PDA

View Full Version : Let's Play: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind: Game of the Year Edition: Right Now

Adrenaline
12-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Okay, Morrowind. I’m still fairly new to this game, but I’ve played a ton of Oblivion and pretty much get how The Elder Scrolls system works. If you literally know nothing about the series, it’s an RPG all about choice. You can build your character’s strength and weaknesses basically from the ground up, and after a quick tutorial, you’re given a world to explore at your own pace. There’s enough structure to avoid getting lost, as you’ll almost never find yourself without a quest, but you can ignore them and wander around if you want. The story can seem a bit shallow on the surface, but if you dig by reading books or asking a lot of questions, you’ll find an insane amount of depth and history to what’s going on around you.

I used a fair amount of mods with Oblivion, but besides the expansions I haven’t added anything to change the original Morrowind in any way, partially because I’m not sure what needs fixing and partially because it’s pretty normal for me to accept a less than perfect experience for no real reason. Let’s just say it’s authentic this way. Before we get started, some basics on the math behind everything in the game. Our character is built on Attributes, which are used to determine our Derived Attributes and govern the different Skills. You can ask for any more specific information about anything.

Attributes: These all affect how we perform at various activities, and are increased by using the different Skills they govern. If damaged, they can only be restored with potions, spells, or scrolls.

Agility – Chance to hit enemies and dodge their attacks; use Acrobatics, Block, Security, Sneak.
Endurance – Helps with the Derived Attributes Health and Fatigue.
Intelligence – Determines amount of Magicka.
Personality – How much people like us, and how well we can deal with them.
Speed – Determines how quickly we move.
Strength – How much damage we do, helps with Health, Fatigue, and Encumbrance.
Willpower – Determines our ability to cast all spells and resist some, and helps our Fatigue.
Luck – Affects our chance to successfully do anything that can be screwed up, no effect on loot.

Derived Attributes: These are the main stats we’ll keep track of during the game, with their totals based on our Attributes. Fatigue can be restored by waiting, and along with Health and Magicka can be restored by resting in a bed or anywhere away from towns. They can all be restored by potions, spells, or scrolls.

Health (To not die) – Initially: (End+Str)/2; Upon level up: +End/10
Magicka (For casting spells) – Int
Fatigue (Drains when running and performing strenuous actions, when low most activities are more difficult) – Agi+End+Str+Wil
Encumbrance (Max weight you can carry) – Str*5

Skills: Listed by the Attribute that governs them.

Agi – Governs Block, Light Armor, Marksman, and Sneak.
End – Governs Heavy Armor, Medium Armor, and Spear.
Int – Governs Alchemy, Conjuration, Enchant, and Security.
Per – Governs Illusion, Mercantile, and Speechcraft.
Spe – Governs Athletics, Hand-to-hand, Short Blade, and Unarmored.
Str – Governs Acrobatics, Armorer, Axe, Blunt Weapon, and Long Blade.
Wil – Governs Alteration, Destruction, Mysticism, and Restoration.
Luck - Governs nothing.

Besides the obvious ones:
Acr – Ability to jump high and fall without taking damage.
Alc – Mixing our own potions with magic ingredients.
Alt – Various spells, usually improving our ability to move around the world.
Ath – Speed moving through the world.
Arm – Repairing armor and weapons.
Con – Spells to summon creatures and equipment temporarily.
Des – Offensive spells, including elemental attacks and Attribute damage.
Enc – Creating and recharging magic items.
Ill – Spells including affecting the mind and body of others and protecting ourself
Mys – Variety of magic like absorbing Attributes, teleporting, and trapping souls for enchantments.
Res – Spells to cure and resist bad effects, and fortify or restore stats.
Sec – Picking locks.

This character will be our collective creation. Here is what I need your input on, just make a post with your choice in each category.

Name:

Race: Listed with recommended Specialization. Second line is starting Attributes which are listed for males. Starting Luck is always 40. Third line is Skill bonuses. Fourth line is resistances: Fire, Frost, Poison, Shock, Magicka (generic), and Disease. 100 would mean immunity to that effect. Fifth line is special powers/spells/abilities. Powers are once a day, spells use up Magicka.

Altmer (High Elf) – Magic
Agi 40, End 40, Int 50, Per 40, Spe 30, Str 30, Wil 40
Alc, Des, Enc +10; Alt, Con, Ill +5
Dis +75; Fro, Sho -25; Fir, Mag -50
150% more Magicka

Argonian (Lizard) – Any
Agi 50, End 30, Int 40, Per 30, Spe 50, Str 40, Wil 30
Ath +15; Alc, Ill, Med, Mys, Spr, Una +5
Poi +100; Dis +75
Spell for two minutes of water breathing

Bosmer (Wood Elf) – Stealth
Agi 50, End 30, Int 40, Per 40, Spe 50, Str 30, Wil 30
Mar +15; Lig, Sne +10; Acr, Alc +5
Dis +75
Power to command a normal creature up to level 5 for 10 minutes

Breton (Human) – Magic
Agi 30, End 30, Int 50, Per 40, Spe 30, Str 40, Wil 50
Con, Mys, Res +10; Alc, Alt, Ill +5;
Mag +50
Power to improve Armor rating 50 points for one minute

Dunmer (Dark Elf) - Any
Agi 40, End 40, Int 40, Per 30, Spe 50, Str 40, Wil 30
Des, Sho +10; Ath, Lig, Lon, Mar, Mys +5
Fir +75
Power to improve chance of Dodging 50 points for one minute

Imperial (Human) – Stealth
Agi 30, End 40, Int 40, Per 50, Spe 40, Str 40, Wil 30
Lon, Mer, Spe +10; Blu, Han, Lig +5
None
Powers to absorb 200 points of target’s Fatigue and improve target’s Disposition 25-50 points for 15 seconds

Khajiit (Cat) – Stealth
Agi 50, End 30, Int 40, Per 40, Spe 40, Str 40, Wil 30
Acr +15; Ath, Han, Lig, Sec, Sho, Sne +5;
None
Power to demoralize target for 30 seconds and spell to see in the dark 50 points better for 30 seconds

Nord (Human) – Combat
Agi 30, End 50, Int 30, Per 30, Spe 40, Str 50, Wil 40
Axe, Blu, Med +10; Hea, Lon, Spr +5
Fro +100; Sho +50
Powers to do 25 points of frost damage and improve Armor rating 30 points for one minute

Orc – Combat
Agi 35, End 50, Int 30, Per 30, Spe 30, Str 45, Wil 50
Arm, Blo, Hea, Med +10; Axe +5
Mag +25
Power to raise Health 20 pts, Fatigue 200 pts, Attack 100 pts and lower Agi 100 pts for one minute

Redguard (Human) – Combat
Agi 40, End 50, Int 30, Per 30, Spe 40, Str 50, Wil 30
Lon +15; Ath, Axe, Blu, Hea, Med, Sho +5
Poi, Dis +75
Power to raise Agi, End, Spe, Str 50 points and Health 25 points for one minute

Gender: This will make a slight difference in a few quests and also affect Attributes. The list is the change for females of each race.

Agi - Argonian -10
End - Khajiit +10; Altmer, Dunmer, Nord -10
Int - Argonian, Orc +10
Per - Dunmer, Redguard +10; Orc -5
Spe - Altmer, Breton +10; Argonian, Imperial -10
Str - Breton, Khajiit, Redguard -10
Wil - Argonian, Imperial, Nord +10; Orc -5

Birthsign: We get one, and it’s basically another source of special bonuses like the racial ones.

Apprentice – Mag -50; 150% more Magicka
Atronach – 200% more Magicka and 50% chance of absorbing spells and converting them to Magicka, but it doesn’t restore during rest
Lady – End, Per +25
Lord – Fir -100; Spell to restore Health 2 points per second for 30 seconds
Lover – Agi +25; Power to paralyze target for one minute and lower our max Fatigue 200 points
Mage – 50% more Magicka
Ritual – Power to restore 100 Health and spells to turn undead for 30 seconds
Serpent – Spell to poison target 3 points but decrease our max Health by 1 for 30 seconds
Shadow – Power to make us invisible for one minute
Steed – Spe +25
Thief – Dodge chance +10
Tower – Power to open a lock up to level 50 and spell to detect animals, enchantments, and keys up to 200 feet away for one minute
Warrior – Attack +10

Class: This will take a bit of time to figure out. There’s three ways to determine Class: Make our own by choosing a Specialization, Favored Attributes, and Major and Minor Skills; pick a pre-made class from a list; or take a multiple-choice quiz and the game will select a pre-made one based on our answers. The latter two are easier, the first allows for more customization. Make a choice of method and Specialization and we’ll go from there. This is the stuff that’s important to the class.

