Originally Posted by RT-55J View Post
DK Cecil, Tellah, Edward, Yang, Cid
Do it.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:01 AM
earthquake ace

Pronouns: Any
Default part 1/5

Chapter 13: This Was Easier In FFIV Advance

Welcome back! Our itinerary for today will be to drop off Kain, Edge, and the twins while picking up Tellah, Cid, Edward, and Yang.

First up: the moon! No, really.

We come here, to Cave Bahamut. I'm not...quite ready for most of the random battles here, so I'll be running a lot.

On the first floor, we find the Dragon Mail and Dragon Shield. Each of these protects against Fire, Ice, and Bolt, as well as against monsters with the Dragon race. Resistances don't stack, so it's best to spread these out.

The second floor has the Dragon Helm and a second Dragon Mail. Cecil and Kain are pretty well-equipped at this point.

The spiked tiles in this cave that had Behemoths in the original don't exist here, so there are no required fights.

Here on the third floor, there's a save point added, if you need to use it. I continue on, and head up to the shrine to meet the God of Summons.

Quote:
Bahamut: ...

Bahamut: Thou art a special
one indeed... who art thou?

Cecil: I am...

Bahamut: NO! The Dragoon...

Kain: Me?

Bahamut: Yes... thou seemst
familiar... Ricard, is it
not?

Kain: Ricard was my
father's name. I strive
to live up to his legacy.

Bahamut: And so it shall
be.

Bahamut: Approach me, son
of Ricard.

Bahamut: Thou wishest to
transcend mastery of
Dragoonhood and surpass
even your father?

Kain: ... I do.

Bahamut: Then I shall train
thee myself. But first I
require proof of thy
courage.
But the Feymarch didn't have a rat tail...

O-oh.

Quote:
Cecil: Don't worry Kain,
we can take him!

Bahamut: NO! Thy comrades
cannot help thee. Thou
must pass or fail this
test by thine own merit.

Kain: I am ready.

Bahamut: Then let us begin.

Time to fight Bahamut, Dragon-to-Dragoon! As usual, Bahamut counts down from 5 to 0, upon which he uses Mega Flare. After a while, he starts counting again. Normally, the plan is to put Reflect up on everyone and watch him immolate himself. Kain...doesn't have that option.

So we use Plan B:

Get the hell out of the way. Telling Kain to jump about halfway between 2 and 1 is fairly consistent for avoidng Mega Flare. He has far less HP here than in the base game, so the battle doesn't literally take five years. And since Bahamut does nothing except Mega Flare, it's pretty tough to screw this up once you have the Jump timing down.

After about four or five attempted Mega Flares, Bahamut bites it. (Kain gets 35000 XP from this...not that it matters.)

Quote:
Bahamut: The rest of you...
Leave with my blessing.
With that, we're teleported out, sans Kain. With that done, let's go back to the Blue Planet.

To get to the next place on our travel list, we need to go borrow a Black Chocobo from Toroia's North Chocobo Forest.

Thaaaaaat's right!

We're going to Cave Magnes!

screw you tellah

Quote:
But be careful... you can't
fight with metal items in
here. Are you prepared?
If so, let's proceed!
whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Anyway yeah. Time to arrange my equipment. Cecil is immediately written off as a lost cause. I shuffle off his Black Cowl and hand it to Edge, who has to take off his swords. Fortunately, shuriken aren't metal, apparently, because he can Throw them just fine. The twins and the sage himself largely don't care about metal in the first place.

You may see now why I tossed Kain first.

And yes, Tellah joins at level 20, just as he left, with the same spells he knew then...though he does know Meteo, with its 99 MP cost against his 45 max MP.

Apparently I was wrong; I'd forgotten about Porom's Mystic Hammer which is almost certainly weighing her down. Well, I don't need her for this fight, and I can fix it right after.

This first floor has a Fairy Rod, a Wooden Hammer, and a Wooden Shield. Don't be fooled by the shield; it's arguably better to leave Cecil paralyzed, but well-defended.

Besides, it's not worth fighting monsters here. They're the same Cave Magnes foes as always, and even if the EXP was worth it (it's not), a single Bio from Palom all but wipes every battle clean.

A chest over here contains an enemy that many people probably never see; the Roc is normally found over near Eblan on the Overworld, but nobody ever walks more than one square there. It's been beefed up for UC; it can petrify on-hit and has more HP than Bahamut does above. It also attacks twice, so watch out for that petrification. It's not considered a boss, though, so any status effects work, like Blind, Charm, or what-have-you.

