PDA

View Full Version : ¡Operación Mandril en español! (where available)

Kolbe
08-10-2008, 12:06 AM
So, a little more than a year ago, I started a comic-related, spanish-spoken blog with a friend with no serious intention of making anything serious of it. We invited two more friends to write (who ended up writing way more than me) and thus Operación Mandril (or Operation Mandrill if you like) was born. With zero promotion from our part and nothing else than our love for bitching about the things we like, the blog reached 1500+ hits a day in a year's time.

And now, to celebrate, we acquired our own domain and all that stuff and revamped the site, which you can visit here (http://www.operacionmandril.com/)!

The site's all in spanish, so if you wanna practice our lenguage (o eres muy versado en el idioma), we invite you to check it out. We got news, reviews, features and all that crap we're supposed to have. It is by no means anything special, but it's there.

Fun Fact: I don't read comics anymore. I started the site 'cause I wanted to read them again, but didn't know where or how to start. After reading what my friends had to write, I decided to stay away and stick to some 'graphic novels' and classic works. In Operación Mandril I mostly write about comic-related games and movies.

DemoWeasel
08-10-2008, 12:42 AM
stuff

Sounds interesting. I'll give it a click.

Kishi
08-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Years of inactivity have whittled my understanding of Spanish down to what the enemies yell in Resident Evil 4, so unless your opinion of the Iron Man Blu-ray is "Te voy a romper en pedazos!" I'm going to have sit this one out. More power to you, though.

Kolbe
08-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Years of inactivity have whittled my understanding of Spanish down to what the enemies yell in Resident Evil 4

Oh, that's the kind of talk we use to live as a society here, so that will do!

Merus
08-10-2008, 12:59 AM
And now I'm thinking of Resident Evil4, with the villagers lumbering towards you, ready to attack, and they're having conversations with each other, asking each other if they've got any flour they can borrow, and what they're planning to do tomorrow after they've cut up this guy and cooked and eaten his flesh.

mr_bungle700
08-10-2008, 07:16 AM
The site looks pretty classy, but my Spanish skills have completely withered since my school days.

Lois Lane muy sensual y Superman demasiado gay para 1941

I'm certain this means something dirty though.

mrbuu82
08-10-2008, 07:34 AM
"Lois Lane was very sexy and Superman was too gay for 1941."

Honestly, I will try to keep going to this site to brush up on my Spanish and comic book continuity.

Good luck with the site!

Pombar
08-10-2008, 08:03 AM
I used to read books in Spanish. Now I struggle to read newspapers. Such is the horrific effect of ignoring it for years. That, and trying to pick up other languages in the interim, anyway. Funfact: I went from a C to an A grade in my reading exams in the space of two months by playing Golden Sun solely in Spanish.

I'll give it a few clicks and wrack the battered remnants of my memories.