PDA

View Full Version : Bad Eating Decisions

Torgo
02-24-2010, 11:07 AM
Complain about your poor eating habits and indigestion here.

I made totally killer tuna salad last night, except I kind of forgot that canned tuna gives me the worst heartburn imaginable! (What can I say? It's been like ten years since it was a problem.) Twelve hours later and I still feel like crap.

Ethan
02-24-2010, 11:23 AM
In the winter months, I sometimes buy candy bars. I don't even really enjoy candy bars all that much, and I am never fulfilled after eating one, but my reptilian brain won't let me not buy the cheap shot of sugar and fat.

Knight
02-24-2010, 11:29 AM
I too am a sucker for candy bars. Every time I go to the grocery store, there's almost always a few candy bars that are on sale for half off. I wouldn't pay $1 for a damn candy bar unless I was seriously craving it, but I'll buy the brand of the week since it's only 50 cents.

Wolfgang
02-24-2010, 12:29 PM
I like chocolate way too much. It's like... if it were alcohol, I would be an alcoholic. I wish there were some kind of humorous phrase that expressed this situation!

Yes I do know the Onion article don't bother

Comb Stranger
02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Not really a bad habit, but I ate a reuben while recovering from having my wisdom teeth out. Sauerkraut + fresh stitches = bad idea.

Lucas
02-24-2010, 03:18 PM
I have to go into Mojave for work on Friday and I have a bad feeling I won't be able to resist going to Carl's Jr. and getting another grilled cheese bacon burger.

Sheana
02-24-2010, 04:11 PM
I'm a definite chocoholic myself. Actually, it's not really limited to just chocolate, it's just the one I go to the most. It's like every frickin' tooth in my head is a sweet tooth! :(

Pizza rarely does it for me anymore unless it's a fancy-pancy kind like you'd get at California Pizza Kitchen (or make similar at home), and yet I still feel like I should eat it whenever I have the opportunity.

I also gravitate towards mounds of rice and pasta waaaay too much.

Marfy
02-24-2010, 05:28 PM
Wasabi peas. Even just a few can give me a stomach ache for days on end. I love them so much!

Destil
02-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Goldfish. I'll survive for a week off one of those huge cartons and nothing else.

I'm alive only because I'm strong enough to not find out if Costco has them in bulk.

gamin
02-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Today I went through a whole box of Thin Mints. This doesn't really bother me on a health level, I'm still well below 2000 calories today despite all the chocolate.

My trouble is more economic: The drug store has them for $1 each this week so I stocked up on them, but it's not really saving money on dessert if I'm going to go through them so quickly.

spineshark
02-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Goldfish. I'll survive for a week off one of those huge cartons and nothing else.

I'm alive only because I'm strong enough to not find out if Costco has them in bulk.
I know a guy (on the internet, though I've spent several days around him in real life a couple times) who seems to subsist entirely on Goldfish and Honey Nut Cheerios. And another one who eats only fried chicken and pizza but is still skinnier than I am...which is saying something, though obviously it helps that he's a lot taller than me.

Destil
02-25-2010, 04:32 AM
I know a guy (on the internet, though I've spent several days around him in real life a couple times) who seems to subsist entirely on Goldfish and Honey Nut Cheerios. And another one who eats only fried chicken and pizza but is still skinnier than I am...which is saying something, though obviously it helps that he's a lot taller than me.

Hey, Honey Nut Cheerios are delicious, too. Sign me up!

estragon
02-25-2010, 05:12 AM
When Mister Donut puts up their "100 Yen Sale!" sign, I inevitably buy at least two donuts. I just can't resist.

mopinks
02-25-2010, 05:50 AM
I made totally killer tuna salad last night, except I kind of forgot that canned tuna gives me the worst heartburn imaginable! (What can I say? It's been like ten years since it was a problem.) Twelve hours later and I still feel like crap.

similarly: I always forget how badly tomato sauce destroys my stomach until the next day after I eat it, when my stomach gets destroyed. it is never a pretty scene.

I would probably still eat the tomato sauce, even if I did remember.

taidan
02-25-2010, 06:29 AM
Having lunch at work, rather than just snacks, usually helps me feel better. Yet I never prepare any sort of lunch for myself. It has always been my least favorite meal.

Pajaro Pete
02-28-2010, 10:43 PM
Urgh you guys over the past three days I think I have ingested about three dozen jalapeno hushpuppies. Hey Turnip it is definitely a good idea to inhale literally dozens of deep fried carb balls, you fatty fat fatso!!!

Lakupo
02-28-2010, 10:50 PM
I found a bag of Transformers-branded "Strawberried Peanut Butter" M&Ms in a valentine's day candy clearance bin at the grocery store the other day, and just opened the bag tonight. They're... they're WEIRD. But I keep eating them! What is wrong with me?

Stiv
02-28-2010, 11:08 PM
I once basted rotten chicken in white wine and honey and left it to marinate. And then ate it.