The reward is the Venom Axe, which...no one here can use right now. Womp womp.

Tellah also gains a level from it, and--

wait a second.

Is that--

His MP went up! Sure, it's only one point, but maybe he'll eventually be able to cast Meteo without dying!
Old 01-22-2018, 03:04 AM
earthquake ace

Default part 2/5

Anyway. In the next room.

The Dark Elf has the tome Tellah seeks!

Quote:
YOU CANNOT USE METALLIC
WEAPONS.
YOU CANNOT DEFEAT ME.

Cecil: Don't worry!
Tellah: We'll do it!

Hey look it's Astos a Wizard the Dark Elf! The Dark Elf is absurdly resistant to magic; the only spell we have that could possibly scratch him is the Big One that I can't cast. So this battle ends up being a showcase in why Edge is Good, Actually, as he tosses Fuma Shuriken after Fuma Shuriken at the Dark Elf while everyone else buffs him and heals.

His Fire2/Bolt2/Ice-2 triplecast is completely nullified by a single Cure2 from Porom. Next, he casts Stop...

...on Cecil. He tried???

Then he uses Flare which...yeah okay, that one hurts. Then he tries a Demi which fails.

Then he dies without ever transforming into the Dark Dragon.

Woooo! More spells to not have the MP to spend!

They weren't kidding; he gets every spell. This is the first time we've seen some of the high-level stuff like [Elem]-3, Comet, or Quake. And with the party you guys have set up for me, the last time.

The dungeon disallows Exit for whatever reason, so I have to walk out.

Our next port of call is...Baron Castle?

Cid's assistants tinker on a ship for a while...

I hate this.

Quote:
You can hook and carry the
hovercraft if you fly
directly above it and
press the A button.

Now you can access many
more areas in the over
world.
A little bit fourth-wall leaning, but I think this was in the original game, so I'll give it a pass.

Quote:
Cecil: Cid is a genius!
Thank you for your help!

No problem! Well, good
luck!

And now we have the Enterprise! But what was the point of all that?

To take this over here! There's a cave off the shore of Eblan that can only be reached via hovercraft; in the original, this leads to the Eblan Hideout. Here... well, you'll see.

Many of the random battles are mechanical enemies, as seen here. Curious. It's worth fighting them because we need to catch Tellah up, but they aren't very nice.

Going through the south exit, we end up...

You've got that right, Edge. Where is this???

Quote:
Edge: It's like we're in
some kind of giant robot!

Edge: This must be where
the monsters invading
Eblan are coming from!

Cecil: Let's investigate.
So, yeah. This is the entrance to the Giant of Babil. Time to wreck a robot!

The first chest we see is trapped, with a Last Arm. They're like Alerts but they don't summon monsters and instead don't do much. The chest holds the Defender Sword, who...no one can equip.

I got a picture of the second one.

It had the Gungnir Lance, which as you can imagine, is 100% useless for us except to Throw.

The Lung is large and empty...
Old 01-22-2018, 03:06 AM
earthquake ace

Default part 3/5

In the next room...

Lugae walks in! (How is he still alive?)

Quote:
Lugae: Well, well! Who do
we have here!

Edge: Lugae! I thought we
finished you off in the
tower!

Lugae: Wee-hee-hee! You
can't get rid of me! Soon
my masterpiece will be
ready to emerge and wreak

havoc on the overworld!
Behold! The Giant of
Babil!

Edge: Not if we stop you
right here and now!

Lugae: Yikes!
Lugae runs off after that threatening display.

Quote:
Edge: I'll go after him.
You take out the CPU!

Cecil: Right!

And now we fight the CPU, with very possibly the worst party that could possibly fight the CPU. The core itself will put up Reflect as soon as any magic touches it, and I was an idiot and left Cecil with the Avenger. So what I end up doing is swapping Cecil to the back row and everyone else to the front, giving Porom the Mystic Hammer, and letting her whack these Robot-type enemies to death. Tellah, meanwhile, heals the Attacker node so that stray damage from Cecil doesn't end up killing it.

That doesn't work very well. So my new plan is to load state and change out Cecil's weapon. It works much better; Cecil does trivial damage with his sword, though, so I still end up having Porom beat it to death.

It's around this time that I remember that Tellah has Displ. I use that to drop the CPU's Reflect so Palom can hammer it with Bios. That makes things go much faster.

Case in point.

After doing about enough damage, I let Palom use Quake to finish them both off at once.

