PDA

View Full Version : Weird Food Combos that actually taste good!

Silent Noise
12-31-2009, 11:43 AM
Because we need to know.

Now I'm going to suggest that you try most of the things suggested here,
However if you suggest something like grapes with catsup then don't expect too much.

I say that a potato has two things that compliment it best,
the first is salt and the second is butter.

So I like putting a little bit of butter on french fries,
it really make them taste more like a potato.

teg
12-31-2009, 11:49 AM
My brother had a teacher who used to eat Alphaghetti on toast.
Not only that, he would sell it to the students.
It was apprently delicious.

R^2
12-31-2009, 11:56 AM
The only way Wendy's french fries are palatable is dipped into a Frosty. My girlfriend looks at me funny every time, but salty + chocolate is a long-established culinary tradition and I refuse to waver from it.

And she puts ranch dressing on Waffle House hash browns topped with chili and so on. It looks like a plate of food that had been swallowed already, but had not yet completed its gastrointestinal course. So I think we're even.

Silent Noise
12-31-2009, 12:14 PM
The only way Wendy's french fries are palatable is dipped into a Frosty. My girlfriend looks at me funny every time, but salty + chocolate is a long-established culinary tradition and I refuse to waver from it.

As I stated french fries are delectable with butter but I will try it with a frosty next time I go.

Also I kinda veiw the alphaghetti on toast the same way I view Dominos pasta with bread bowls.

Dadgum Roi
12-31-2009, 12:20 PM
So I like putting a little bit of butter on french fries,
it really make them taste more like a potato.

Try some fried yuca.

Silent Noise
12-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Try some fried yuca.

I have and it's wonderful.

Kyven
12-31-2009, 01:50 PM
Macaroni (with butter/salt/black pepper) + milk.

John
12-31-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm not a fan of Tabasco normally, but throw some on a baked potato with butter and sour cream (or even better, creme fraiche) and I'm in heaven.

Silent Noise
12-31-2009, 01:51 PM
Macaroni (with butter/salt/black pepper) + milk.

YES!! try cut up hot dogs with it as well.

Pseudonym
12-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Trick I learned from a wise old monk: Caramelize onions in Dr. Pepper.
Super sweet!

Silent Noise
12-31-2009, 02:05 PM
Trick I learned from a wise old monk: Caramelize onions in Dr. Pepper.
Super sweet!

I hear it's also works well for baking ham.

I heard it from the show Good Eats.

Gwrrrk
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
My brother had a teacher who used to eat Alphaghetti on toast.
Not only that, he would sell it to the students.
It was apprently delicious.

Canned pasta is delicious on toast or really good bread.

another combo that is delcious is sezchuan peanut sauce and most other objects.

pence
12-31-2009, 02:34 PM
My current roommate might be a slob, but I am unable to deny one very strange food combination that he introduced me to. Take a nongreasy chain-store pizza (we used Papa John's, as an example), and dip it in applesauce. It's oddly complimentary.

John
12-31-2009, 02:44 PM
Haven't tried applesauce myself, but I do like lemon juice on pizza, especially with crushed red pepper and a little parmesan. Cholula also goes well, especially when you combine the normally vile butter sauce that Papa John's comes with.

Damn, I want a pizza now.

ChefCthulhu
12-31-2009, 03:03 PM
My current roommate might be a slob, but I am unable to deny one very strange food combination that he introduced me to. Take a nongreasy chain-store pizza (we used Papa John's, as an example), and dip it in applesauce. It's oddly complimentary.

I love me a nice buffalo chicken pizza with ranch dressing :)

Marfy
12-31-2009, 03:59 PM
Chinese Roommate #2 likes toast with mayonnaise. Also, plain Pringles with ketchup.

Ethan
01-01-2010, 01:22 AM
Bacon and peanut butter sandwich on thick, toasted wheat.

NevznachaY
01-01-2010, 05:23 AM
Sweet tomatoes as part of a fruit salad.

French fries with soft ice cream.

Tomm Guycot
01-01-2010, 11:36 AM
French Fries on hamburgers.

Chips on sandwiches.

mcNuggets on McRib

Kirin
01-01-2010, 01:57 PM
This recipe is actually reasonably well-known in certain circles/ethnic backgrounds, but meatballs made with grape jelly in the sauce are pretty tasty.

Also as far as fries go, the curry mustard sauce I get at Buns is amazing.

