PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Movies: A Little More Conversation

Aquadeo
07-15-2008, 08:44 PM
My Dragon Boat team has unanimously decided that for next year's costumes, I should be Elvis Presley, and everyone else will dress to match. Now, the chance to be an Elvis Impersonator is a hard offer to turn down... and there was one more thing to sweeten the pot: I get to pick which version of Elvis. That's a spicy meatball, indeed.

So, I turn to the Talking Tyrants with two questions:

1. Which version of Elvis is the best? (Bubba Ho-Tep would be a valid choice, but it would be too much work explaining to my team why it's a good idea. Sorry.)

2. I've got to do some research for this. Which Elvis movies are worth seeing?

Savathun
07-15-2008, 08:47 PM
Roustabout.

Evil Dead Junkie
07-15-2008, 10:19 PM
" In Jailhouse Rock he was everything rockabilly's about. I mean, he is rockabilly. Mean, surly, nasty, rude. In that movie he couldn't give a fuck about nothing except rockin' and rollin', living fast, dying young and leaving a good-looking corpse. I always said, if I had to fuck a guy... I mean had to, if my life depended on it... I'd fuck Elvis. "

Thank you True Romance

SlimJimm
07-15-2008, 11:19 PM
My Dragon Boat team

What?

But I choose Other: Fat Died-on-toilet Elvis.

Ample Vigour
07-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Viva Las Vegas Elvis, complete with crash helmet.

DAMMIT DISREGARD MY VOTE

locit
07-16-2008, 12:35 AM
What?

But I choose Other: Fat Died-on-toilet Elvis.
Dragon boats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_boat)! They are fun to ride and to watch.

I saw the options and immediately assumed we were just picking favorites, not a costume for you to wear. I retract my black tie vote and cast it for a sequined jumpsuit.