We head out the back door as the Giant rumbles, escaping to the Eblan Hideout.

Quote:
to stay here. My people
need their prince.

Cecil: Of course. You've
been a great help and I
know Eblan will be safe
in your hands!
We walk off, but Edge stops us.

Quote:
Edge: Hey.

Edge: Here, take this
with you.

...Um.

Quote:
Edge: I stole it from
Lugae. He called it
'pure potential'... not
sure what that means...

Cecil: Only one way to
find out. Thanks, Edge.

And now we're back on the Overworld, with 100% less ninjas and 100% more...

...whatever this is.

...dang it, now I can't throw these useless weapons! That'll free up some space to sell them, at least...

Anyway, let's go show Cid his airship's finished!

Quote:
Cecil: Of course! It's
your brainchild, after
all.
To the ship!

No. It's bad enough we've got the name.

Quote:
Cecil: What's that behind
us?

Is that a ship following us...?

Quote:
Cecil: Is that one of the
Red Wings?...
Cid: Impossible! Rosa
and I took them all out.

Well whoever they are, they're firing!

Quote:
Cecil: It almost looks
like it has no pilot!
Cid: Did they rebuild
one and automate it?

Cecil: I think we're about
to find out!

Cid: Brace for impact!!

If only we had Rosa, she'd be able to one-shot this guy. :P

Anyway, its...AI is to Reflect itself, Reflect the party, then bounce spells off of itself for a few turns. I'm going to let Tellah dispel its Reflect and watch it kill itself.

Mmm, yes, just like that.

This will never not be hilarious.

It actually ends up dealing the finishing blow to itself. I swear I didn't plan that one.

Cid rejoins at level 40; this makes him the highest-leveled unit in the party. I give him some Genji and Dragon gear to help his defenses; he's now also the tankiest unit in the party.
Old 01-22-2018, 03:08 AM
earthquake ace

Default part 4/5

Next up, let's see what this 'Serpent Road' was that the Elder mentioned. The entrance is in Mysidia.

He warned us it'd be haunted; everything seems fine so far. Then we step on the warp, and the building shakes.

UH HEY THERE BUDDY, HOW ABOUT THAT PERSONAL SPACE?

The EvilWall is back! And it moves fast. It gets like six attacks off before anybody can get theirs. After 16 attacks, it starts Crushing.

It's weak to Holy, so Tellah can get good damage on it. Once. It also counts as a Robot, so Cid is wrecking its day.

It doesn't have much HP, so it falls before anybody gets crushed. (Ignore the gradual petrify; it counters magic with Calcify.)

Leave? I think leaving is a good plan.

Quote:
Cecil: What?...... ...

Wait... No!

Palom: There's no other
way!
Porom: Thank you for all
you've done for us!

Cecil: DON'T!!

;_;

Well... the slots are open now...

King Santos said they were good kids...

...Let's go find Edward. Last time we saw him, he was in Toroia. Unfortunately, the doctor and nurse only tell us about where Tellah went, not noticing he's with us now.

...maybe he went to rebuild Damcyan?

I don't see him anywhere around the castle...but wait, I do remember there was a little side door.

Down here, there's quite a lot of treasure. 30,000 GP, a Gladius Knife...

And what's this?

We hear Edward speak as we approach.

Quote:
Tellah: Son-in-law!

Edward: Tellah! Glad to see
you again! Did you ever
find that book you were
looking for?

Tellah: Indeed! Now don't
just stand there, come
along! We'll give Golbez
what for!

Edward: That sounds all
well and good, but...
Anna's spirit has been
visiting me, and I'm

afraid if I leave, she'll
miss me...
You know, it's often said that in The After Years, Edward is the only intelligent person in the cast. I would argue that this is also the case for the base game.

UC seemed to miss that memo.

Quote:
Tellah: Nonsense!
Son-in-law, Anna is
gone now, and there's
nothing we can do to

change that. We will have
plenty of time to ourn
after we save the planet.

Edward: You're right, of
course...

Anna: Father! Edward!
what

Quote:
Anna: Edward!
Edward: Anna, dear...
I must go now.

Anna: Edward!
Don't go!
Don't leave me alone!

Edward: But Cecil needs
my help to stop Golbez
from taking over the
world...

Don't you want me to
help? Don't you want me
to be brave and show my
courage?

Anna: No! Don't go!
I want you to stay here
with me...

...FOREVER!
With that, Edward's knocked aside.

Quote:
possessing her spirit!
Son-in-law! Trap her in
our world with your song
while we exorcise her!