I'm pretty sure there are some other things I've had that would be perfect for this thread that aren't coming to mind right now. Maybe I'll think of them later.

(Oh, and of course cinnamon and spicy pepper in chocolate *used* to be in this category, but it's been increasingly popularized as of late - or rather rediscovered, since older central-american cultures were all over that shit.)

Alixsar
01-01-2010, 07:07 PM
French Fries on hamburgers.

Chips on sandwiches.

mcNuggets on McRib

One of these does not belong.

You...your roommate is either a God, or a fool. I intend to find out!

Silent Noise
01-01-2010, 08:07 PM
You...your roommate is either a God, or a fool. I intend to find out!

I insist that you post the before and after pictures.

Also try this out.

Step 1, Cut apple into slices,

Step 2, put moderate amount of salt on each slice,

Step 3, eat (duh),

Step 4, try not to laugh at the sensation because whenever I do this I can't not laugh.

Issun
01-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Those chocolate bars with chili pepper? Freakin' awesome.

Tomm Guycot
01-02-2010, 11:04 AM
One of these does not belong.

Have you ever TRIED it?

Sprite
01-02-2010, 11:27 AM
Have you ever TRIED it?

No but I want to soooo bad...

Lumber Baron
01-02-2010, 12:07 PM
A few of the weird food combos that I like are probably mostly the result of my high tolerance for certain tastes. To wit: Place two or three whole peppercorns on some buttered toast.

Kate or Die!
01-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Chicken 'n' pickles - like a nice breaded and fried chicken cutlet with some crunchy dill slices on top.

There's a local delicacy here known as the Bonac burger: butter and peanut butter on a roll.

mopinks
01-03-2010, 08:17 AM
maple bacon lollipops are so good.

I mean, the combination of maple and bacon isn't that weird, obviously, but something about chunks of honest-to-god bacon emerging from the depths of a lollipop as you suck on it is just obscene. it is a fantastic thing.

upupdowndown
01-03-2010, 02:20 PM
Fruit, roasted with rosemary.

Dadgum Roi
01-03-2010, 02:27 PM
Chicken 'n' pickles - like a nice breaded and fried chicken cutlet with some crunchy dill slices on top.

That's not weird, that's a Chik-Fil-A sandwich.

Gwrrrk
01-03-2010, 03:15 PM
Damnation thread. Quit making me hungry.

Salt, pepper and olive oil on watermelon chunks is supposed to be pretty delicious. I've never tried it, though.

Silent Noise
01-03-2010, 03:29 PM
I can't eat watermelon, it makes me vomit.

McClain
01-03-2010, 04:02 PM
BACON CHOCOLATE! (http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/product/bacon_exotic_candy_bar/exotic_candy_bars)

Lumber Baron
01-03-2010, 04:05 PM
I have had the bacon chocolate bar, and while interesting, it's not something I'd seek out again. The same people make some better flavor combinations.

McClain
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
I have had the bacon chocolate bar, and while interesting, it's not something I'd seek out again. The same people make some better flavor combinations.

True. I think the Red Fire is my favorite. But for this conversation, bacon chocolate is always controversial. Some people go "oh, yeah, that'd be good" and others wretch. I like the sweet and savory. I say it's kind of like a Mr. Goodbar, but smokey.

Dawnswalker
01-03-2010, 04:30 PM
You know what tastes really, really delicious but shouldn't have a right to?

Bacon chocolate-chip cookies.

Also: cupcakes made with Coca-Cola.

McClain
01-03-2010, 04:44 PM
You know what tastes really, really delicious but shouldn't have a right to?

Bacon chocolate-chip cookies.

Also: cupcakes made with Coca-Cola.

Also amazing: Bacon Chocolate Pancakes.

I've had cake made with Sprite. Also great.

Bongo Bill
01-03-2010, 05:28 PM
However if you suggest something like grapes with catsup then don't expect too much.

Grape jelly. Not whole grapes. The end product will be a sauce.

Mokrap of Croton
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
The first post made me immediately think of how much I like mustard and onions on a baked potato.

EDIT: Also, I had an un-Chinese roommate who enjoyed ketchup on plain Pringles.

Recyclable
01-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Mixing soy sauce and mayo for a dip for say steak is pretty good.

Mokrap of Croton
01-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey, that might work for me. I can enjoy mayo when it's used sparingly.

Silent Noise
01-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Baked Beans and Yellow Mustard.

I. DO. SAY.

dussssstin
01-04-2010, 07:15 PM
Spice up your apples and oranges with salt.

