PDA

View Full Version : Big Daddy's House

Brickroad
08-04-2008, 11:17 AM
God dammit, I missed it and forgot to set my DVR. I'm sure Food Network will be re-running it all week, but in the meantime, did any of you cats catch it?

For those who don't know, this is the new cooking show hosted by Aaron McCargo Jr., winner of The Next Food Network Star. I caught the second half of the season and from the very first episode I watched I knew Aaron was going to win. He's just a big lovable teddy bear, all smiles, not at all pretentious or snobbish like many of the other contestants.

I wouldn't even make this topic except that Talking Time seems to have an inexplicable higher-than-average interest in food and cooking than any other videogame forum anywhere*. If this degenerates into a more generic Food Network/cooking show topic, so be it.

*This, in turn, is the cause of my own sudden interest in food and cooking, and is also why I started watching Food Network in the first place. TALKING TIME CHANGED MY LIFE.

shivam
08-04-2008, 11:20 AM
i love food network to death, but i didnt get a chance to catch this show.
that said, iron chef curry battle!

Ample Vigour
08-04-2008, 11:21 AM
Obligatory Giada DeLaurentiis has prominent (happy, Shawn?) breasts post.

Also, Food Network immeasurably enriched my high school life with endless repeats of Iron Chef. For this I love them forever.

Wolfgang
08-04-2008, 11:23 AM
Obligatory Giada DeLaurentiis has big breasts post.

I wouldn't say they're big. They're okay, but not big.

ravinoff
08-04-2008, 11:27 AM
I just have to state that I think Alton Brown's Good Eats is one of the best things on TV.

Dizzy
08-04-2008, 11:30 AM
What was the name of that one old woman who did a cooking show for PBS? Why I say, it was one of the finest cooking shows of its day, dear boy, one of the finest cooking shows indeed.

Jeanie
08-04-2008, 11:37 AM
What was the name of that one old woman who did a cooking show for PBS? Why I say, it was one of the finest cooking shows of its day, dear boy, one of the finest cooking shows indeed.

Julia Child.

And, I uh, set my DVR to record Everday Italian. What can I say, Giada's in my top 3.

blitzchamp
08-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Also, Food Network immeasurably enriched my high school life with endless repeats of Iron Chef. For this I love them forever.

This. The American version failed to peak my interest as much, I think I like hearing Japanese voices followed by dubs, and the interesting judges they had on the Japanese Iron Chef.

Thinaran
08-04-2008, 04:18 PM
I thought this thread would be about another sequel to Martin Lawrence's Big Momma's House.

Dizzy
08-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I thought this thread would be about another sequel to Martin Lawrence's Big Momma's House.

I was thinking something Eddie Murphyish initially.