Edward: Right!

Edward starts playing a tune.

Quote:
Anna: What is this!? I'm
trapped... I can't return
to the spirit world!

And now we fight Anna?! She alternates between Fight and Charm, Slap, Bluster, Hug (so fight -> charm -> fight -> slap -> [...]). Aside from her 30K HP, she's not that threatening, though we do only have three party members. I end up having to swap Cid and Cecil to Aegis Shields to protect against Bluster and Hug.

Tellah's Holy is arguably worth the huge relative MP cost.

After far too long with my crippled offense, she dies.

Quote:
Anna: Edward......
Do not let Golbez have
dominion over the Earth.

You loved me.
Now, give your love to
all of your people.

Edward: I will, Anna...

... I promise!

Quote:
Anna: Father...

Tellah: My dear sweet
daughter...

Anna: Don't let your
thirst for revenge
consume you.

Otherwise, you risk
becoming just like him.

Tellah: Anna...

Anna: Farewell!
She leaves behind the Requiem Harp for Edward.

He joins the party at level 41. He almost has 800 whole HP!

He's also gotten a slight upgrade. Salve is now Regen. Once he uses it, everyone gains 100 HP every few seconds for the rest of the battle. Frankly, it's a little bit absurd.

As for songs, he's picked up a couple more. Image Song adds Blink to everybody, which is exactly as absurd as it sounds.

Magic Song restores a moderate amount of MP to everybody. Did someone say "Tellah battery"?
Old 01-22-2018, 03:09 AM
earthquake ace

Default part 5/5

Anyway, last but not least (we just did least), there's Yang. Let's go check Fabul.

As it turns out, the King is still dang hurt. We've literally been to the Moon, and he can't shake off...what, a papercut?

Oh I suppose that's a little less pathetic.

And that explains where Yang is. Now where to find this 'SeaRuby'...

...to be perfectly honest, I'm not sure where the clue is here. So instead, I'll just skip to the destination.

The Mythril Mines!

oh don't tell me this is a mini dungeon

*sigh* well at least i have tellah with every spe--

Wait is there no Mini spell? So do I just...go in?

Sure enough, down we go, with no way up. We have Exit, it'll be fine.

Welcome to the Mythril Mines, the last 'new' dungeon in Unprecedented Crisis! It's a lot like the Underground Waterway, with water areas you have to walk through.

It's actually pretty straight-forward. In the second room, we find a chest with the Thor Hammer; an upgrade for Cid. An interesting thing to note: the creator has stated that the Thor Hammer was intended to cast Ramuh when evoked; however, evoking summons didn't work properly, so it had to be changed. (It evokes for Magnet. Could've at least given us Bolt3...)

Monsters here are similar to the Ice Mines, so you shouldn't really have trouble with them unless you came here with Cecil alone. It's decent EXP for Tellah.

Another chest holds a Muramasa Katana. Kind of worthless for us, whoops...

But this isn't! The Blood Harp does exactly what you'd expect.

More importantly, Edward's attack is almost respectable now! I mean, it's not Cid's 7x181, but it's fine.

It's fine.

We come up to a big room that splits into two paths. We take the left path first. It has chests with the Triton Dagger and the Slasher Axe. The latter is a good option for Cid when he needs to hit an Ice weakness, and the former...well, it would be good for Edge, but Edward doesn't really want something that isn't a harp, even if he can technically equip it.

We also find Yang!

Quote:
and needs the SeaRuby. We
need to get it from this
monster's nest.

Cecil: Let's do it!

A Sealion? A Sealion?

ugh, look, i'm not really in the mood to discuss the proof that golbez is evil, no my unwillingness to prove it doesn't mean it's not true, just shut up shut up shut up

Thank you.

(To be serious, this is a real tough fight. The Sealion does nothing but spam Wave, which does some fraction of its current HP, which starts at 40,000. Well, it also counters Fight commands like the Antlion, but that's trivial damage. Early on, it will nearly murder Cecil, Cid, and Yang, and it will murder Edward and Tellah, though those two have the best chance of outright dodging it. Tellah's Bolt3s are hitting for about 7000, so keep him fed with MP and alive and you should be alright.)

Quote:
Yang: Now let's go heal
the King!

Yang joins our party; he's level 41 like Edward was.

Now to get out of here...let's try that right fork earlier.

There's a rather obvious hidden passage which leads to this empty chamber...huh.

Or...not so empty? (There's a save point before the hidden passage, if you needed to heal before the Sealion.)

