View Single Post
Old 05-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Phantastic Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
2) You probably can if you took the time to learn the formulas and crunched numbers. But who's got time for that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post
To be fair, you could probably get accuracy and damage estimates from your stats and your enemy's stats in any game, as long as you know how to get them.
I haven't spent enough time reacquainting myself with it yet to be certain, but I don't think attack damage is entirely deterministic here. I ran though that first battle a few times to play around and get some screenshots, and I'm pretty sure bumping the exact same dudes up against each other in the same conditions didn't always give the same damage numbers. I can certainly understand why that would bother some people, but I like it, in that it makes the game feel less like an optimization math problem with a "correct" solution when compared to FE and FFT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
I thought ALL CAPS MONOSPACE FONT was a relic of the 8-bit days.
SEE, YOU MISUNDERSTAND. THEY'RE ALL JUST REALLY EXCITED TO BE IN THIS COOL GAME.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleshng View Post
It could be so much worse.

I'll take the low-set ears and giant noses over dead eyed realism and weapons floating over hands at weird angles any day.
You keep that dirty filth out of my thread, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googleshng View Post
It also plays a lot better animated than it does in still screens.
You speak truth here, though, so I'll forgive you. This time.