Also cucumber slices and vinegar, it's a Filipino thing.

Balrog
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
My old lady has a taste for Baked Sour Cream and Onion Lays, tuna (with mayo), ranch and white american cheese. It's nasty.

NevznachaY
01-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Bacon Chocolate? I had CHOCOLATE-COVERED-LARD, huzzah. It's literally a "joke" food though - there was a popular joke about Ukraine's fondness for lard that you can probably figure out by this point.

It doesn't taste well though.

Reinforcements
01-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Also cucumber slices and vinegar, it's a Filipino thing.
That's not so strange; it's basically just a cucumber salad with a vinagrette.

Wolfgang
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
My old lady has a taste for Baked Sour Cream and Onion Lays, tuna (with mayo), ranch and white american cheese. It's nasty.

When I was a kid we'd always put potato chips on our tuna sandwiches. It's good! I might do that for lunch.

Cheese with Nutella, which was actually a menu item at a tapas place I was at recently. It's an Iron Chef restaurant, so it's "legit", see.

Silent Noise
01-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Catsup mixed with fried egg yolk is wonderful.

No I'm not just saying that to get this moved to the food threads.

DemoWeasel
01-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Every little Mexican kid I know eats his/her scrambled eggs with ketchup.

Silent Noise
01-12-2010, 09:42 PM
So I heard that whipping butter or mayo into scrambled eggs makes them fluffier, I may have to try this.

Dizzy
01-12-2010, 09:44 PM

I stopped doing that when vegetarians pointed out how I was eating nothing more than (dun hi-lite if u want to be grossed out) bird fetuses. I also have to really focus on eating pizza and not the flesh Pyramid Head ripped off that woman in the Silent Hill movie.

Reinforcements
01-13-2010, 06:35 AM
I stopped doing that when vegetarians pointed out how I was eating nothing more than (dun hi-lite if u want to be grossed out) bird fetuses. I also have to really focus on eating pizza and not the flesh Pyramid Head ripped off that woman in the Silent Hill movie.
Wait, so you don't eat eggs anymore because some vegetarians grossed you out? That's not even true, eggs aren't even embryos, they're... eggs. Unfertilized eggs. Also, vegetarians who do this are assholes.

ALSO, I like ketchup on my scrambled on occasion. If not that, hot sauce. Especially chipotle tabasco.

NevznachaY
01-13-2010, 07:35 AM
People do eat bird fetuses (fetusi? what's the plural for this word?) though. Balut.

Alixsar
01-13-2010, 05:01 PM

Who the hell doesn't put ketchup on eggs? That shit is amazing.

mopinks
01-13-2010, 05:03 PM
I love sriracha or tapatio on my eggs, but ketchup? that's just barbaric.

my favorite Mexican restaurant (GOD REST ITS SOUL) used to serve an enchilada topped with a fried egg. why don't all Mexican restaurants have this on the menu?? if I'm lucky, I can find a tamal(e) topped with an egg, but that's second best.

Silent Noise
01-13-2010, 05:28 PM

Dude, you've gotta try catsup mixed with hot sauce on eggs. Before I tried this I thought that most egg dishes were terrible.

figcube
01-13-2010, 07:48 PM
I love eggs and ketchup. Scrambled or not. Over easy with tortillas. Scrambled with ham, weenies or bacon. Scrambled and used as the meat of a sandwich along with tomato, lettuce, toasted bread, and mayo. Yet putting ketchup on an egg sandwich grosses me out. I really like eggs.

dwolfe
01-13-2010, 10:00 PM

word

Pajaro Pete
01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
Ketchup is disgusting. If I want tomato flavoring with my eggs, I'll actually mix tomatoes in while cooking or, better yet, make tomato gravy. Tomato gravy. Mmmmm

Marfy
01-14-2010, 08:15 AM
When I was a kid we'd always put potato chips on our tuna sandwiches. It's good! I might do that for lunch.

My mom made tuna casserole with plain Lays on top all the damn time when I was a kid. However, this might have just been because I hated tuna casserole, but if you make something crunchy and/or salty I will eat it in a heartbeat.

Dadgum Roi
01-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Ketchup is disgusting. If I want tomato flavoring with my eggs, I'll actually mix tomatoes in while cooking or, better yet, make tomato gravy. Tomato gravy. Mmmmm

Yep.

