The Return of Talking Time

The Return of Talking Time (https://www.talking-time.net/index.php)
-   Talking about music and podcast (https://www.talking-time.net/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   On the Stick podcast (https://www.talking-time.net/showthread.php?t=10430)

Stephen 07-28-2010 06:58 AM

On the Stick podcast

Because Adam demanded it, On the Stick has it's own thread.

Just to recap, On the Stick is podcast Matchstick, MCBanjoMike, Shakewell, a bunch of guests and I have been doing for a few months. We were hosted at the Cast At Demonhead site for long time, because we didn't have a name and I was already paying for that server space. Now we've got our own website and iTunes page.

There's a new episode up, check it out. Special thanks to Mike for doing the editing/production work on this one. I'll never make fun of his mom again.

The-Bavis 07-28-2010 08:15 AM

What is the subject matter of this podcast? Everywhere I could look to find out more is inaccessible to me at work. If I don't ask here and now, I will forget long before I get home where I can look.

Ethan 07-28-2010 09:30 AM

It's about microphones and dicks.

Calorie Mate 07-28-2010 09:51 AM

I meant to post in the C@D thread and say that I'm referring to you guys (Stephen, Matchstick, MCBanjoMike, Shakewell) as the "stick riders" from now on, but evidentally I forgot to. I've been thinking it for weeks, though, so good luck changing my mind!

Falselogic 07-28-2010 10:09 AM

Listened to the new episode. It's good to know that Shakewell is a pedophile. Wasn't that the consensus at the end?

As much as I like shooters it isnt enough to get me to buy that game.

reibeatall 07-28-2010 10:13 AM

How often do you guys talk about rape? Or does that only happen when me and Shakewell are together on a podcast?

Calorie Mate 07-28-2010 10:17 AM

Define "rape".

reibeatall 07-28-2010 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calorie Mate (Post 817443)
Define "rape".

I... uhh... don't think I have to...

liquid 07-28-2010 01:24 PM

Doin' a great job of selling me on this podcast, guys!

The-Bavis 07-28-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liquid (Post 817646)
Doin' a great job of selling me on this podcast, guys!

SUBSCRIBED!!!

Stephen 07-28-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-Bavis (Post 817329)
What is the subject matter of this podcast? Everywhere I could look to find out more is inaccessible to me at work.

Pay no attention to the peanut gallery. The podcast is roughly 50% videogames, 35% other forms of media, 14% nonsense... and, fine, about 1% dick jokes. But they're good ones, so it's forgivable.

reibeatall 07-28-2010 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 817764)
Pay no attention to the guys who aren't actually on the podcast.

Stephen 07-28-2010 05:07 PM

Oh, I see how it is. Sabotage from the jealous.

We'll have you guys on soon. Probably.

Alixsar 07-28-2010 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen (Post 817807)
Oh, I see how it is. Sabotage from the jealous.

We'll have you guys on soon. Probably.

And then they'll make dick jokes. About your dick. Which is small.

Like Matchstick's, which is why it's called on the stick.

I don't even know what I am saying anymore.

Falselogic 07-28-2010 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alixsar (Post 817922)
Like Matchstick's, which is why it's called on the stick.I don't even know what I am saying anymore.

It seems to me you're obsessing over the size of Matchstick's junk. We're not even a page into this thread and the homo-eroticism is so thick you could cut with a knife.

Adam 07-29-2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falselogic (Post 817933)
We're not even a minute into this podcast and the homo-eroticism is so thick you could cut with a knife.

Moirae 07-29-2010 09:43 AM

Quote:

It seems to me you're obsessing over the size of Matchstick's junk. We're not even a page into this thread and the homo-eroticism is so thick you could cut with a knife.

That's not the only thing that's thick.

Calorie Mate 07-29-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alixsar (Post 817922)
And then they'll make dick jokes. About your dick. Which is small.

Like Matchstick's, which is why it's called on the stick.

I don't even know what I am saying anymore.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moirae (Post 818255)
That's not the only thing that's thick.

...so Matchstick's is like a tuna can, then?

ShakeWell 07-29-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reibeatall (Post 817437)
How often do you guys talk about rape? Or does that only happen when me and Shakewell are together on a podcast?

No, we discuss the tree rape scene from Evil Dead in the new episode, so... I'm sorry. I feel like I cheated on you.

Stephen 08-05-2010 06:43 AM

Before I forget again, there's another On the Stick up. I bummed the original intro for this one got lost, it was pretty cool.

MCBanjoMike 08-10-2010 06:29 AM

Did you folks know that there's a new episode of On the Stick on the site? It's true!

Dadgum Roi 08-10-2010 06:48 AM

How is this one different from Cast at Demonhead? It appears to cover the same topics and have the same cast.

MCBanjoMike 08-10-2010 07:08 AM

On the Stick is a (generally) weekly show with a stable cast consisting of myself, Stephen, Shakewell and Matchstick. It mostly sticks to a format of stuff that we're playing, some news and a music segment at the end. Cast at Demonhead is Silent Snake's community-focused podcast, where he rounds up folks from the forums to talk about various stuff, generally with different people for each topic. Somtimes one of us will be a guest on his show, and sometimes we'll have a guest on ours, so there is a bit of overlap in the people involved. On the Stick started out as a sort of C@D spinoff, but has actually been going for almost 20 episodes - we just took our sweet time in finding a name for it. The two shows are pretty much independent at this point, so if the subjects of discussion seem similar then you should just chalk it up to the common interests of the people on this forum.

However! The newest show is a segment on Limbo (featuring Alixsar), and I don't think that game has been discussed on Cast at Demonhead, so it's all good.

Balrog 08-10-2010 07:27 AM

Cast at Demonhead and On the Stick are like two members of the same boy band. C@D is the serious tough guy with the goatee who underneath it all is a really nice guy. On the Stick is more of the light-hearted kid who sings falsetto.

TheSL 08-10-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCBanjoMike (Post 826812)
Did you folks know that there's a new episode of On the Stick on the site? It's true!

Well, I was thinking about maybe trying that game but there's really no point to it now.

Dadgum Roi 08-10-2010 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balrog (Post 826836)
Cast at Demonhead and On the Stick are like two members of the same boy band. C@D is the serious tough guy with the goatee who underneath it all is a really nice guy. On the Stick is more of the light-hearted kid who sings falsetto.

i like had this dream last night where they were both my boyfriend

at the same time

MCBanjoMike 08-10-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant (Post 827106)
i like had this dream last night where they were both my boyfriend

at the same time

But is there enough Grant to go around?

ShakeWell 08-14-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balrog (Post 826836)

Why are we the kid who sings falsetto? I call shenanigans on that!

Stephen 08-14-2010 05:44 PM

It's because our naturally gruff, manly voices are too harsh for the average listener.

Balrog 08-14-2010 07:31 PM

The Cure? Really? The Cure? Shake needs to sit in album of the week timeout for a bit. I mean, they have a handful of good songs (like 4 or 5) but everything outside of their singles is just mopey and uninteresting.