PDA

View Full Version : Namco Museum Virtual Arcade

djSyndrome
11-06-2008, 09:19 AM
In Parish's post I noticed he mentioned a little gem called Namco Museum Virtual Arcade for the XBox 360. This disc contains all nine of Namco's XBLA games, including the excellent Pac-Man C.E. and Galaga Legions, and is only $30.

EDIT - full game list (http://www.billingsgazette.net/h/blogs/arcade/?p=376). Pretty much a combination of 50th anniversary and the old Namco Museum. Still no Dragon Saber :(

Xbox Live Arcade titles (8) - Galaga Legions, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Mr. Driller Online, Pac-Man, Galaga, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Xevious, New Rally-X.

Library titles (25) - Baraduke, Bosconian, Dig Dug II, Dig Dug Arrangement, Dragon Buster, Dragon Spirit, Galaga ‘88, Galaga Arrangement, Galaxian, Grobda, King & Balloon, Mappy, Metro-Cross, Motos, Pac & Pal, Pac-Man Arrangement, Pac-Mania, Pole Position, Pole Position II, Rally-X, Rolling Thunder, Sky Kid, Sky Kid Deluxe, Super Pac-Man, The Tower of Druaga.

reibeatall
11-06-2008, 09:27 AM
I can't find a presser, but I do have access to all the images. This is the only one you need.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7832/druaga2ze3.jpg

MCBanjoMike
11-06-2008, 09:37 AM
In Parish's post I noticed he mentioned a little gem called Namco Museum Virtual Arcade for the XBox 360. This disc contains all nine of Namco's XBLA games, including the excellent Pac-Man C.E. and Galaga Legions, and is only $30.

EDIT - full game list (http://www.billingsgazette.net/h/blogs/arcade/?p=376). Pretty much a combination of 50th anniversary and the old Namco Museum. Still no Dragon Saber :(

Xbox Live Arcade titles (8) - Galaga Legions, Pac-Man Championship Edition, Mr. Driller Online, Pac-Man, Galaga, Ms. Pac-Man, Dig Dug, Xevious, New Rally-X.

Library titles (25) - Baraduke, Bosconian, Dig Dug II, Dig Dug Arrangement, Dragon Buster, Dragon Spirit, Galaga 88, Galaga Arrangement, Galaxian, Grobda, King & Balloon, Mappy, Metro-Cross, Motos, Pac & Pal, Pac-Man Arrangement, Pac-Mania, Pole Position, Pole Position II, Rally-X, Rolling Thunder, Sky Kid, Sky Kid Deluxe, Super Pac-Man, The Tower of Druaga.

As someone who has yet to get Pac-Man CR, this is kind of exciting!

ajr82
11-06-2008, 09:39 AM
If I had a 360 I'd definitely be considering this. Pac-Man CE and Galaga Legions both look great, and I've had my eye on the Namco Museum 50th disc for PS2 for awhile now.

As an aside, I realize it isn't a Namco game, but why can't I get Moon Patrol on any current retro compilations? That's a glaring oversight.

SilentSnake
11-06-2008, 09:47 AM
Holy cow, maybe someone will actually play Galaga Legions now!

ArugulaZ
11-06-2008, 09:54 AM
If I had a 360 I'd definitely be considering this. Pac-Man CE and Galaga Legions both look great, and I've had my eye on the Namco Museum 50th disc for PS2 for awhile now.

As an aside, I realize it isn't a Namco game, but why can't I get Moon Patrol on any current retro compilations? That's a glaring oversight.

Probably because Irem has no presence in the United States. I thought they'd gone bankrupt too, but I could be mistaken.

Excitemike
11-06-2008, 10:00 AM
Probably because Irem has no presence in the United States. I thought they'd gone bankrupt too, but I could be mistaken.

They've been releasing games on virtual console in the US, specifically: Super R-Type, Vigilante, Ninja Spirit and Legend of Hero Tonma.

djSyndrome
11-06-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't know who currently owns Moon Patrol's US copyright (it was initially released here by Williams), but the last time it was ported to a console was one of the Midway collections on the Dreamcast.

alexb
11-06-2008, 10:29 AM
This is a pretty nice deal, actually. Even if I do have most of these on other compilations, it has to load faster and look more faithful than the PS1 Museum versions, right?

djSyndrome
11-06-2008, 10:33 AM
This is a pretty nice deal, actually. Even if I do have most of these on other compilations, it has to load faster and look more faithful than the PS1 Museum versions, right?

Possibly. The big thing for me would be the configurable controls, which IIRC the 50th anniversary collection lacks.

Excitemike
11-06-2008, 10:34 AM
I love those PS1 Namco Museums. Even if the execution was clunky, the idea of a virtual game museum you can walk around in is fascinating.

Wolfgang
11-06-2008, 11:10 AM
a little gem called Namco Museum Virtual Arcade for the XBox 360.

:(:(:(:(:(

Wolfgang
11-06-2008, 11:11 AM
:(:(:(:(:(