Epithet
01-17-2010, 10:40 AM
I just ate a slice of spice cake with cranberry juice, since we didn't have any milk. It was actually pretty interesting. A nice contrast of bitter and sharp tastes.

John
01-23-2010, 09:16 AM
I had to bring this back, because I had a food epiphany last night. I was staring at the fridge, looking for anything at all that sounded appetizing. Then I saw them.

Sour Cream.

Hershey's Special Dark Syrup.

Part of me said 'that's crazy, don't even go there' but the other part said 'you know you want to, come on, taste the rainbow' or something to that effect. I mixed up a tiny portion on a plate, and gave it a taste. It was... pretty damn good! A little sweet, a little sour, but not overpowering. I put some on a chocolate chip cookie, and it was awesome.

Of course, now that I've had time to google it, it appears sour cream frosting is a very common recipe. But still! I want to find more things to put this wonder goo on.

Epistaxis
01-24-2010, 02:41 PM
According to the Japanese...shrimp and pizza.
http://www.chachich.com/mdchachi/images/trumps1.jpg

NevznachaY
01-24-2010, 03:34 PM
I had to bring this back, because I had a food epiphany last night. I was staring at the fridge, looking for anything at all that sounded appetizing. Then I saw them.

Sour Cream.

Hershey's Special Dark Syrup.

Part of me said 'that's crazy, don't even go there' but the other part said 'you know you want to, come on, taste the rainbow' or something to that effect. I mixed up a tiny portion on a plate, and gave it a taste. It was... pretty damn good! A little sweet, a little sour, but not overpowering. I put some on a chocolate chip cookie, and it was awesome.

Of course, now that I've had time to google it, it appears sour cream frosting is a very common recipe. But still! I want to find more things to put this wonder goo on.

This is a common cake around here.

http://dostavka.7cont.ru/image?id=12328

Red Hedgehog
01-24-2010, 06:45 PM
According to the Japanese...shrimp and pizza.

Or Americans. There was a pizza place in Providence that made a good shrimp pesto pizza.

dwolfe
01-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Who? What? Recipe?!

blitzchamp
01-24-2010, 09:44 PM

This and french fries :)

And I'm not Mexican...Puerto Rican.

Balrog
01-24-2010, 10:04 PM
Red Lobster has lobster pizza which is pretty awesome.

Ethan
01-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Red Lobster [...] awesome.

Does not compute.

DemoWeasel
01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Sour cream is so gross.

Silent Noise
01-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Sour cream is so gross.

Yes, you are the first person I've met that shares this opinion, although my favorite food is made with sour cream so as an ingrediant it's fine.

mopinks
01-24-2010, 11:48 PM
shrimp on pizza is just totally great. my favorite pizza place had a wonderful five cheese pizza, and I always paid the extra three bucks to get some shrimp on top. it was the best thing.

(also sour cream is awesome)

Kirin
01-25-2010, 08:04 AM
Yeah, shrimp is one of the least weird things the Japanese put on pizza. I've had some great shrimp pizza, and also an amazing crab-meat pizza (in Baltimore). Now, when they get into things like squid ink and mayonaisse...

NevznachaY
01-25-2010, 09:30 AM
Pork pate and mango chutney. There's nothing unusual in combining a fruity sauce (even one as dense as chutney) with some meat - but this still feels fusion-y.

Epithet
02-04-2010, 03:25 PM
It's not that weird, but graham crackers with jelly on top are great.

EET IS SO DECADENT.

R^2
02-05-2010, 10:39 AM
If you're putting ketchup on eggs, you're doing it wrong. Put salsa on your eggs instead. That is not doing it wrong anymore. Curry powder is also good.

Duck Lips
02-22-2010, 01:04 PM
if you ever stop to think about what's actually on a Reuben sandwich, it's enough to make you have a touch of "OMG I think just threw up a little" but why is it so f'ing delicious? One of the great mysteries of the world, I guess.

Also, on a less traditional note, I am from Texas, the land of BBQ. I add a little BBQ sauce to my tuna salad, which gives it a tang. My husband, a Canadian, swears by this creation: Tuna, Dukes Mayo, finely diced onion and a little Sweet Baby Rays!

Sekatsim
02-22-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm partial to putting thin apples slices on my tuna sandwich. It works well with both sweet apples and tarter varieties.

I was also recently introduced to the joy of toasted sourdough bread topped with a little fresh raspberry jam and melted havarti.

fumner
02-22-2010, 05:52 PM
I was also recently introduced to the joy of toasted sourdough bread topped with a little fresh raspberry jam and melted havarti.

