PDA

View Full Version : Bomberman '93 or Bomberman Blast?

Ingmar Bergman
11-21-2008, 12:38 PM
I'm lookin' for some good Bomberman for my Wii. Which should I get?

Excitemike
11-21-2008, 12:40 PM
Blast has no single player mode, but who needs one? If you have friends to play with that's the way to go. Online mode is ok, but expect to do a lot of waiting between rounds.

Sven
11-21-2008, 02:18 PM
My goddaughter bought Blast last weekend and I was surprised how well it played. Give it the Retro Roundup Worth it, I'd say.

Bergasa
11-21-2008, 03:49 PM
I downloaded '93 in the day, and it has served me well, but if I had the choice today, I would go for Blast. '93 is fine and well, but the emulation is spotty (TG-16 games all look sort of blurry, and that specific game has screwed up a few times on me). Blast runs in widescreen, and can use Miis, so it's pretty much better in every way.

djSyndrome
11-21-2008, 03:50 PM
and can use Miis

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A SPY IN OUR MIDST.

Bergasa
11-21-2008, 03:53 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE A SPY IN OUR MIDST.

!

(Metal Gear sound to accompany that)

Octopus Prime
11-21-2008, 04:00 PM
!

(Metal Gear sound to accompany that)

You didn't need to say that for me to hear it.

Mak
11-21-2008, 06:59 PM
If you just want to play local Bomberman with about 5 friends, I just recommend Bomberman '93. The stages are tighter, the game plays faster, and its quick to get games started.

The online play of Bomberman Blast is slow, with a lot of waiting between games to get started. You join a game, wait, choose the game type, the game votes, choose the stage, the game votes, then start once everyone is connected. After 2 game rounds you get bumped back to the selection screen where everyone votes again, not unlike Mario Kart but slower because of all the menus.

I found Anyone matches too hetic because of the additional items, and that the items bounce around when hit instead of being destroyed. If you're playing a friend match or a local offline match, there's plenty of options to adjust so a custom game would be better. Online also lagged for me with 8 players at times. I would have rather have seen customizable Bomberman like the Xbox version and Bomberman 64 rather than Miis.

Having both Bomberman '93 and Bomberman Blast, I wish I had just saved the $10, since I didn't care for the online mode and don't usually have more than 5 friends for Bomberman anyways. There's something about the simplicity and speed of the original 2-D Bomberman games that the new ones don't have for me.