PDA

View Full Version : iPhone/iPod Touch Games Worth A Look

poetfox
12-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Heyhey. I know there are people out there with iPhones, or iPod Touches like myself, and I know there are games on them, and hell, even some have multiplayer. Are there any ones I should be looking at? I keep looking all around for some good place to tell me this kind of thing, and completely failing, so I turn to you, Talking Time.

If nothing else, though, I have a suggestion for you all. I find myself playing this (http://www.aurorafeint.com) every time I have a spare moment and my Ipod about, which is mostly all the time in between classes and all kinds of times. The Beginning is a really great and free Tetris Attack clone, and I've been enjoying myself quite a bit. As such, when they came out with part two, for $8, I did my part and bought it, since I've gotten all kinds of enjoyment out of the free game, and felt they deserved money.
What I want to know, though, is if anyone else is playing Beginning or The Arena? If you paid the money, awesome and I would like to fight you, but if not, care to party up? I believe I can party with people who just have the free version. I have yet to understand exactly what that does, and I would like to figure it out, honestly.

On an additional note, I also keep looking about for information on this 1112 (http://www.1112game.com) thing, as an episodic adventure game is something I can almost always get behind, but I haven't heard a whole lot about it.

Okay, that was about three separate things, but hey, that's how my brain works. Thoughts?

Tomm Guycot
12-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Quordy

SpecBebop
12-05-2008, 07:14 PM
Rogue was just released the other day, and it's free. You can't argue with free.

wumpwoast
12-05-2008, 07:26 PM
A fellow I know wrote an iPhone game called Trism. If I had an iPhone it would be the first game I'd pick up -- combine tilt-sensing for reorienting gravity, color matching a la Bejewelled, a deep scoring system, and a full-featured puzzle mode and worldwide achievements list.

To me that sounds like $5 well spent. But I won't put $500 on an iPhone so -- so it goes :)

daroga
12-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm still sour on Apple charging early iPod Touch adopters for the store-enabled firmware. Is it worth the $10?

dussssstin
12-05-2008, 10:24 PM
i play knots when i'm on the toilet. It helps.