PDA

View Full Version : Fallout 3

sraymonds
06-05-2007, 10:08 AM
The teaser trailer is supposed to drop sometime today, and I am pretty damn excited. How about y'all?

Has anyone tried the Van Buren tech demo? I have it somewhere on my computer, but I just haven't gotten around to installing it.

reibeatall
06-05-2007, 10:09 AM
I only briefly played the first two. I'd love to try them again, though. This one... I'm not so sure about. I don't have much faith in Bethesda after Oblivion.

Jeanie
06-05-2007, 10:20 AM
Well, I'm downloading the teaser trailer right now. Here's hoping. Besides, it can't be any worse than BOS for the PS2 and Xbox can it?

sraymonds
06-05-2007, 10:33 AM
1. Oblivion is awesome.

2. The site isn't work for me right now. Too many people downloading the teaser probably.

3. I'm at work.

reibeatall
06-05-2007, 10:35 AM
1. Oblivion is awesome.

No, Morrowind was awesome. Oblivion was broken.

sraymonds
06-05-2007, 10:39 AM
I can't stand Morrowind, though the thought of playing as a werewolf did intrigue me. I couldn't get there though, because that would require playing more of the game than I wanted to.

reibeatall
06-05-2007, 10:45 AM
All Morrowind vs. Oblivion talk aside...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clips/fallout-3-trailer-266093.php?autoplay=true

Trailer doesn't look to bad. Doesn't show me a damn bit about the game, though. Think they'll "re-imagine" it so it's first person?

marcalan
06-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Wow, I like that trailer. Yeah, no gameplay info, but the fact that A) They had Ron Perlman and B) That was a member of the Brotherhood of Steel at the end, make me a happy geek.

JCDenton
06-05-2007, 11:40 AM
I don't know all that much about the series, other than it gets a lot of love from PC gamers, but the trailer intrigued me. I think I might have to track down copies of the first two.

poetfox
06-05-2007, 11:41 AM
No, Morrowind was awesome. Oblivion was broken.
If we should make another thread, we can, but seriously, what? If being able to get to the quests I want to do without hours of pointless walking is wrong, I don't wanna be right.
I'm grabbing a super-high quality version of the Fallout trailer right now from the boyfriend... we'll see what's up with it. He said it was promising.

Torgo
06-05-2007, 11:45 AM
Stop talking about Oblivion guys. You're making my lack of a 360 all the more painful. =(

Oh, Fallout? Yeah, I tried the first game once. I wanted to tear my hair out after about ten minutes.

Yeah, yeah, I know. WHAT.

Coinspinner
06-05-2007, 01:20 PM
Stop talking about Oblivion guys. You're making my lack of a 360 all the more painful. =(

Oh, Fallout? Yeah, I tried the first game once. I wanted to tear my hair out after about ten minutes.

Yeah, yeah, I know. WHAT.

I never liked Fallout either, but I could sympathize with all the fans who thought (still think?) Bethesda will ruin their game. Yet I think I'd still like "Oblivion with guns" more than a "real" Fallout 3.

sraymonds
06-05-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm a PC Oblivion guy, so I wish I had an XBox 360 also.

poetfox
06-05-2007, 01:26 PM
I never liked Fallout either, but I could sympathize with all the fans who thought (still think?) Bethesda will ruin their game. Yet I think I'd still like "Oblivion with guns" more than a "real" Fallout 3.
I honestly would like both, but I do hope that they keep close to the original, if just to keep the rabid fans happy, since the boyfriend is one. If anyone could do a compelling "Oblivion with Guns in Fallout's setting" it would, of course, be Betheseda, though.
So I watched the little preview trailer, and learned how quickly I clicked through the opening cutscenes of the other two games, because I didn't remember the line at the end and thought it meant the plot of the game was about a war.

Vahn16
06-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Is Bethesda going to be at min-E3? If they are, hopefully they'll talk about how the game actually plays.

Jakanden
06-05-2007, 03:06 PM
I played Fallout only for a couple of hours but I couldn't really get into it. This is no fault of the game, rather the fact that I am not a big fan of the Isometric western-style style RPG's (Fallout, Baldur's Gate, Planescape, etc..), although I generally do like the stories in them.

Red Hedgehog
06-05-2007, 03:44 PM
I loved the first Fallout game. It was amazing in attitude, story, and gameplay. I found it a better western RPG than the first Baldur's Gate and an amazing spiritual successor to Wasteland. I couldn't get into the second game as much, though. For whatever reason, it didn't appeal to me in quite the same way. I should be back to it at some point.

When I first hear that Bethesda was doing Fallout 3, I was excited because I had heard good things about the elder scrolls series. After that wore off, I became a little more wary that they would be able to do justice to the world. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Guy
06-05-2007, 10:48 PM
I'd love to be excited about Fallout 3, but I've never played either of the first two. Since they don't appear to be available for sale anywhere, would anyone happen to have any tips on their availability... free-wise?

admozan
06-05-2007, 10:52 PM
I had a blast playing the Fallout games years ago and still have a bunch of old saved games on my hard drive. I picked up Fallout Tactics awhile back but never really got started on it. Anybody play that one?

admozan
06-06-2007, 01:44 AM
Since they don't appear to be available for sale anywhere, would anyone happen to have any tips on their availability...

Hm...the Fry's near me sells a Fallout combo pack with 1, 2 and Tactics on a DVD-ROM, and I think it's about $20. Amazon.com lists multiple used copies for less than that.