Specialization: Combat, Magic, or Stealth. The specialization we choose will give us a 5 point bonus in each of the Skills it covers and also allow them to increase with 80% of the standard experience.

Combat – Arm, Ath, Axe, Blo, Blu, Hea, Lon, Med, Spr +5
Magic – Alc, Alt, Con, Des, Enc, Ill, Mys, Res, Una +5
Stealth – Acr, Han, Lig, Mar, Mer, Sec, Sho, Sne, Spe +5

Favored Attributes: We get a +10 bonus in two of the eight Attributes.

Major/Minor Skills: 5 of each. All Skills start at 5 before any bonuses and require 125% of standard experience to increase except for these. Your five Minor Skills start at 15, and your five Major Skills start at 30 and require only 75% of standard experience to increase.

I hope all this info isn't overwhelming. Race, Gender, and Birthsign should all play into the kind of Class we want. To sum up: pick a Name, Race, Gender, Birthsign, Class Specialization, and method for picking the rest of the Class. Then we’ll hammer out the class and the character’s goals. Then we can actually get started!

SpoonyGundam
12-21-2008, 12:34 AM
I have a pretty simple philosophy I like to follow with videogames.

If given an option to play as a lizard man, I will play as a lizard man.

So, be an Argonian.

The other stuff doesn't concern me overly much.

Bongo Bill
12-21-2008, 01:11 AM
Be an alchemist. Abuse intelligence potions.

The Dread Cthulhu
12-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Excellent. I'm actually playing through this now, so this should be fun.

I suggest a magician. So;

Altmer
Male
Tower (Always play as that, makes low Security less of a bother)
Magic
Those questions would be impossible to get a straight answer on. So, I'd say pick a class. Fair amount of choice without being completely overwhelming.

Octopus Prime
12-21-2008, 02:17 AM
I've noticed that Argonian's look less horrific then every other race.

So be one of them.

PapillonReel
12-21-2008, 08:29 AM
I have a pretty simple philosophy I like to follow with videogames.

If given an option to play as a lizard man, I will play as a lizard man.

So, be an Argonian.

The other stuff doesn't concern me overly much.

Be an alchemist. Abuse intelligence potions.

These two guys covered my vote before I even got here. So, yeah.

Also: Born under the shadow so we get invisibility. Just like this text!

O..O~
12-21-2008, 08:59 AM
When I first played that and found that there were 3 different human type races, I knew I had under estimated the gameplay of the game and I was fucked. No way I was going to understand it.

Knight
12-21-2008, 09:47 AM
Dunmer male. Shadow birthsign. Specializing in Stealth.

Favored Attributes: Strength & Agility.

Major skills: Long Blade, Light Armor, Security, Alchemy & Sneak.

Minor skills:, Restoration, Enchant, Mysticism, Acrobatics & Athletics.

Adrenaline
12-21-2008, 11:55 AM
While we wait for more input, here's the intro video that someone put on Youtube. It gives a taste of the main storyline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5I9e_6X35w&feature=related

Stiv
12-21-2008, 01:04 PM
But will your LP be as awesome as the 7-minute speedrun? (http://speeddemosarchive.com/Morrowind.html) Only time will tell.

PS: Lizardman.

Malefor
12-21-2008, 02:45 PM
You must be a lizard!

I don't care about the other stuff, aside from the fact that you shouldn't pick Atronach as your birth sign, because... well, because.

The Dread Cthulhu
12-21-2008, 02:51 PM
Also, call yourself Nerevar. Just to confuse everybody.

Brer
12-21-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm going to put in a request for "Breton" just because, and a pure magic build, just because I've never had anything but pain trying to get pure magic-users off the ground in elder scrolls games and I want to share the love.

Traumadore
12-21-2008, 09:47 PM
I say a Lizardman is cool by me, except brace for some hardcore discrimination. Luckily that means you don't have to worry about personality. Not like you ever have to buy anything anyway!

The Sign should be the tower, because there are a million fun little boxes and rooms to get into and this makes it alot easier to, say, steal a set of glass armor at the mountain gate.

The only downside is you can't wear boots or most helmets I think. We'll manage!

The Dread Cthulhu
12-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah, Argonians and Khajiits can't wear boots or helmets. Apparently it's because of the strange shape of their heads and feet.

Also, pretty much any race guarantees you discrimination. For the beginning, at least.

Adrenaline
12-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Okay, looks like we're going to be a Magic-specializing Argonian named Nerevar. I hope you guys don't mine if I make it a female for the bonuses in Int and Wil, which are important for spellcasters. I'll break the tie on Birthsign by picking the Tower, and method by picking from a list. Here are the choices of Magic-based classes:

Battlemage
Attributes: Int, Str
Major Skills: Alt, Axe, Con, Des, Hea
Minor Skills: Alc, Enc, Lon, Mar, Mys

Healer
Attributes: Per, Wil
Major Skills: Alt, Han, Mys, Res, Spe
Minor Skills: Alc, Blu, Ill, Lig, Una

Mage
Attributes: Int, Wil
Major Skills: Alt, Ill, Des, Mys, Res
Minor Skills: Alc, Con, Enc, Sho, Una

Nightblade
Attributes: Wil, Spe
Major Skills: Alt, Ill, Mys, Sho, Sne
Minor Skills: Des, Lig, Mar, Sec, Una

Sorcerer
Attributes: End, Int
Major Skills: Alt, Con, Des, Enc, Mys
Minor Skills: Ill, Hea, Mar, Med, Sho

Spellsword
Attributes: End, Wil
Major Skills: Alt, Blo, Des, Lon, Res
Minor Skills: Alc, Axe, Blu, Enc, Med

Witchhunter
Attributes: Agi, Int
Major Skills: Alc, Con, Enc, Lig, Mar
Minor Skills: Blo, Blu, Mys, Sne, Una

Healer, Mage, Nightblade, and Witchhunter have Unarmored as a Minor Skill, which would be useful with the inability to wear helmets and boots as an Argonian. Battlemage, Nightblade, and Witchhunter's Favored Attributes are both at least 40 with a female Argonian.

I would recommend either Nightblade or Witchhunter, whichever skill set seems more interesting to you, although you can vote for any class you want.

shivam
12-22-2008, 12:30 PM
and the race for longest let's play ever is joined!

PapillonReel
12-22-2008, 12:36 PM
Spellsword!

Octopus Prime
12-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Oh come on, make a custom class.

Make this the longest LP before you even start playing.

Adrenaline
12-22-2008, 12:39 PM
OK, how about, if anyone has an idea for a custom class, they can post it, but pre-made selections are also acceptable.

Traumadore
12-22-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm gonna vote for witchhunter since alchemy will definitely come in handy. I would also like to say I would be tickled if you did the pilgrimmage stuff. I was never able to because my weak ass guy would get eaten my monsters pretty often.

Also, are we playing the PC version or the Xbox version? Because you don't want to have to micromanage a spellcaster on a console...

The Dread Cthulhu
12-22-2008, 01:09 PM
You do not want to be switching between melee and magic. I'd say Nightblade. While sticking to Destruction magic as much as possible.

I'll be interested to see you take on Sneak. I never really got the hang of that, even if I was playing as a stealth character.

Adrenaline
12-22-2008, 01:28 PM
PC version.

Knight
12-22-2008, 01:46 PM
I loved playing stealth characters, although it's a wash once you can make a set of clothes with 100% chameleon. Also, I think spells don't get the bonus damage from sneaking though.

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Come on folks, I need a little more input than this. Another question, which Main Quest would you like me to tackle? I figure the Let’s Play will end upon completing the quest we choose, unless something pretty compelling makes it seem worth continuing. Note that I probably won’t travel to the main location for either expansion until I get up to a decent level in the normal game.

Morrowind – Dagoth Ur, ruler of House Dagoth and betrayer of the Tribunal, is rising once again, and you are somehow connected to him by fate. This is what I’m working on with my existing character but I don’t mind going after it again.
Tribunal – Attacks by the Dark Brotherhood draw you to Mournhold, Morrowind’s capital, where something big is happening. This technically takes place after Morrowind’s plot, but is playable without actually seeing that through first.
Bloodmoon – You travel to the island of Solstheim to deal with werewolves and other threats tied to a Daedra Lord. Unlike Tribunal, this is unconnected to Morrowind’s story and will make sense without having played it first.

Octopus Prime
12-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Werewolves are scary! You better kill them!

ChefCthulhu
12-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Orc Mage with the Shadow birthsign killing the werewolves using the power of the prismatic ray....

Gredlen
12-23-2008, 12:44 PM
Bloodmoon is the only one I never finished, so I am alright with that.
Also Nightblade, I guess.

Knight
12-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Witch Hunter sounds cooler. Burn the witch!

