PDA

View Full Version : Spoon

ozacrot
06-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Has anybody heard anything from the new Spoon album? I'd gathered a couple songs from the blogs, which made me a little anxious - they're one of my favorite bands, but "The Ghost Of You Lingers" had me a little anxious for being maybe a little too minimal. Anyway, they started a jukebox on which they'll be uploading a song a day, and the first track is dynamite.

I guess the question is - does anybody else care about these guys? (If you don't, you know, they're pretty good, or whatever.)

Jeanie
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
When I first saw this thread I thought it would be about The Tick. Boy was I disapointed.

The band Spoon? Never heard of them. Sorry

Guy
06-05-2007, 09:40 PM
The band Spoon? Never heard of them. Sorry

Of course you've never heard of them. There is no spoon.

Savathun
06-06-2007, 10:58 AM
My only experience with Spoon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g-yrjh58ms).

blitzchamp
06-06-2007, 11:07 AM
Didn't they make a song called "The Way We Get By"? It was an OC song, I believe. I could be mistaken though.

ozacrot
06-06-2007, 02:16 PM
Didn't they make a song called "The Way We Get By"? It was an OC song, I believe. I could be mistaken though.

Yeah, that was them. They also provided at least half of the soundtrack to "Stranger Than Fiction" last year.

gamin
06-06-2007, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I like Spoon. Got all their albums when I had eMusic. I had heard about their new album, and I'm listening to Underdog right now, which is pretty good. Like some of their other acoustic songs, but it's got some great horns, which is pretty different for Spoon.

philliam
06-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Spoon's awesome. I think every album they have done is great or good in some way.

blitzchamp
06-06-2007, 04:36 PM
Yeah, that was them. They also provided at least half of the soundtrack to "Stranger Than Fiction" last year.

O good, so then I like them alot! You are not alone.

Deadguy2322
06-09-2007, 03:33 PM
When I first saw this thread I thought it would be about The Tick. Boy was I disapointed.

Good to know I wasn't the only one.

nadia
06-09-2007, 06:02 PM
I thought it would be about the Spoons. Like, 70's Canadian cock-rock "Nova Heart" Spoons.

I'm so disappointed.

Stephen
06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Well, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (I hope that's the right number of Ga's) leaked a couple of weeks ago, though I personally haven't downloaded it. As a heads up, you can find just about any album these days by doing a Google search for "band name + album title + rapidshare or other file hosting site". You should just download the album and test drive it yourself, if you like.

Anyway, I only have Girls Can Tell and a copy of "I Turn My Camera On" that I got for free from iTunes. They're both really good and I cannot explain why I don't own more Spoon.

locit
06-11-2007, 01:17 AM
I thought this was going to be about news related to the Tick. You know... spoon and whatnot.

Red Hedgehog
06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I get disappointed every time I see this thread and realize that it's not related to The Tick.

Daikaiju
06-12-2007, 09:07 AM
"Whackamagog?"
"Thrakkazog!"
"Two yaks and a dog?"
"Thrakkazog! Thrakkazog!! Say it right!"
"Susan?"
"Tch... Now you're just being mean."

gamin
07-15-2007, 10:09 PM
So, I got Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga and its good. Maybe a bit short, but there's not a single track that I'd skip. Don't You Evah is probably my favorite track, its a bit funkier then most of their stuff.

ScrambledGregs
07-16-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't get why people are complaining about Spoon's sometimes minimalism. Do these people not own a copy of Kill The Moonlight?? Now that was minimalist Spoon.

I don't have their new one yet, but I have almost all of their back catalog and it is fabulous. I love the way Britt sings.

Jakanden
07-16-2007, 05:21 PM
Of course you've never heard of them. There is no spoon.

Damn...I wish I had thought of that reply.

Oh and add me to the "I thought this was about The Tick" crowd.