DO A STUPID THING? Y/Y

It puts us out here, which is real convenient.

Anyway, to Fabul!

Quote:
King: Cecil, take this
sword. A Holy Knight who
came to Fabul left this
long ago.

But there are no queens on the Blue Planet...

Oh good, money. Let's go let Yang's Wife know he's okay.

...no, that's it. I can just hear that in a condescending voice, too. "Oh, I'm so proud of you! Do you want a cookie?"

Anyway, that wraps things up! Here's our party after this round-the-worlds venture:

Next time, we take the fight to Golbez and finish this once and for all! Please look forward to it!
Old 01-22-2018, 03:50 AM
Not much of a donkey

Pronouns: He/Him

Damn, Edward is packing in this version. I admit I was worried about healing with our party since Tellah's MP is anemic but it looks like Edward attacks that problem from several directions at once.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:55 AM
on a break

Pronouns: He him

Man this party building is goofy.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:30 AM
Brain Genius

Pronouns: he/him

Can't say I expected a TARDIS reference in this random FF4 hack... what the hell
Old 01-22-2018, 06:47 AM
Phantastic Oil

I can smell how proud these folks were of those dumb in-jokes in that Balnab Z fight.

"Son-in-law!" Yup, that's definitely how Tellah would address Edward, to the exclusion of all other forms of address. Maybe he forgot his name? I'm going to go with that. Senility is a terrible thing.

ETA: Why would they take the cool giant robot dungeon and put it underground, where it can't be a giant robot?
Old 01-22-2018, 06:51 AM
Not much of a donkey

They seem to be on better terms in this version than the base game since Edward helped Tellah recover from Meteo instead of Tellah falling over dead. That's one of the changes in this version that makes sense.

Another is since Leviathan didn't power-up Rydia there was nobody to save the party from Golbez so he just flat out won.

Most of the rest of these changes seem...arbitrary.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:51 AM
on a break

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
I can smell how proud these folks were of those dumb in-jokes in that Balnab Z fight.

"Son-in-law!" Yup, that's definitely how Tellah would address Edward, to the exclusion of all other forms of address. Maybe he forgot his name? I'm going to go with that. Senility is a terrible thing.
He really should just have called him BARD or Spoony exclusively.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:53 AM
Phantastic Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitayre View Post
That's one of the changes in this version that makes sense.
He calls him "Son-in-law" 3 times in one short conversation. That's not how people talk.
Old 01-22-2018, 06:58 AM
Funko Superfan

Quote:
"The situation should be improved?" Was that an attempt at bad translation humor?
Old 01-22-2018, 07:02 AM
Phantastic Oil

The bad jokes and references will continue until the situation improves.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:31 AM
The Goggles do Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
He calls him "Son-in-law" 3 times in one short conversation. That's not how people talk.
Tellah just lost his daughter. However, if one good thing could come of this, it's worming his way into Damcyan royalty on a technicality. Tellah has got a Sand Ruby pyramid scheme brewing that could make his retirement very comfortable. Son-in-law? I have a proposition for you...
Old 01-22-2018, 07:36 AM
on a break

So is tellah programmed to only start gaining levels after a plot point, or is it by level? Will he ever gain a LOT per level?
Old 01-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Yes, let's feast!

Pronouns: he

Presumably, if you'd leveled him past 20 at the very start of the game, you could've gotten more MP out of him.

Am gagging at "TARDIS."
Old 01-22-2018, 08:04 AM
Funko Superfan

TARDIS kinda makes a certain sort of sense. Enterprise is a reference to Star Wars after all. It's still terrible and reference humor is dated af but at least it's slotting into a hole the original game provided.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:56 AM
Brain Genius

I guess so... but explicitly spelling out what it stands for is way more over the top than just slapping "Enterprise" in a text box.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:56 AM
on a break

I give the TARDIS joke a pass because of how the airships (and really any building/vehicle) in this art style is indeed "bigger on the inside"
Old 01-22-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post

Quote:
You can hook and carry the
hovercraft if you fly
directly above it and
press the A button.

Now you can access many
more areas in the over
world.
A little bit fourth-wall leaning, but I think this was in the original game, so I'll give it a pass.
Airships have buttons too. It can be an "A" button!
Old 01-22-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aturtledoesbite View Post

Down here, there's quite a lot of treasure. 30,000 GP, a Gladius Knife...

Grave robber! No wonder Anna gets violent...
Old 01-22-2018, 02:06 PM
I have a Plan

Okay so nobody discussed the fact that the twins nobly sacrificed themselves to save the team from DEATHWALLS, as they did in the original, and turtle thought that was weird.