SpoonyGundam
12-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Can you become a werewolf in this?

A lizardman werewolf?

Gredlen
12-23-2008, 01:07 PM
Can you become a werewolf in this?

A lizardman werewolf?

Yes.

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 01:15 PM
I am cool with the ultimate goal of becoming a lizardman werewolf.

liquidben
12-23-2008, 01:23 PM
I've never done Tribunal or Bloodmoon, so I'll throw in with Octo and vote for Aunt Flo.

As for choosing a class, I've always done customs, but can't recall a damned thing. It'd take too long to sort out in here, unless someone goes and copy/pastes something from GameFAQs, which is totally not in the self-destructive (http://www.toastyfrog.com/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=4408) spirit (http://www.toastyfrog.com/talkingtime/showthread.php?t=6932) that makes these so much fun!

So anyway, I'll throw my vote in to add weight to witchhunter. Let's making fun!

ChefCthulhu
12-23-2008, 01:55 PM
I know for the class do the random questions. Post the question to the boards here first response is the one you pick then do the same for the next question. Again first response posted is the answer you use...

Get some really random class.

PapillonReel
12-23-2008, 01:57 PM
Would it be possible to combine class suggestions?

If so, I'd like to suggest Witchblade.

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 02:19 PM
What aspects do you want from both?

PapillonReel
12-23-2008, 02:55 PM
What aspects do you want from both?

Hmm... let's do this mathematically. Counting - from both Nightblade and Witchhunter - major skills as 2 points and minor skills as 1, the following outcome comes to:

Major Skills: Des | Lig | Mar | Mys | Sne
Minor Skills: Alt | Alc | Con | Enc | Ill

...With Sne and Una cropped out from the minors to cut space.

That good?

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 03:18 PM
What I got was Lig, Mar, Mys, and Sne as definite Majors and Alc, Alt, Con, Enc, Ill, Sho, and Una as potential Major/Minors. Without Des, that would make this more of a sneaky character that uses magic to help a lot.

PapillonReel
12-23-2008, 03:33 PM
What I got was Lig, Mar, Mys, and Sne as definite Majors and Alc, Alt, Con, Enc, Ill, Sho, and Una as potential Major/Minors. Without Des, that would make this more of a sneaky character that uses magic to help a lot.

Ahh, right. I think I know where I got my wires crossed - I must've looked at Spellsword midway by mistake. Anyway, you can go with that, with Alchemy as the fifth major since it got a lot of votes earlier in the thread.

...Well, provided no one else objects / suggests something else, of course.

Knight
12-23-2008, 03:35 PM
I'd at least take Sho, a sneaky magic wielding character sounds cool.

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 03:42 PM
I want to keep Una too because of the Argonian thing. It's not a bad idea to be skilled in multiple kinds of armor or weaponry. I want to keep Alt for opening locks and Ill for stuff like Chameleon, both compliment the stealth thing nicely. That leaves Con and Enc as the potential last Minor Skill.

Major: Alc, Lig, Mar, Mys, Sne
Minor: Alt, Ill, Sho, Una

The suggestion box is still open, but I think this is a pretty cool idea.

Bongo Bill
12-23-2008, 03:46 PM
I hope that reading this LP will allow me to discover exactly how to effectively level up in The Elder Scrolls games.

PapillonReel
12-23-2008, 03:46 PM
Let's go with Enc then - what's a stealthy mage without magic items?

liquidben
12-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Let's go with Enc then - what's a stealthy mage without magic items?

Unable to cash in on the best way to cast magic in Morrowind, that's what!

PapillonReel
12-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Unable to cash in on the best way to cast magic in Morrowind, that's what!

Well then, I guess Con Enc it is!

liquidben
12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Hmm, dunno whether you misunderstood me, or didn't want to use what's feasibly an in-game-mechanic 'cheat' for the magic system. If I'm remembering my Elder Scrolls games correctly: In Morrowind, your magicka only recharges during rest or by quaffing potions, meaning that you could burn out during battles easily. Meanwhile, enchanted items can cast spells and then recharge on the fly while you're hoofing aboot, resulting in less downtime. (Unless you don't find it dissonant to take a nap on the floor next to Dagoth Ur before chatting him up)

Anyway, in what could be seen as a reaction to this, Oblivion featured an inversion, where magicka recharges on the fly, like the Halo shield mechanic. Enchanted items in 'bliv don't recharge, and instead require more souullllls

PapillonReel
12-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Hmm, dunno whether you misunderstood me, or didn't want to use what's feasibly an in-game-mechanic 'cheat' for the magic system.

Go with misunderstood - I haven't played an Elder Scrolls game before, so this is all new to me. :/

So Enc's awesome judging by what you're saying, as it means easily-rechargable magic, correct? Should we go with that then?

liquidben
12-23-2008, 04:09 PM
I'd like it, as it also affects recharge rate... but it's pretty much impossible to make a completely unplayable character unless you choose hand-to-hand and unarmored as your only options ;)

PapillonReel
12-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Hmm... if you say it's good, I'll trust you on it since you know more about this than I do. ;P Right then, I'll put my vote towards Enc (again) as well.

Knight
12-23-2008, 04:16 PM
Yea, Enc is the way to go. Since he's playing the GOTY edition, they already patched the bug where you can conjure up a really good item, drop it, let the conjuration timer expire, and pick it up again. Congratulations! You just created an indestructible and weightless version of whatever item you conjured. It's an easy way to get outfitted with a full set of Daedric gear.

liquidben
12-23-2008, 04:32 PM
*fidgits uncomfortably* Just saying that if maybe you were looking to twink stats perhaps you might find yourself interested in the sign of the Lady since that's +50 points, but of course that might be OCD and/or min-maxing... *slaps own hand to quell compulsion*

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 04:34 PM
Favored Attributes: Agi, Wil
Major: Alc, Lig, Mar, Mys, Sne
Minor: Alt, Enc, Ill, Sho, Una

Not final yet, but it's taking shape. Also, Nighthunter seems better to me than Witchblade because it's not already a slutty comic book character.

KCar
12-23-2008, 05:08 PM
Also, Nighthunter seems better to me than Witchblade because it's not already a slutty comic book character.

Do you know that FOR CERTAIN? I certainly don't.

PapillonReel
12-23-2008, 05:09 PM
Also, Nighthunter seems better to me than Witchblade because it's not already a slutty comic book character.

Aww, you're no fun.

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 05:12 PM
Unless that was the point of going with Witchblade, of course.

Traumadore
12-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Night Hunter, please go see about this to-do about werewolves for us. Unless it is as lame as vampires on vaardenfel, because once you became a vampire you couldn't do anything in the game. You could still join the mages guild, but even they refused to teleport you anywhere...

So as long as being a werewolf isn't lame like that, then go for it!

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 05:34 PM
As long as no one sees you transform, you can live a normal life during the day and be a murderous wolf creature at night.

Knight
12-23-2008, 05:41 PM
Slaughting guards and leaping from rooftops in wolf form is pretty sweet.

Octopus Prime
12-23-2008, 06:17 PM
A were-wolf lizard-man who slaughters city guards by night, and fights crime in a magic bikini (which is appears to be comprised entirely of shellfish) by day.

I like this idea.

liquid
12-23-2008, 11:12 PM
Make your dude run around with a spear. You must do this.

Can you simultaneously be a werewolf and a vampire?

Adrenaline
12-23-2008, 11:17 PM
Can you simultaneously be a werewolf and a vampire?

According to my sources, no.

The Dread Cthulhu
12-24-2008, 01:28 AM
Don't the two side quests need you to be really high-level?

I'd probably suggest the Main Quest. More stuff to do and more room for input.

Knight
12-24-2008, 07:22 AM
I too thought Bloodmoon was higher level, but I haven't played it in ages, and I was already overleveled for it when I played it so I just breezed through it. I also remember it being a little small, whereas the main quest is huge and has a lot of room to go fuck about.

I think our heroine should be a drug addict. Fun with Skooma and Moon Sugar!

Adrenaline
12-24-2008, 09:36 AM
My Elder Scrolls-obsessed friend made a good point about armor. It would be better to have Una as a Major Skill, ditch Lig, and add Des as a Minor Skill. That way, every time I get it hit improves Una.

The Dread Cthulhu
12-24-2008, 09:43 AM
IIRC, Unarmored is sub-optimum as the highest you can have it is a good deal less than all the other armor skills maxed. The only advantage is the lack of extra weight you're carrying.

