PDA

View Full Version : Endless Ocean

Sanagi
12-02-2008, 12:59 AM
It's undoubtedly a hit in the "games that your girlfriend will play with you" genre. But I enjoy it for its own merits, too. Nonlinear exploration is always great, and the graphics make the Wii seem like it might not be so last-gen after all.

Fans or not, we can probably all agree that the "you are leaving the dive area" thing sucks, and the soundtrack needs a playlist option.

In a way it reminds me of Pikmin, in that has some structural flaws holding back its greatness. Hopefully the sequel will fix those few problems.

More comparisons - This is the sort of game I always wanted Pilotwings 64 to be. Wind Waker would've benefited from some of this flavor, too.

ajr82
12-02-2008, 07:21 AM
I was planning on buying this, but then they announced EO2 so I decided to hold off. I was also considering getting Aquanaut's Holiday instead if I got a PS3 (for the HD goodness), but since I've decided that's not in the cards I'll stick to EO2 when it comes out.

Andrew
12-02-2008, 07:40 AM
I've been playing it in bits and bites, and it's really cool. Sadly, I can't copy the save, so if I sell my Wii I'll have to start from the beginning later. I'm ok with that tho, really.

Balrog
12-02-2008, 08:19 AM
I played this for a while but I got sidetracked by better games. I'd really like to play that Sea Monsters game which is supposed to be like this game, sorta.

Dadgum Roi
12-02-2008, 08:46 AM
I love this game. I'm eager to hear what they have planned for the sequel, but obviously a multiple song tracklist for a single dive and the removal of the invisible cordon should be at the top of the list.