So I thought about it for a second and came to the conclusion: the UC version makes the scene actively worse.

Mechanically it's pretty viable: you're trying to clear out some space in your party to customize your party for the final step in the journey, I get it, and it's not exactly easy to remove two characters at once even if it is the wonder twins.

From a plot perspective (and this hack does care about plot to a degree), it's worse, because this happens just after the EvilWall fight, which means that they were forced to heroically sacrifice themselves because you got into a cutscene loss after fighting a wall.

Food for thought.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:08 PM
earthquake ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalir View Post
From a plot perspective (and this hack does care about plot to a degree), it's worse, because this happens just after the EvilWall fight, which means that they were forced to heroically sacrifice themselves because you got into a cutscene loss after fighting a wall.

Food for thought.
And go the extra step: The Serpent Road does not give us access to any place that we could not simply fly to on, I dunno...

...the huge whale sitting right outside?
Old 01-22-2018, 02:52 PM
earthquake ace

Bonus Chapter: The Serpent Road

Hello there! We're gonna take one small detour before going to the Moon (again) and talk about what Palom and Porom gave their lives for: the Serpent Road!

In the base game, the Serpent Road connects Mysidia to Baron, in what has to be the most contrived scenario; if the writers didn't need a way to get Cecil from Mysidia to Baron, it would not exist.

UC changes it up some.

So here's the entrance to the Serpent Road (poor twins...). Stepping on the teleporter brings us...

...here? What's this place?

Quote:
Damcyan Fabul Toroia
Kaipo Mythril Mist
Agart Baron Eblan
What could it mean...?

I wonder...

Anyway, yes. Each door here leads to the aforementioned towns. The catch...

...is that each one is a TrapDoor! Same trick as always, Search -> Demolish. They're Robot-type, so Cid breaks them in half...though usually not before it kills someone, because Cid is slow.

*nine TrapDoors later...*

Once the door's cleared, you can use it to go to the town in question.

For example, going through the Damcyan teleporter dumps you here.

"But wait," you ask. "Couldn't you strand yourself somewhere if you have no way of getting to an airship?"

You could!...if these teleporters were one-way. See, every single one of those places has a Serpent Road that you can use to return to Mysidia. Some are more deviously-hidden than others, though. They aren't usable until you kill their TrapDoor, though.

Damcyan:

This is the side basement that held treasures. The room to the right is Anna's shrine.

Fabul:

The secret path in the throne room that leads to three treasure chests is extended, letting you go to this stairway which holds the Serpent Road.

Toroia:

I believe this building was an additional Training Room in the FF2 release, while it didn't exist in SFC FF4.

Kaipo:

Ditto above.

Mythril:

As I recall, this was an empty house that didn't even have an 'inside'.

Mist:

This building didn't have a door before. There's a path through the trees you can take to get here.

Agart:

I've completely forgotten what this building used to be.

Baron:

Did I need to show this one? Probably not.

Eblan:

It took me an embarrassingly long time to find this...

Just off the entrance to the main hall.

So, you may be asking what the point is, when you can just fly to these places? The answer is, not much! But I do have one good reason...

You can get all of the airships together at last!

Anyway, enough screwing around.

Next time, the moon at last! Please look forward to it!
Old 01-22-2018, 03:31 PM
on a break

a lot of this hack is bewildering until I remember it's sort of a proof-of-concept for the editor, so probably this serpent road thing was something he still wanted to show off even if it has no real purpose in this one.
Old 01-22-2018, 04:21 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Pronouns: he

They could have at least tried the door. The way it happens here makes it look like the twins are really eager to try out this one cool trick (doctors hate them!).

What happens if you try to recruit someone with a full party?
Old 01-22-2018, 04:47 PM
Brain Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
Ooh, this is a great question
Old 01-22-2018, 05:25 PM
earthquake ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
Generally, the character to recruit will say something like "oh, don't worry about my problem, you've gotta go stop golbez". Tellah won't let you in the door to Cave Magnes, Edward wallows about, Yang continues to stare down the Sealion, and Cid doesn't ask for a joyride.

From what I understand, Rosa's scenario (which we didn't get to) is bugged in that you'll still do the scenario if your party's full, but Rosa doesn't join you; even if you empty a slot afterward, she won't join.

Tags
bonk! , fiend of esuna , fiend of snul , final fantasy iv , gillionaire , let's play , penalty for being bard , red dwarf , romhack , the laughter years