View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 12:57 AM
Phantastic Oil

Pronouns: He/Him

*knock knock knock*

You're excused. Don't let it happen again.

Looks like Ash heard that burp through the door. I think the jig might be up, Grog.

(In case it's not clear, that last frame is totally a belching animation.)

Well, at least he's a high-class drunk.

Be careful, Ash: he looks mean, he smells drunk, and those bottles that he's dual-wielding look like they have some heft.

"We want to hire you and your ship to take us to Gillbaris island. Of course we will pay you handsomely."

I'm surprised that Clint's not suggesting that we arrest ourselves for unlawful entry.

Dare I hope that Ash is suggesting that we all have a drink and join Grog on the floor?

Not so much. The screen fades to black and then fades back in to imply the passage of time here. I guess everyone just stood there watching him drink for a few hours? I don't know where the rest of the party is during this
scene, but I like to think that they've been left to wait at the tavern, where Kira is buying drinks for Eleni while Huxley frets.

I dunno, Ash. Grog doesn't look like he needs much in the way of protection, so if he's worried, maybe you should be worried too.

Ash agrees to this ridiculous challenge without hesitation. I think all of these effortless victories are starting to go to his head.

Ash and Clint file out the front door without even acknowledging Diego's concern. That's stone cold, guys.

Grog's concerned for our safety, but not so concerned that he makes any effort to stop us or bothers to get his ass up off the floor. Grog is a man who has his priorities in order.

Surely Ash doesn't expect us to go fight a sand monster while sober?

Will we, Ash? Will we really? I'm going to hold you to that.