PDA

View Full Version : The Day the earth stood still

O..O~
07-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Trailer (http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/thedaytheearthstoodstill/)

Another remake that strains for a reason to exist (based on the trailer). The original was a comment on nuclear warfare. That issue is mostly not revelavant now so apparently this going to be about global warming! Hooray! Now what the fuck does global warming have to deal with intergalactic well being?

Hopes:
-They don't fuck with the design of Gort, who I still hold as one of the most iconic sci fi robot ever.
-Keanu Reeves cant really fuck up Klaatu, he was pretty much made for the role. Pretty much any character he plays comes across as soulless and cold.

Thoughts?

Ample Vigour
07-06-2008, 10:18 PM
It takes a hell of a movie to get me out to the theaters. This isn't one of those.

Balrog
07-06-2008, 10:41 PM
Klaatu Barada Nikto

Evil Dead Junkie
07-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Fuck. Fuck Fuckity Fuck.

That is all.

Seriously though when will Hollywood stop cannibalizing itself and come up with new shit. If we're not careful we're going to end up as irrelevent as the music industry in ten years. Hey fuckos what are you going to remake twenty years from now!!!

GODDAMN IT STOP RAPING YOUR GRANDMA'S CORPSE!!!

Issun
07-06-2008, 11:28 PM

This line must appear in a movie as soon as possible.

Dizzy
07-07-2008, 06:18 AM
-They don't fuck with the design of Gort, who I still hold as one of the most iconic sci fi robot ever.

Something tells me they will.

Nicholai
07-07-2008, 06:46 AM
Fuck. Fuck Fuckity Fuck.

That is all.

Seriously though when will Hollywood stop cannibalizing itself and come up with new shit. If we're not careful we're going to end up as irrelevent as the music industry in ten years. Hey fuckos what are you going to remake twenty years from now!!!

Hollywood has been cannibalizing itself for decades and before that it was remaking plays. I don't mind remakes of films as old as The Day the Earth Stood Still or of foreign films, though that doesn't mean I think the new one will be any good.

Red Hedgehog
07-07-2008, 10:08 AM
Klaatu Barada Nikto

mr_bungle700
07-07-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey fuckos what are you going to remake twenty years from now!!!

Meet the Spartans.

Wolfgang
07-07-2008, 02:52 PM
-They don't fuck with the design of Gort, who I still hold as one of the most iconic sci fi robot ever

Pure speculation, but I would not be surprised in the slightest if part of the pitch meeting for this was the statement that Gort "totally wrecks people's shit up" and is given retractible Wolverine claws.

Edit: having watched the trailer after the fact, and seeing that the wrecking up of shit is indeed on tap, I'm glad to see it at least wrecks it up real good.

Thinaran
07-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Fuck. Fuck Fuckity Fuck.
Also, the last global warming movie I saw was The Happening.