, most of the reviews I've read are really negative, but seem to be written by people who never actually liked Armored Core in the first place. So, is there a fan of the series who can testify on AC 4's behalf?

Vahn16
06-03-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm not an Armored Core fan, but from what I've read, it seems like AC4 is great for AC fans. The series has been getting mediocre reviews for a while, so the low scores aren't surprising.

If you remember, another game from the same developer, Chrome Hounds, also scored fairly low. It still ended up with a pretty hardcore following. So, you know, (cliched response) scores aren't everything.

Squall
06-03-2007, 10:08 PM
I was a huge AC fan through 1 & 2, and kinda held up through 3, but that was about it. Having only watched someone play through 4, it looked cool, but it was definitely a totally different direction than the other games.

PrimeStyle
06-03-2007, 10:26 PM
If you like customization this is like the forza of mechs, but the actual game isn't so great.

The missions seem to have variety but in the end if you want to get a good grade and rewards you just needs to rush fast to the main target and destroy it, makes the stages last for about 5 minutes or less. The graphics aren't impressive either everything feels so lifeless and all the colors are washed in gray tones. The menu's are really not user friendly, but if you like customization you can go really deep even in the paint jobs.

I had some fun but over all not really satisfied this isn't the cool next gen mech game I was hoping for.