Adrenaline
12-24-2008, 09:55 AM
You're right. Many considerations.

liquidben
12-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah, and unarmored means you can't wear armor with enchantments on it. That's a considerable buff. Anyway, heavy/med/light armor all train when they get hit. If you feel like it, you can wear a mismatched set and all will get trained proportionately to the amount they get hit (main body > greaves > the rest)

So anyway, this is primary dilemma of character creation in Morrowind: Your major abilities' stats start at a higher level, but they also level faster. As your major abilities level, you level. Since you're running everywhere, Athletics is a terrible major, since you'll find yourself levelling just for walking around town, and woefully under-equipped for higher level adversaries.

To further complicate the matter, some abilities like Block, don't really work until you get them past a certain threshold. So it never procs, so it never trains, so you have to pay to get it going anywhere.

What this all comes down to is you can spend a very long time pouring over the stat-balancing issues. My recommendation: Have fun!

Adrenaline
12-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Indeed. I'm probably going to start this bitch up soon.

liquidben
12-24-2008, 10:35 AM
Favored Attributes: Agi, Wil
Major: Alc, Lig, Mar, Blo, Sne
Minor: Alt, Enc, Ill, Sho, Des

I'm not poking it too much, but I'd go with the above changes. Shields for the aforementioned reasons. If you're not expecting to use a shield, then maybe throw in heavy armor... or some random other thing for fun :) I swapped out Mysticism for Destruction. Mysticism does some odd assorted affects, but not really high usage stuff. Since we're not min-maxing, I suggest the fun route, where we burn and electrify and drain life! I especially like the last one

Knight
12-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I never bothered manually raising block. I always just ended up paying a trainer for it. My main money making scheme was to get a spear, head to Vivec, and go up to the top room of one of the buildings. (I forget which one) There's a planter there with a space between it and a wall, and if you get in there, you can poke an Ordinator to death with your spear from that alcove, and he can't reach you. The space between the wall and the planter isn't wide enough to walk through (but sometimes they eventually clip through after running at it long enough) and you're far enough to be out of range of his melee, but not far enough that they use a bow (I think they have bows anyway, I'm not sure). But anyway, you can kill him, loot him and haul ass out of there, recall to Calderra, go to that rich dude's house and sell the stuff to The Creeper inside. I think he's got the most money in the game, and his money refreshes every day, so you just have to wait 24 hours when he runs out.

liquidben
12-24-2008, 11:37 AM
Usually, I'd just throw together a bunch of crap alchemy ingredients and that would cover my immediate needs. I love how you can get good prices for potions like "Damage Fatigue", which as they can only be used on yourself in Morrowind, are completely f'in useless. Oblivion had it's definate problems, but at least they made that stuff useful.

Aside: I love Morrowind's art direction the most.

The Dread Cthulhu
12-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I only ever pay people for Security. Some of the other skills are useful in a pinch, but Security is one of those ones you consistently need, considering there's no way of bashing locks in.

Knight
12-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Oh yea, Morrowind has Oblivion beat in art direction, hands down. Oblivion is bland medieval countryside, while Morrowind has fantastic exotic environments. Stuff like the mushroom forests, stilt striders, that city that's build out of a giant carapace, the town where the live in mushroom trees, and the ghost gate. So many cool places, and I think that's really why I didn't play Oblivion even a quarter as much as I played Morrowind.

liquidben
12-24-2008, 11:56 AM
I only ever pay people for Security. Some of the other skills are useful in a pinch, but Security is one of those ones you consistently need, considering there's no way of bashing locks in.

I knew I'd forgotten another skill that was frankly impossible without some basic level. Alchemy is sorta the same, as you can't see the first ingredient without 25ish points.

So many cool places, and I think that's really why I didn't play Oblivion even a quarter as much as I played Morrowind.

Emphasis added. Elf-ruins, caves and abandoned forts got old soooo damn fast. I was damn near gleeful when I got to go into the painting. Best damn quest in the game. Actually, fighting inside a painting has been a pretty good thing for me. I liked FF6 & C:PoR, and Kirby's Canvas Curse was alright.

Adrenaline
12-24-2008, 11:57 AM
I understand the complaint about Oblivion, yeah it's sort of familiar, but that's the whole point of the Imperials, and it still looks really nice. Plus Shivering Isles has plenty of weird looking stuff in it.

Adrenaline
12-25-2008, 04:02 PM
After a mysterious vision (http://www.gamespite.net/talkingtime/showpost.php?p=359692&postcount=9), I awoke in the hull of a gently swaying ship.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot61.jpg

A strange looking Dunmer asked me my name, and I told him it was Nerevar.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot62.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot63.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot64.jpg

A man told me to follow him, and still feeling strange, I obeyed.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot65.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot66.jpg

I opened the hatch and saw a world very unlike the one I had come from.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot67.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot68.jpg

He asked where I was from. I am a proud Argonian of the Black Marsh.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot69.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot70.jpg

Inside, a Breton asked me many questions.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot71.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot72.jpg

This is the class I finally settled on.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot73.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot74.jpg

It was close with the Tower and the Sign, but if I really need to be invisible, I have Alteration.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot75.jpg

And this is our character.

Adrenaline
12-25-2008, 04:11 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot76.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot77.jpg

On my way out, I grabbed a knife off the table. It should be fine until I get something better.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot78.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot79.jpg

For some reason, I felt compelled to check the nearby barrel, and found a magic ring.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot80.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot81.jpg

Status screen with map, magic, equipment, and stats.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot82.jpg

An Imperial gave me a bit of money and a package for a man named Caius in Balmora. I am supposed to go see him, but that doesn't interest me at the moment.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot83.jpg

Journal with quest information.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot84.jpg

Outside, a Bosmer told me about his missing ring. I showed him the one I found, and he thanked me for it, and said he'd tell the local trader how nice I was.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot85.jpg

I spotted a lighthouse and decided to see the view from the top.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot86.jpg

There's not much to this quaint little town, but it's where my quest begins. I'll go next wherever the road takes me.

Not much to this update, just getting started. I'll try to post a new part about twice a week.

Lucas
12-25-2008, 04:53 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot84.jpg

I've never played Morrowind without the Better Bodies mod, and Fargoth here makes me very happy about it. I think some of these pics will haunt my dreams for a long time.

The Dread Cthulhu
12-26-2008, 10:32 AM
So how's this going to work? Are you letting us decide what quests you're going to do? Because if so, you should totally get the ring back.

Octopus Prime
12-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Wow, that is one ugly elf.

Gredlen
12-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Oh God, not Fargoth.
FARGOOOOOTTTTTHHHHHHH

Adrenaline
12-26-2008, 01:03 PM
So how's this going to work? Are you letting us decide what quests you're going to do? Because if so, you should totally get the ring back.

Going forward, quest-related decisions and maybe Attribute increases when leveling up will be up for a vote.

Traumadore
12-26-2008, 01:31 PM
I think you should get the far jumping scrolls from the unfortunate wizard near town, and also swing by the tax man while you're over that way. Play the town officials to get the most money possible.

Also can our guy be a liberator who does his damndest to rescue any demi-human slaves? Theres even some in a cave outside town, right?

The Dread Cthulhu
12-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Yep. Addamasartus is just outside.

I love that wizard because his journal is stationary on the floor before you even see him.

Knight
12-26-2008, 05:42 PM
I think your character should be a drug addict who looooooooves Moon Sugar and Skooma.

liquidben
12-26-2008, 10:44 PM
Man, this game totally brings out the OCD completist in me. After fighting past my first urges at advice regarding limeware platters and a certain stump to peek in, I'd say you should introduce the crowd to a certain orc so we can hold a referendum on Fargoth. :)

Adrenaline
12-31-2008, 05:36 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot87.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot88.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot89.jpg

I left the lighthouse and decided to see what that trader had in stock.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot90.jpg

I sold him the shoes I couldn't wear and bought a cuirass to protect myself a bit.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot91.jpg

The road went in two directions. I've heard of Vivec, the largest city on the island, so I decided to go there. In any case, it's the same direction as Balmora.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot92.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot93.jpg

Another fork, but I kept towards Vivec and Balmora.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot94.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot95.jpg

I spotted a small creature and decided to sneak past it.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot96.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot97.jpg

At first I succeeded, but it spotted me as I tried to read the signposts and I was forced to dispatch it with my knife and a simple fire spell.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot98.jpg

This time, the fork led me away from Balmora. I'll go there some day, maybe.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot99.jpg

On the road I met a man named Nels. He claimed to be dangerous, but seemed very interested in me. He asked kindly for a kiss, and I gave it to him not wanting trouble. I figure I should avoid trouble from guys who like to kiss giant lizards.