Well, tried to eat it. I almost threw up after the first bite, because I forgot the most basic rules of marinating: Don't mix alcohol and sugars, especially on rotten meat. But I would do almost anything to use the groceries I bought back in college, which is where my bad eating habits mercifully ended.

Mostly. I really like bad instant pudding. Like, the most generic kind, that costs 40c a box.

ChefCthulhu
02-28-2010, 11:24 PM
I found a bag of Transformers-branded "Strawberried Peanut Butter" M&Ms in a valentine's day candy clearance bin at the grocery store the other day, and just opened the bag tonight. They're... they're WEIRD. But I keep eating them! What is wrong with me?

Those were the best M&Ms ever!! I wish they had made giant bags of them... Or have the giant tubes of them like they have at the M&M store.

Paul le Fou
03-01-2010, 12:50 AM
I don't have any in particular except that my laziness pushes me towards bentos more often than real meals (and my real meals are like indian curry and so on so I don't know who wins on this one).

It's mostly that if there is a lot of food in front of me I will eat a lot of food. On saturday we had a get-together with all sorts of food and I ate myself into stomach pain just because it was all there. And delicious. I can't keep snacks in the house because I devour them as soon as I open them (luckily I am too lazy to go shopping often, thereby limiting my snack intake).

MetManMas
03-01-2010, 01:06 AM
Some of my bad eating habits are my extreme love for Flaming Hot Cheetos (I could eat those by the bag), my love affair with pasta and garlic, drowning foodstuffs in ketchup or barbecue sauce, my sweet tooth for chocolate foods, peanut butter foods, and graham cracker cereals, and my coffee addiction.

That said, I've actually been losing weight lately since I've been helping Mom set up at her job and eating better. I still do pasta and coffee commonly, but my belt now takes three notches to hold my pants up instead of one.

keele864
03-01-2010, 12:26 PM
I just had a "lunch" of Doritos and salsa. The salsa isn't bad, but did I really have to do the Doritos? Oh well, I've generally been eating a lot healthier of late, so I don't feel too too bad.

blitzchamp
03-02-2010, 10:56 AM
I tend to always upgrade to a footlong sub instead of six inches, because the price is usually just a dollar fifty more and I feel like I'm wasting money getting half a sub. I'm going to try to just eat sandwiches at home to avoid this in the future.

Dizzy
03-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I notice that whenever I visit a fast food restaurant, I automatically go all out and buy the most heinous crap there. Why get a Coke when I can get a huge chocolate frosty for instance? Filet-O-Fish? Salad? More like a triple decker sandwich with cheese. I figure since I'm choosing to eat like crap somewhere I might as well get knee deep in it. I don't know what to call this syndrome. Luckily it doesn't have that much of an effect on me.

I just had a "lunch" of Doritos and salsa. The salsa isn't bad, but did I really have to do the Doritos? Oh well, I've generally been eating a lot healthier of late, so I don't feel too too bad.

You're next step, if you haven't done so already, is to have Salsita chips.

Comb Stranger
03-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I tend to always upgrade to a footlong sub instead of six inches, because the price is usually just a dollar fifty more and I feel like I'm wasting money getting half a sub. I'm going to try to just eat sandwiches at home to avoid this in the future.

If you get Subway, most of them can be refrigerated and eaten later. You can get a footlong, have half for lunch, and the other half for dinner, or lunch the next day. If saving is doable, given your job/school/pimp's schedule.

blitzchamp
03-03-2010, 05:43 PM
If you get Subway, most of them can be refrigerated and eaten later. You can get a footlong, have half for lunch, and the other half for dinner, or lunch the next day. If saving is doable, given your job/school/pimp's schedule.

Good idea. Unfortunately, I don't make it back home til way after lunch. Maybe I could store it in my friends cooler in his dorm or something though.

benjibot
03-04-2010, 11:25 PM

I thought these were pretty great. Whatever you do, do not buy the cherry/chocolate M&Ms. I know, it even sounded bad to me when I saw it in the store but I still bought them.

Dizzy
03-07-2010, 05:39 PM
What the fuck? The TACO BELL DRIVE THRU DIET (http://www.drivethrudiet.com/)?

Gah.

I thought they were trolling me when I saw they were grabbing opinions on the food from paid actors. Dressed up as traffic cops and the like. Goddamn. Who's gonna fall for the Jerry Subway marketing tactic with Taco Bell?

So it was a joke.

You know fuck this. No one fools me !!

Wait, is it a joke? I'm so confused! No!

Dadgum Roi
03-07-2010, 05:52 PM
What the fuck? The TACO BELL DRIVE THRU DIET (http://www.drivethrudiet.com/)?

Shit the weight off, dude. Chicks with eating disorders have been doing it for years.

Dizzy
03-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Usually they buy those miracle diet pills that contain tapeworms. Yes, munch buddies.

Okay, I checked snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com/horrors/vanities/tapeworm.asp) about this and apparently the truth of this is undetermined but I swear I learned about this in biology class a long time ago.

Sven
03-07-2010, 09:55 PM
I eat far too large quantities of simulated bacon bits. A failure of my desire to add texture to everything.