Bread + red(ish) sauce + cheese... is this pizza? Whatever you call it, I'm going to try this.

Comb Stranger
02-22-2010, 06:01 PM
I could drink sour cream. And basically do, whenever I have baked potatoes.

Mr. J
02-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Dark Chocolate and Chili Peppers is the best chocolate combo, even better than orange.

Cake with jello poured over it. You bake the cake and then poke it full of holes and pour jello (before it sets) over the cake. To me this isn't strange but a lot of my friends freaked out when I told them about it.

Kirin
02-23-2010, 07:53 AM

You know what else is good is crackers or small toasty bread with hot pepper jelly and some nice fresh cheese.

R^2
02-23-2010, 11:31 AM
The other day I put some hot sauce into my macaroni and cheese. General opinion when I tell people seems to be "That's not actually an odd combination but it never occurred to me before so Imma go try it."

Merus
02-25-2010, 03:04 AM
I've had crocodile pizza, which made me feel like a man. Turns out crocodile meat is very rubbery and not particularly nice. You win this round, leviathan.

Chu
02-25-2010, 03:37 AM
I had some sweet potato and chocolate cookies that were great, and the roasted potato Kit Kat bars are great, so now I'm wondering how great a combination potatoes and chocolate really are. Of course, I'm not going to start drizzling chocolate sauce on mashed potatoes, but I did find this recipe for chocolate potato cake (http://www.globalgourmet.com/food/ilc/2001/0601/cake.html).

R^2
02-25-2010, 09:48 AM
Sweet potatoes are basically the best food in the whole world so combining them with anything will make any other thing better. No exceptions. None!

Comb Stranger
02-25-2010, 12:15 PM
Sweet potatoes are basically the best food in the whole world so combining them with anything will make any other thing better. No exceptions. None!

Pickles.

BŁge
02-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Natural chunky peanut butter and Branston Pickle.

Ereror
02-25-2010, 10:03 PM
5th grade, standardized test, snack time. Gummy bears impaled upon Goldfish crackers. Best thing ever.

dwolfe
02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
The other day I put some hot sauce into my macaroni and cheese. General opinion when I tell people seems to be "That's not actually an odd combination but it never occurred to me before so Imma go try it."

Hell yeah. There are few things that hot sauce doesn't improve...

BUT...

what kind of hot sauce did you use?

Queen Possum
03-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Giant Head and I went to the Vortex for dinner last night and had Elvis burgers. (http://www.cheese-burger.net/stories/the-elvis-burger-a-hunka-hunka-oh-my-god.html)

Head has had it before, but I was a peanut butter and banana burger virgin. That said, aside from the fact that mine had a little too much peanut butter (it kept sticking everything to the roof of my mouth), it was pretty tasty! We had banana bread beer with it. It was a delightful experience.

Marfy
03-06-2010, 08:53 AM
The Vortex is the place to go for weird fucking burger combos that taste delicious. They'll swap a beef patty for a veggie burger, black bean patty, turkey burger and probably some other shit too. Mmm.

Queen Possum
03-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Oh, they've got a new one, the Super Stack Heart Attack - its double a Double Coronary. For 26 bucks and a heart shunt it can be yours!

I'm partial to the Yokohama Mama tho. Teriyaki and pineapple. Totally awesome. Although I've swapped out for chicken before, and it's really just not as good as their burgers.

Kirin
03-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I put Kerala Tomato Curry in my guacamole. You might not call it guacamole anymore if you're a purist, but it's damn tasty.

Warg
01-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Tonight I went to Noodles & Company for dinner. I had their Pesto Cavatappi with Chicken.

There was Sriracha on the table.

The two in combination tasted pretty good!

Balrog
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
The other thread has triggered some cravings for things my Mom made when I was a kid:

Chef Boyardee Pizza w/ fried potatoes

Spaghetti diced up and eaten off of crackers (preferably Krispy brand saltine)

BŁge
04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Spaghetti and peanut butter.

Eggs and peanut butter.

Branston's Pickle and peanut butter.

Hito
04-08-2011, 04:10 PM
Spaghetti and peanut butter.

Eggs and peanut butter.

Branston's Pickle and peanut butter.

Are...are you pregnant?