Adrenaline
12-31-2008, 05:40 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot100.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot101.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot102.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot103.jpg

I kept walking, going past various creatures including a farm of large, floating, squid creatures. Very strange. I eventually came to Vivec. The city is constructed on several platforms sitting on the water, with the closest one being the Foreign Quarter. I decided to see what was at the top.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot104.jpg

I walked up the tunnels that lead to higher levels.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot105.jpg

I saw a nice view of some other platforms.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot106.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot107.jpg

I went up some stairs and entered the plaza. I spotted a building for the local chapter of the Mages' Guild and decided to check it out.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot108.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot109.jpg

I met a woman who thought I would fit in, and asked me if I wanted to join. I contemplated my decision. So what do you think, guys? Should I join the Mages' Guild?

Octopus Prime
12-31-2008, 06:18 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot102.jpg

Are those Metroids?

Brer
12-31-2008, 06:55 PM
Are those Metroids?

Those are Netch, one of the major domesticated animals on Vvardenfell (don't know if they're found on the mainland of Morrowind). Next time you see this LP talk about netch leather...Also, while I still find a lot of fault with the TES series, this is almost tempting me to reinstall Morrowind when I have the time.

The Dread Cthulhu
01-01-2009, 02:34 AM
You should join House Telvanni.

And yeah, Netches are weird. The first one I went near attacked me, and I was paranoid around them for a while.

Adrenaline
01-01-2009, 06:48 PM
You should join House Telvanni.

I can do both. What I'd like is some input on whether to join the Mages Guild for fun and profit.

Gredlen
01-01-2009, 08:29 PM
The Mage's Guild is great because they have teleports to all the other Mage's Guilds. Join it.

The Dread Cthulhu
01-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Can you? Then yeah, go ahead.

Adrenaline
01-02-2009, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure the only restrictions are one major house (unless you exploit a glitch) and a certain mission in the Fighters Guild will keep you from joining the Thieves Guild if you complete it.

Adrenaline
01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Uploading screenshots for a new update, 48 of them... maybe I should be more conservative about taking them.

Adrenaline
01-07-2009, 05:18 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot110.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot111.jpg

I agreed to join the guild. They recommended I go elsewhere to find duties instead, and Balmora was the closest location. I guess I'm going there after all. They also told me about some trouble on the island of Solstheim. I might have to check it out.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot112.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot113.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot114.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot115.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot116.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot117.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot118.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot119.jpg

As the sun was setting, I decided to stop in Pelagiad as Balmora was still a way's off.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot120.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot121.jpg

Inside the inn I found Nels, but he didn't have much to say.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot122.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot123.jpg

I bought a room and got my first sleep on dry land in quite some time.

Adrenaline
01-07-2009, 05:24 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot124.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot125.jpg

I set out early in the morning, and soon it began to rain.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot126.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot127.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot128.jpg

I encountered a large rat,and killed it with some more of my fire spell. On its corpse I found my first alchemical ingredient. I've been a bit rusty, so I'm eager to brew up some new potions.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot129.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot130.jpg

I snuck past another rat and moved along towards Balmora.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot131.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot132.jpg

I passed a large fort on the way, and in the morning fog I saw the town of Balmora built around a flowing river.

Adrenaline
01-07-2009, 05:32 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot133.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot134.jpg

A local of my own kind directed me to the guild hall for the town.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot135.jpg

Inside I took some useful supplies from the chest available to all members, and then asked about duties. I was directed to a low ranking Khajiit named Ajira.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot136.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot137.jpg

She told me she needed some mushrooms to finish a report. I didn't like the idea of doing her work for her, but as her inferior in the guild I accepted.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot138.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot139.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot140.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot141.jpg

I followed the river out of town south as instructed, and came to the wooden bridge. I found a way over the steep hills near a camp.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot142.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot143.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot144.jpg

Now in the swamps, I quickly found a couple of the ingredients I needed. All that was left were a couple varieties that grew on trees.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot145.jpg

It wasn't long before I found those too, and quickly retraced my steps towards town.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot146.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot147.jpg

Adrenaline
01-07-2009, 05:36 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot148.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot149.jpg

I made it back to town and went to see Ajira.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot150.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot151.jpg

She returned the favor with some healing potions and then gave me another task - to sabotage another member's report. It seemed she was competing for the promotion.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot152.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot153.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot154.jpg

I passed my victim on the way upstairs, and then placed the fake soul gem in his desk as I was asked. It felt nice to be sneaky again. Slipping past rats just doesn't have the same thrill.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot155.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot156.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot157.jpg

Ajira thanked me, although she didn't have a reward this time. I went to see the guild steward though, and she promoted me all the way to journeyman for my efforts. I think I might fit in here.

liquidben
01-08-2009, 12:02 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot156.jpg

You're officially Nerevar...
Well! That was easy!

The Dread Cthulhu
01-08-2009, 01:12 PM
I love how you help out Ajira in her bet to become Journeyman before Galbedir, and then you get promoted to Journeyman before her.

Adrenaline
01-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah. She has to write a report and compete with others and I match her the day I join.

liquidben
01-08-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah. She has to write a report and compete with others and I match her the day I join.

Let's just be generous and say that management recognizes aptitude. Ajira talks a lot more 'tarded than most other Khajit.

dwolfe
01-11-2009, 03:37 PM
You can play a pure mage in Morrowind easily anyway. With the Atronach birthsign, you can simply make a Drain Intelligence spell that drains your Int by 100 for 1 second on yourself. It kills your Int for one second and your magicka with it, and when your Int is back to normal a second later, your magicka pool is full.

It beats having to sit and let a ghost cast on you for 10 minutes.

...seriously, I have to try this someday rather than just relying on 10 rings that cast ranged magic attacks for every battle (which is honestly a lot of fun)

Merus
01-11-2009, 07:09 PM
Can I ask how come you aren't using the travel beasties?

Adrenaline
01-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I like to walk to each location at least once before quick-traveling there, and I don't really have any money yet.

liquidben
01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
You can play a pure mage in Morrowind easily anyway. With the Atronach birthsign, you can simply make a Drain Intelligence spell that drains your Int by 100 for 1 second on yourself. It kills your Int for one second and your magicka with it, and when your Int is back to normal a second later, your magicka pool is full.

That's neat. Never heard of that trick.

Adrenaline
01-14-2009, 11:14 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot158.jpg

Ajira had another job for me, this time to find some various flowers at a lake not far away.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot159.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot160.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot161.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot162.jpg

On the way there I passed the fort again, and then came across another rat. I used the fire spell against him, but I wasted a lot of Magicka getting it to work. That's what potions are for though, if I need it.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot163.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot164.jpg

I took the path towards Suran as directed, and started searching along the shore for the flowers I needed.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot165.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot166.jpg

While looking at the plants I was attacked by a small slaughterfish, a danger known in the waters across the lands. I killed it with my knife and took its scales to use later. I reread the directions Ajira gave me and noticed that the flowers were supposed to be by the path along the lake, not by the lake itself, and so I climbed back up to search around.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot167.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot168.jpg

I soon found what I came for, picked the flowers and walked back to Balmora.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot169.jpg

Once I got there it started to storm pretty heavily.

Adrenaline
01-14-2009, 11:28 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot170.jpg

Ajira thanked me with more potions and then asked me to get her a ceramic bowl from the trader. A bowl! I'm doing all her work for her and now I'm running errands?

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot171.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot172.jpg

My temper soon went away when I realized how much she overpaid me for the service, though. With a little rat meat to sweeten the deal, it only cost one of the ten drakes she gave me.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot173.jpg

I gave Ajira the bowl, but she had a bigger concern when I got back, somehow her reports for the promotion had gone missing.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot174.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot175.jpg

I suspected it was the Elf I had helped sabotage earlier, but of course she gave no indication of guilt.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot176.jpg

The Guild Steward wasn't much help, but a man named Marayn suggested I was not off base. The reports weren't in the thief's desk or on her person, so I decided to look for where she may have hid them.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot177.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot178.jpg

Not far from her was one, and the other was hidden downstairs. Only took a bit of searching.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot179.jpg

Ajira thanked me with more potions, but said she didn't have any other things for me to do, at least for now.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot180.jpg

I spoke with Ranis the steward, and she promoted me to Evoker and gave me a couple new tasks near Marandus, quite a fair walk from Balmora. It was storming out still and getting late, so I decided to wait until the morning. These updates have been a bit brief, but the next one should be more substantial. Soon our character might start getting some real experiences under her belt.

liquidben
01-15-2009, 10:32 AM
Soon our character might start getting some real experiences under her belt.

Translation: Adrenaline installed the brothel mod

Adrenaline
01-24-2009, 03:49 PM
I haven't updated this week because a lot of crap has been getting in the way, and I'm not sure what I want to do with it. I'll try to do one tomorrow.

