PDA

View Full Version : What's happening to me?

alexb
07-11-2007, 12:22 AM
If you're squeamish, read no further. Turn back. Last chance. Okay. I just pulled some weird, fibrous thing out of my the underside of my jaw. What the hell? Seriously, what the hell!?

Savathun
07-11-2007, 12:26 AM
Maybe that's what that (http://www.gamespite.net/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=40) was.

I have no shame.

alexb
07-11-2007, 12:29 AM
Smaller than that. And it didn't move, thankfully. I was thinking a maybe splinter (maybe!), but how the hell would I get a splinter there? And ingrown hairs aren't that long. But it was definitely not a writhing worm-snake with needle-like fangs. This, at least, is certain. Otherwise, I'd have to douse myself in kerosene and self-immolate to kill the evil within me.

Savathun
07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Aw, when you mentioned squeamishness, I just assumed it would be some sort of parasite.

Oh, well. :( Never gonna know what that frightening wiggly thing was.

Mazian
07-11-2007, 12:33 AM
Okay. I just pulled some weird, fibrous thing out of my the underside of my jaw.
Hair?

Kishi
07-11-2007, 12:36 AM
That's just your wattle trying to come in, turkey.

Sarcasmorator
07-11-2007, 12:38 AM
There aren't many bits of yourself that it's great to just, uh, pull off.

djSyndrome
07-11-2007, 12:39 AM
As they say on the interwebs, pics or it didn't happen.

philliam
07-11-2007, 01:02 AM
show your docotor this forum post

alexb
07-11-2007, 01:13 AM
Doctor? Man, you think I'm made of money? Random conjecture from strangers on the internet is rich enough for my blood.

As for what it was, I don't know. Maybe it was some kind of parasite, but I don't think it was alive, at least not in the animal sense. Like, you know, some kind of plant-like creature, maybe? It was fibrous, you'll recall. It didn't move. Hair? Maybe, but I don't have a Taliban-class beard (or any beard at all), so there's no way my hair is long enough for that. So, maybe someone else's hair? But how would I explain that?

The fact remains: This thing was nearly an eighth of an inch long. And it was inside me. Under my skin. There was a hard spot that had been under my jaw for several days, and I pulled this thing out of it. It's gross. What if it was mouse stem cells? If I'm going to mutate, I hope it's going to give me powers and not just disfigure me.

Savathun
07-11-2007, 01:43 AM
If I'm going to mutate, I hope it's going to give me powers and not just disfigure me.

There's no reason why it can't do both!

Merus
07-11-2007, 02:19 AM
Doctor? Man, you think I'm made of money? Random conjecture from strangers on the internet is rich enough for my blood.

As for what it was, I don't know. Maybe it was some kind of parasite, but I don't think it was alive, at least not in the animal sense. Like, you know, some kind of plant-like creature, maybe? It was fibrous, you'll recall. It didn't move. Hair? Maybe, but I don't have a Taliban-class beard (or any beard at all), so there's no way my hair is long enough for that. So, maybe someone else's hair? But how would I explain that?

The fact remains: This thing was nearly an eighth of an inch long. And it was inside me. Under my skin. There was a hard spot that had been under my jaw for several days, and I pulled this thing out of it. It's gross. What if it was mouse stem cells? If I'm going to mutate, I hope it's going to give me powers and not just disfigure me.
I guess you're American, then?

Mr. Sensible
07-11-2007, 02:44 AM
This probably isn't the case since I imagine you would've thought of it already, but have you...maybe had stitches near that general area or something...?

nadia
07-11-2007, 10:49 AM
Looking at the title before reading this post, something else came to mind.

It's a perfectly natural and wonderful change. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MnZrySwmbo)

blitzchamp
07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Looking at the title before reading this post, something else came to mind.

It's a perfectly natural and wonderful change. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MnZrySwmbo)

O wow. It's been a long time since I've seen a video like that.

nadia
07-11-2007, 11:08 AM
It's amazing how much entertainment can be derived from the public domain. I can spend hours watching Protect and Survive (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WIl5BgpqZY) videos.

Calorie Mate
07-11-2007, 11:22 AM
You have cancer.

Sorry.

Balrog
07-11-2007, 11:27 AM
You're turning into a butterfly. Happens to the best of us.

Savathun
07-11-2007, 11:28 AM
You should really ask Philliam in the thread he has provided.

alexb
07-11-2007, 11:30 AM
Barring secret operations by aliens or the government, it couldn't be stitches. Could it? And Brandon, excellent idea.

Savathun
07-11-2007, 11:31 AM
Well, I was due.

Heck, overdue. God owes me fifty cents.

Coinspinner
07-11-2007, 11:40 AM
Rejected alien tracking implant? Put tinfoil on the floor around your bed and cover it with towels. It's the only way to be sure.

Savathun
07-11-2007, 11:43 AM
I remember reading this support site for alien abductions, and it suggested using incense while sleeping to keep aliens away, or also to command them to leave in the name of Jesus. You know, in case you don't have any incense.

alexb
07-11-2007, 11:47 AM
But they would know I was bluffing.