Elements
04-08-2011, 06:19 PM
When I was a kid, I used to constantly get two pieces of bread, nibble all the crust off, lay several M&M's between the two slices, then roll it into an M&M bread ball, which I would then delight in eating. The M&M's melt a little inside, and the candy shell coloring bleeds into the surrounding bread. Yum! :p

Wolfgang
04-09-2011, 12:07 AM
I do like a peanut butter sandwich with M&Ms in it. Especially on rye bread.

eternaljwh
04-09-2011, 03:38 AM
The only way Wendy's french fries are palatable is dipped into a Frosty. My girlfriend looks at me funny every time, but salty + chocolate is a long-established culinary tradition and I refuse to waver from it.I've heard their nuggets also work well.

Less weird but still unusual, chicken nuggets (or some form of fried breaded boneless chicken) dipped in nacho cheese. That is, the kind that isn't really cheese. Only two places I've been able to get both at once...Wait, so you don't eat eggs anymore because some vegetarians grossed you out? That's not even true, eggs aren't even embryos, they're... eggs. Unfertilized eggs.

The more correct attack on palatability I've heard is comparing eggs to (don't highlight if you wish to retain appetite, unpalatable biological functions) chicken menstruation.Sweet potatoes are basically the best food in the whole world so combining them with anything will make any other thing better. No exceptions. None!I cannot stand sweet potatoes or yams, fried or in other things, or made into french fries. But I will not claim that others cannot like them.

extreme tolerance, peppercornsTake your plate of scrambled eggs. Sprinkle [ground] black pepper on until you cannot see eggs. Eat. It turned out quite well.

While not precisely tasting GOOD, I found an oddity in combination: Tabasco sauce (the basic red kind) and ground black pepper, added to the same soup, appeared to cancel out most of each others' attributes and tastes.

LBD_Nytetrayn
04-09-2011, 04:09 AM
French fries and gravy.

When I lived in NC and worked in a steakhouse and there were leftover fries from an order, it was a quick and easy way to get a potatoes 'n gravy experience, without using silverware or being even the slightest bit complicated. Just dip and go.

People thought it was weird. But now I live in Canada, and here, it's like the most natural thing ever.

Shagohod
04-09-2011, 12:24 PM
Mac and cheese + sugar

Putting Doritos chips inside a bowl of cheap ramen makes for good eats as well

fugu13
04-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Cubes of cooked potato, fresh diced tomato, fresh coarsely chopped onion, rice krispies, and one or more chutneys (we usually use a good salsa verde from the store, which is basically a chutney).

Shagohod
04-10-2011, 10:56 AM
It isn't too weird, but I mixed apple butter with cottage cheese and it's AMAZING!!!!

mopinks
04-10-2011, 04:42 PM
French fries and gravy.

I'm trying to figure out why anyone would ever consider potatoes and gravy a weird combination.

they're practically best buddies!

LBD_Nytetrayn
04-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Indeed, this defiance of logic baffled me as well.

Balrog
04-10-2011, 07:07 PM
I'm trying to figure out why anyone would ever consider potatoes and gravy a weird combination.

they're practically best buddies!

Lady
04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
strawberries + brown sugar + sour cream

Beefy Hits
04-20-2011, 02:09 PM
Tonight I went to Noodles & Company for dinner. I had their Pesto Cavatappi with Chicken.

C''mon man! Nobody calls it "Noodles & Company", it's just "Noodles"

Great place, but the cavatappi is the worst thing on the menu, IMO, just below buttered noodles.

Their mac & cheese would be good if it wasn't so dry and they put more sauce on it. You always have to order extra sauce.

95% of the time I go there, I order the Linguini. Normally I don't like linguini, but the sauce they use, along with the combination of vegetables they have in it, are perfect to me.

A good combo is Dill pickel potato chips and chocolate. Yum!

Bongo Bill
04-26-2011, 12:34 AM
No, I'm serious, though. Ketchup and grape jelly. Or cranberry sauce. Put it on meatballs.

chady
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
No, I'm serious, though. Ketchup and grape jelly. Or cranberry sauce. Put it on meatballs.

Yup yup. In my family there are two easy ways to make the sauce for cocktail meatballs: BBQ sauce and grape jelly or chili sauce and cranberry sauce. Though you could probably just combine any two of those things and still get some kickass meatballs.

One time I had some meatballs that were made with some sort of mustard and jelly/cranberry mixture and they were also pretty great.

Luana
04-26-2011, 03:49 PM
The only weird combo I can think of is cheddar cheese on top of kettle corn. It's a good salty/savory mix for me.