Adrenaline
01-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I once again left Balmora, headed eastward to find some people that needed dealing with, whatever that ends up meaning.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot181.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot182.jpg

My directions said to cross a bridge north of the fort, but there seemed to be someone guarding it, and I didn't feel ready to take a life just to keep on a specific path.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot186.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot187.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot188.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot189.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot190.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot191.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot192.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot193.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot194.jpg

I tried to find another way over the mountainous area, but that wasn't going well as I was continually attacked by Cliff Racers and other creatures. Cliff Racers are easily the most irritating part of the game early on. They hound you constantly wherever you go, aren't that easy to defeat at the beginning, and aren't even implemented well, looking really awkward these years later. And since we're not exactly gaining levels at a brisk pace, they'll be a pain for a while.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot195.jpg

I decided to check my map and find my own way to Marandus, the first waypoint while looking for Punabi and Sulipund.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot196.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot197.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot198.jpg

I killed a Nix-Hound and took its delicious meat before checking the road signs. I hope soon to find some equipment to begin mixing up some potions. My instructions mentioned to follow the road towards Molag Mar, and so I did.

Adrenaline
01-26-2009, 03:09 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot199.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot200.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot201.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot202.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot203.jpg

The road was very slow going, as I didn't have many resources to keep myself in fighting shape, so I resorted to a lot of sneaking around. But I eventually found the lake.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot204.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot205.jpg

Nearby was Marandus, and circling it I found some stairs that led to an entrance. But someone was guarding it, so I turned back for now.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot206.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot207.jpg

What followed was more grueling exploration in vain. The path I wanted to follow was too infested with Cliff Racers to proceed, as I only had one healing potion left and they couldn't be easily bypassed stealthily. I followed the eastern path instead, and it didn't lead me where I wanted to go, especially not knowing exactly where Punabi and Sulipund were or even what to look for. I became frustrated (for real) and decided that for now my marks could just rot in this forsaken land if they wanted, because I didn't want to crawl around in it anymore.

Adrenaline
01-26-2009, 03:13 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot208.jpg

I used the Divine Intervention scroll I was given, which transported me to Pelagiad.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot209.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot210.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot211.jpg

Wanting another way to get some income, I sought about joining the Imperial Cult, who worship the Nine Divines, but they wanted a payment to join that was pretty much everything I had, and my goal was to make money, not lose it. Another group I knew that was looking for magically inclined members was House Telvanni (which Cthulhu suggested), so I walked to Vivec to see about joining.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot212.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot213.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot214.jpg

I found their canton and ascended to the top. Inside I met a couple helpful people but mostly a bunch of racists, who view us Argonians as nothing more than slaves. Doing some research, I discovered that the house can only be joined at a city on an island somewhere, not that easy to get to. Annoyed by the lack of help from the guilds I was finding focused on magic, I began considering ones would make use of my other skills. What should I do? Join the Cult? The Telvanni? The Hlaalu, who are sneakier? The illegal Thieves Guild? Suck it up and finish that Mages Guild quest? Run away to Solstheim?

The Dread Cthulhu
01-26-2009, 03:23 PM
I would leave the Mages Guild quest for the time being; the enemies in most of those strongholds are tough.

I reckon you should leave off the house decision for now and join Telvanni when you reach the recruiting place (they have such similar names, I can't remember which).

You should join the Thieves Guild and the Morag Tong. The state-sanctioned thieves and the state-sanctioned assassins.

liquidben
01-26-2009, 03:46 PM
I know we're avoiding the main plot and all, but maybe we could earn some coin by turning in that bundle you were supposed to deliver to Balmora?

Knight
01-26-2009, 03:59 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot188.jpg
Cliff Racers are easily the most irritating part of the game early on. They hound you constantly wherever you go, aren't that easy to defeat at the beginning, and aren't even implemented well, looking really awkward these years later. And since we're not exactly gaining levels at a brisk pace, they'll be a pain for a while.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Deus777/cliffracerswarm.jpg

Cliff Racers are horrible, and the first mod I would always install whenever I reinstalled Morrowind was a mod that removed them from the game.

Adrenaline
01-26-2009, 04:30 PM
I know we're avoiding the main plot and all, but maybe we could earn some coin by turning in that bundle you were supposed to deliver to Balmora?

I think so. It's the closest place I know to join the Thieves, too.

Bongo Bill
01-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Cliff racers! FUUUUUUUUUUCK

Adrenaline
02-10-2009, 03:46 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot215.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot216.jpg

Desperate for some money, I decided to walk back to Balmora and see if I could find Caius, the main I was supposed to meet when I first came here. Maybe he could help.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot217.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot218.jpg

I was told I could learn where to find him in town at the South Wall, so I went inside.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot220.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot221.jpg

A Khajiit inside named Sugar-Lips was awfully forward about the Thieves Guild. I agreed to join wanting to hone my other skills, and I was given a task to retrieve a diamond, with the suggestion that I try the local alchemist's shop.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot222.jpg

The patron of the club told me where to find Caius, but first I decided to stakeout the location of my job.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot223.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot224.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot225.jpg

There were diamonds in the open downstairs but constantly being watched by the owner and a guard, and there may have been more in a locked chest upstairs but I hadn't the ability or equipment to open it. At yet another roadblock, I went to meet Caius.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot226.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot227.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot228.jpg

The package I had for him contained orders from the Emperor to induct me into the Blades, his eyes and ears in the province. Caius gave me a fair amount of money and some advice for surviving in Morrowind, and told me to come back later for orders. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

Adrenaline
02-10-2009, 03:59 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot229.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot230.jpg

As a way of building up a reserve of money, I decided to work on my potion making. I returned to the alchemist's and traded a couple unnecessary potions for the basic mortar and pestle I needed to get started.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot231.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot232.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot233.jpg

Using some ingredients I had I mixed up a Water Walking concoction and sold it for seven drakes. Not much, but it's a start. I then went and konked out on a bed in the Mages Guild. I woke up at nine, ready to go collect ingredients.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot234.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot235.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot236.jpg

I went north to start out, and it wasn't long before I was finding new things to mix up, including from the corpses of whatever small creatures interrupted me.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot237.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot238.jpg

I quickly found a couple combinations that worked, although not as many as I would have liked.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot239.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot240.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot241.jpg

Nearby I stumbled upon a dead body, which had a strange note on it that didn't shed too much light. I took it and his other possessions, not feeling too great about it, including a Skooma Pipe. I personally never touch the stuff.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot242.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot243.jpg

I continued to collect as I headed southeast, and eventually made it back to the fort near Balmora. From there I decided to head to the swamp I visited earlier for Ajira.

Adrenaline
02-10-2009, 04:19 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot244.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot245.jpg

On the way there I found some more plants to harvest from, and noticed that I already quite a collection of components. I had to start keeping notes to keep track of which ones had which effects (in real life).

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot246.jpg

I also realized that the pipe could be used as a simple alembic to minimize the negative effects of anything I make, although not a very good one. A bit about potions: a lot of the ones you can make do only negative things, like hurting certain stats. You would never drink these obviously, so their only purpose is to sell for a profit. Why traders are so willing to buy them I don't know, although I guess jerks could sneak them into their enemies' drinks. In Oblivion, you can use potions with only negative effects on weapons to poison your opponents, which was sometimes useful.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot247.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot248.jpg

After killing a rat, I stopped to mix again and discovered an effect I didn't know about yet, and added it to my list. Each ingredient has up to four four possible effects, and the number you know about depends on how skilled you are in Alchemy. Unlike in Oblivion, if you have two ingredients with a shared effect, you only need to know about it with one to mix the potion.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot249.jpg

After harvesting a bunch of mushrooms, I wondered if the nearby Mudcrab might have something worth using in him.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot250.jpg

Darn.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot251.jpg

My increased prowess against weak, tiny creatures didn't stop them from continually interrupting my work.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot252.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot253.jpg

As the day went on, I grew tired and decided to return to town. I passed some campers on the way and said hello, although they didn't have much to talk about.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot254.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot255.jpg

I sold the potions to Ajira and the dead man's clothes to the trader. Not a bad day's labor.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot256.jpg

I slept again in the Mages Guild, unsure what the next day would bring.

Adrenaline
03-05-2009, 12:55 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot257.jpg

I woke early, and decided to head out north again looking for ingredients. It was raining as I left, but peaceful.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot258.jpg

I didn't find much I didn't already have, but I kept to the road and eventually reached the town of caldera. This is my favorite town in the game that I've found and possibly the series. I just love the way it looks.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot259.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot260.jpg

While checking out the different houses, I stumbled upon one owned by a name I recognized. Surane was one of the Blades that Caius told me to see for some help. She gave me some advice and offered me a place to sleep. All the Blades you meet offer this... the only problem is that she doesn't actually have a bed, at least not behind a locked door. Thanks anyway, I guess. I decided to check out a few other places in town.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot261.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot262.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot263.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot264.jpg

The local blacksmith repaired my dagger for a reasonable price, and I sold a few potions I put together to the trader.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot265.jpg
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot266.jpg

Upstairs in the local Mages Guild chapter I stumbled upon a treasure - a full Master's alchemy set. It was just sitting there, begging for me to take it. So I did. The Guild hasn't done much for me lately, has it? It won't be missed. Now with access to a retort and calcinator (which increase positive effects and all effects, respectively), I tried mixing up some stuff with the ingredients there, although most of my attempts failed. I wondered if it was some sort of karmic payback for stealing the equipment, but shrugged it off and sold what I made and the old devices back to the Guild.

Adrenaline
03-05-2009, 01:20 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot267.jpg

I headed north out of town on a quest for more ingredients, before long I came upon a strange, nearly naked man with a stranger story. I agreed to help him find this witch, although I didn't know why.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot268.jpg

I didn't find her immediately. I did some wandering around, coming across some odd things such as a man who seemed to raise docile Guars.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot269.jpg

Eventually I did find her though, and she told her side of the story and offered to return his axe at the Guild hall in three days.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot270.jpg

He refused, and was ready to kill whether I was on his side or not.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot271.jpg

I decided to help, though again, I knew not why. She used magic very well, but together we defeated her. On her body was the axe as well as a magic staff that she had managed to drain my spirit with (damaged my Luck and Per) and a few potions.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot272.jpg

I gave the axe to him, and he rewarded with some pointers on physical combat.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot273.jpg

I was a bit weak to continue heading north, so I went back towards Caldera. On the way I met an Orc who was on the lam and asked me to deliver a note to his friend in town.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot274.jpg

When I was sure he couldn't see me, I took a look at the note myself. Um... it was interesting seeing how his people put thoughts onto paper.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot275.jpg

I found her house and dutifully delivered the note. She wrote another for me to bring back to him. Masters of subtle espionage, these two.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot276.jpg

He seemed grateful after I gave him the note, but then tried to fleece me by only giving me a "rock" in return. Thankfully that rock was exactly what I needed to bring back to Sugar-Lips. That makes things a bit easier.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot277.jpg

I sold the stuff off the dead mage at the Guild, and then decided to take care of some business in Balmora.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot278.jpg

Sugar-Lips thanked me for the diamond with a potion to go unseen and a new job to find a key in town.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/AdrenalineMJ/ScreenShot279.jpg

I took a short walk to the nearby fort and paid a tribute at the altar of the Nine, washing away the damage I had taken. In Oblivion, you can pray to restore attributes and cure diseases or whatever for free if you have a good reputation, but 25 gold isn't bad when your only other option is buying potions. I returned to the town Guild hall for another night's rest.

Sorry this took so long, a burning desire to finish Persona 3 and the sudden obligation to go to work sapped my free time for other things. I should be doing this more consistently now, though. What will Nerever have to do to get that key? Will she ever reach level 2? Find out next time!

The Dread Cthulhu
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM
What will Nerever have to do to get that key?

The same thing every Morrowind character has to do to get information or an object out of somebody, presumably.

Adrenaline
01-09-2014, 08:19 PM
So... I abandoned this nearly five years ago. It's always bothered me, so I'm going to try to bring it back. I still have my save file, but I don't really remember too well what was happening. I have a setup now where I can record video pretty well, and I think with that format keeping up with regular updates would be more feasible. A big reason I stopped was that taking all those screenshots and uploading them and transcribing all my actions was a big pain in the butt. Editing and uploading video will take time too, but I think it will at least feel less tedious.

I think in doing this my best option would be to start a new game, either trying to do with Nerevar what I originally intended, or making a new character and story altogether. Would you guys prefer Argonian Werewolf Mage Mark 2, or something else?

MetManMas
01-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Oh man, I didn't even know we had a Morrowind LP here.

Anyway, it's probably best to start from scratch, given it's been about five years. I suggest sticking with an Argonian but going for something more sneaky, like an assassin or nightblade.

Lucas
01-12-2014, 12:05 AM
If Skywind ever actually happens I'll probably go with a sneaky Argonian, so I'll have to vote for you to do something else. Werewolf mage does sound fun, though.

Büge
01-12-2014, 09:08 AM
Oh man, I didn't even know we had a Morrowind LP here.

Anyway, it's probably best to start from scratch, given it's been about five years. I suggest sticking with an Argonian but going for something more sneaky, like an assassin or nightblade.

A female argonian assassin named Clever-Girl.

Violentvixen
01-12-2014, 11:47 AM

This. For everything. Forever.

SpoonyBardOL
01-13-2014, 07:34 AM

I also vote for this.

Adrenaline
01-14-2014, 07:19 AM
Looks like we're leaning towards sneaky murderous Argonian lady (Sorry, Lucas). I'll probably still keep some magical skills to assist with that.

Should I still try to become a werewolf? Is finishing Bloodmoon the ultimate goal? I think sticking with one of the three main quests is a good idea, otherwise I really won't ever finish this damn thing.

Patrick
01-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Bloodmoon is great, I recommend doing it if you can fit it in.

Foxeris
01-17-2014, 10:15 AM
You might want to look into the Morrowind Graphics and Sound Overhaul (http://www.ornitocopter.net/morrowind-overhaul/), it really improves the quality of the game and takes off some of the rough edges.

Adrenaline
01-17-2014, 02:32 PM
I usually avoid graphical modding when I play games, but since I'm asking people to watch this I can check it out if they want it to look nicer.

Omnibus
01-21-2014, 06:06 PM

This is probably the best plan. I vote for this.

Solitayre
01-21-2014, 06:20 PM

I love this so much.

Adrenaline
01-26-2014, 04:31 PM
Holy crap this game looks different with the graphics overhaul. It's still clunky old Morrowind at its heart, though.

I plan to start recording next week, so expect the first episode in February. I'll try to play for an hour per session, though with editing the videos won't be that long.

Current plans:
Be a female Argonian
Focus on stealth (augmenting with illusion magic)
Reach Solstheim, become a werewolf, and finish the Blooodmoon quest

Any other gameplay requests before I start playing, post them here. I'll probably continue asking for input on decisions where it makes sense.

Mogri
01-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Go hand-to-hand! The H2H nerfs in Oblivion were one of my biggest disappointments with the game.

Adrenaline
02-09-2014, 05:13 PM
Part 1
Utg8Q7PjttI

I'll try to have new episodes once every week or two. Video and audio quality will hopefully improve by next time.

Adrenaline
03-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Part 2
9FW3JeyYmJg

Took longer than I wanted to get it up, but oh well! That's what she said

Adrenaline
03-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Part 3
LCja4BxMuYM

This video is different, almost totally unedited as compared to the first two. Let me know which style you prefer.

Adrenaline
03-23-2014, 06:41 AM
Anyone? Bueller?

Büge
03-23-2014, 07:54 AM
I've just seen the first episode. I hope you speak up in the next two.

Tunlan
03-23-2014, 09:14 AM
Personally, I prefer the unedited video. It captures the gameplay better, I guess. Which is good, because that will keep me from playing that game again (something I really wouldn't have time for right now)!

Lucas
03-23-2014, 11:31 AM
Unedited feels more natural and gives a better sense of the gameplay, I think.

Büge
03-23-2014, 03:57 PM
A few gameplay tips:

You fight better when your fatigue is high. This is especially important for hand-to-hand, as you're really doing twice the work of a weapon.

You level up when you get 10 points total in major skills. Any skill points after this detract from subsequent level ups.

So what mods are you using?

Adrenaline
03-23-2014, 04:08 PM
I installed the package Foxeris recommended earlier in the thread.

Adrenaline
04-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Part 4
T3OZwhVrTWc

I made some dumb decisions in this video.

Büge
04-06-2014, 08:45 PM
Heh. Diplomacy works on Manwe, too.

Adrenaline
04-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Yeah I was thinking it would. And I would have gotten money back that I could have used elsewhere...

Adrenaline
04-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Part 5
Rh3PvX06QLI

More Mages Guild, or try to be a Morag Tong again?

Adrenaline
05-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Part 6
WeEKFQQvJLM

Boop a doop

Büge
05-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Aw, I forgot to suggest things.

You should go do the naked Nord quests between Caldera and Ald-Ruhn. And then clear out a dwarven ruin.

Adrenaline
06-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Part 7
bJi7cc1_kqs

I didn't forget.

Büge
06-02-2014, 09:00 PM
Yaaaaaaaay!

Now do the other Naked Nord Quest. >:3

Nah, I'm just kidding. I think you should go free some slaves.

Adrenaline
06-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Part 8
Wxw0xDHN2Xg

Sometimes you like Morrowind more than it likes you.

Büge
06-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Tip for later:

Take off all your clothes and talk to Feruren Oran. People who normally won't talk to you will comment on the fact that you're naked.

Adrenaline
06-29-2014, 04:29 PM
Part 9
vKxdYGid2AU

Bad sound glitching on this one. Think I'm switching to OBS.

Adrenaline
07-13-2014, 05:35 PM
Part 10
baT_8VoHkYY

New program got rid of the echoing but my mic was quiet and the very top and bottom of the screen are cut off. Woooooh yeah.

Adrenaline
08-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Part 11
y2dYxMEBSLs

A breakthrough! I finally managed to complete that first Morag Tong quest.

Adrenaline
08-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Part 12
1G1Zk0N9-A0

Another one eventually bites the dust.

Adrenaline
09-07-2014, 11:37 AM
Part 13
NgjXAbrNmKE

Yup, still going

Büge
09-07-2014, 04:15 PM
Here's some helpful tips:
Spell Absorption potions will help alleviate spells being cast on you.
If NPCs are in the way, you can go into the console with the tilde key and type "ra" (no quotes) to reset them to their original spots.

Adrenaline
09-08-2014, 07:06 AM
Yeah, I think the fire shield helped but general spell absorption sounds like a good investment

Is there a skeleton absorption potion

Büge
09-08-2014, 10:29 AM
the only cure for a skeleton is another skeleton (http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Conjuration_Spells#Summon_Skeletal_Minio n)

Adrenaline
09-14-2014, 01:20 PM
Part 14
gCN0yIDxvJ8

Most of this isn't very important.

Adrenaline
09-28-2014, 11:24 AM
Part 15
6INKh1gd5nI

Hope you guys like Vivec

Adrenaline
10-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Part 16
yaOEV47D2RU

Sometimes you have to fight three wizards at once

Büge
10-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Wow, that was intense. But why didn't you finish them off? You had all three of those guys on the ropes!

Adrenaline
10-05-2014, 02:10 PM
I didn't have a contract for the other two.

Büge
10-05-2014, 03:39 PM
No witnesses.

Adrenaline
10-12-2014, 01:02 PM
Part 17
cg7pFaehrXc

Some update to OBS must have done something because this is two straight videos with delayed game audio. Sorry!

Büge
10-12-2014, 02:45 PM
Why didn't you ransack that guy's lab?

Adrenaline
10-12-2014, 08:18 PM
I didn't even think about it, I had just spent an hour angrily looking for and fighting him.

Büge
10-12-2014, 08:57 PM
Hmm. Well, according to the UESP, Shara doesn't have much decent treasure.

But I'm watching you!

Rosewood
10-19-2014, 12:57 PM
LttP here, just started watching the videos and have finished the first two. I've subbed to Adrenaline's channel and will continue to keep up!

My only knowledge of the Elder Scrolls games is from Skyrim, so mechanically/min-maxing-wise I won't have a lot to say. It has the vibe of being somewhere between a MMO and an old-fashioned dice-rolling game.

I love how immersive and lush the world is. A friend of mine really got into exploring, his main focus learning the past of the world through its ruins.

And combat looks excruciating early on.

Adrenaline
10-19-2014, 02:16 PM
It's certainly a fun world to explore if you're not looking for something specific.

Part 18
9avqhSOsBb8

Running some errands.

Rosewood
10-22-2014, 08:46 AM
I've watched up to ep. 12 or so now. Not a fan of jump-cuts (even if the would-be excised material isn't all that thrilling) so belatedly second/third the vote to show everything.

- The comment that the Imperials just plopped a fortress next to another settlement was a sharp one. Nice bit of worldbuilding there--you can see tensions springing from colonialism, or whatever they're doing, even without a bunch of text-dump to support it.

- The Dwemer fort tour was cool, especially to see the differences between this Morrowind version and the Skyrim versions that I saw. "Why the heck are these people down there?" is a good question. Surely there would be someplace else they could squat that doesn't have a bunch of dangerous, still-active automatons around.

- Clever-Girl is becoming quite a proficient slap-sassin. :p

Rosewood
10-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Double post or append to the other? the eternal question.

At ep. 17 I thought for sure YOU were the killer. (seriously!) After all, you'd murdered a number of people in Vivec, including a room with three mages in it.

Ep. 18 I hadn't thought to listen to the wallawalla (background chatter) until now. It really is just gibberish.

Real-life cities aren't so neatly planned and built as Vivec is, are they? but it is nice to look at. Interesting how you were initially attracted to Balmora, but have ended up spending much more time in Vivec because of the assassins' quests.

Adrenaline
10-25-2014, 10:11 AM
At ep. 17 I thought for sure YOU were the killer. (seriously!) After all, you'd murdered a number of people in Vivec, including a room with three mages in it.

Hey man, that was all 100% legal.

Büge
10-25-2014, 10:07 PM
I'm sure a seasoned lawyer would argue that the other two guys were obstructing the law. You were carrying a writ of execution, after all.

Adrenaline
10-27-2014, 07:50 AM
Plus, they're still alive. I only killed the target.

There's nothing wrong with anything I've done.

Rosewood
10-27-2014, 03:04 PM
Hey man, that was all 100% legal.

Not only legal, but honorable! My mistake. ;)

Adrenaline
11-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Part 19
LBMayWX1mYY

These targets are getting pretty tough.

Büge
11-02-2014, 07:34 PM
You really should be carrying restore potions for your other attributes.

Also, word to the wise: try drinking Sujamma for combat situations. It makes you stupid strong.

Adrenaline
11-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Part 20
ouGl4P7ur1s

I don't get my ass handed to me so much this time.

Adrenaline
11-16-2014, 02:47 PM
Part 21
S1YHucWTYm0

More fighting guys.

Adrenaline
11-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Part 22
PkQSB01EsZg

Death montage incoming.

Adrenaline
12-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Part 23
2TwwgtfYViU

Think I'll be heading towards Solstheim in the near future...

Büge
12-14-2014, 07:39 PM
You could try for the Threads of the Webspinner quest, but that one really requires a guide... Oh, I know, why not go to Mournhold and get those assassins to stop interrupting your sleep?

Adrenaline
12-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Oh, I know, why not go to Mournhold and get those assassins to stop interrupting your sleep?

And give up the easy 1000 gold?

Adrenaline
12-31-2014, 06:46 AM
Part 24
RsJzFCYvlfc

SPECIAL WEDNESDAY EDITION

Büge
12-31-2014, 08:39 AM
Dang it, Adrenaline! How'm I supposed to watch your video at work?

Adrenaline
01-18-2015, 01:02 PM
Part 25
9cr8EV6sFRk

I'm kinda wondering what I should do once I'm a werewolf. Just finish the questline? Wreak havoc elsewhere?

Adrenaline
02-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Part 26
WehGxKH6s6E

Man. This game, sometimes.

Adrenaline
03-01-2015, 11:55 AM
Part 27
LqCmIs2a3oE

Whoops, where did that month go?

Adrenaline
03-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Part 28
yw78-JT04Cw

I'm getting somewhere? Maybe?

Adrenaline
03-15-2015, 01:11 PM
Part 29
K2_83ygSJGc

One step at a time

Büge
03-23-2015, 05:07 AM
Wow, Clever-Girl just can't catch a break.

Adrenaline
03-24-2015, 02:50 PM
I'm definitely underleveled, even with the difficulty down.

Büge
03-24-2015, 06:47 PM
May I suggest heading back to Vvardenfell and doing some easier work? Bloodmoon really is for higher-level characters.

Adrenaline
03-25-2015, 06:38 AM
I wanna be a werewolf >:|

Büge
03-25-2015, 06:49 AM
You're a lizard! Lizards can't be werewolves.

Adrenaline
05-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Part 30
X_MPQjsOxck

Sorry for the delay, I kept having reasons/excuses not to record.

Büge
05-03-2015, 12:03 PM
I was going to ask today what happened but I see you're already on top of it.

Adrenaline
05-10-2015, 12:36 PM
Part 31
cJLMMZ6AVWQ

I play more of the video game

Adrenaline
05-24-2015, 11:38 AM
Part 32
EV0oqw9o7p4

Questin' all day

Adrenaline
05-31-2015, 11:52 AM