The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Let's Play Already

Old 05-22-2018, 02:08 PM
Holy Swine

I choose to believe this was created by Dilbert-guy Scott Adams because it's funnier to me that way.

I like how when Hulk gets dosed with the Anti-Hulk Gas, his immediate response is to say "GAS". A very literal creature.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:33 PM
クソゲーが好な人

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerad View Post
I like how when Hulk gets dosed with the Anti-Hulk Gas, his immediate response is to say "GAS". A very literal creature.
I was noting elsewhere that it seems like law that if characters are being exposed to harmful gas, one of them needs to exclaim "GAS!" or "IT'S GAS!" before the action begins. This especially holds true in comic books and comic book media.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:54 PM
Holy Swine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
I was noting elsewhere that it seems like law that if characters are being exposed to harmful gas, one of them needs to exclaim "GAS!" or "IT'S GAS!" before the action begins. This especially holds true in comic books and comic book media.
Makes sense! It's cool that his game is being consistent with the original medium like that!
Old 05-22-2018, 03:02 PM
I <3 janeelle morae

IF they remade this game for the modern day I feel like they'd be obligated to, while in Hulk mode, echo successful typed commands in all caps prefaced with "HULK"

Like, with some text adventures you get confirmation like
">Take Lamp
You take the lamp. The lamp is warm, as though it had been used recently, but based on its dulled exterior, seems to have not been well-cared for"

whereas here it would be
"HULK TAKE LAMP
HULK LIKE WARM FEELING. WHY LAMP NOT SHINY?"
Old 05-23-2018, 10:10 AM
till the sheriff stops by

Questprobe featuring The Hulk

Issue #2
Journey into Misery!

Last issue, the Hulk found himself in a Fuzzy Area and because he always does what a sign he reads tells him, the Hulk drops the gems he's collected thus far. After checking his score (my favourite part of the Hulk comics), he decides to move on in the Northern direction, only to find.

I... I was not expecting this. I have to check five or six times that Steve Gerber had nothing to do with this game, because this is totally a development I'd expect from Howard the Duck, the Defenders or Man-Thing. So, Hulk is in an office and some cosmic entity named the Chief Examiner is doing work on his computer. I decide to check out the program he's working on.

Raargh! Self-promotion make Hulk ANGRY! SMASH SCOTT ADAMS' APPARENT AUTHOR SURROGATE!

The Chief Examiner doesn't give me a chance to fight and claims that he isn't ready for me yet and that he still needs to work on some stuff. He sends me back to the field. I wander in a direction until I end up in a strange room.

There's a "Natter Energy Egg" and a "Bio-gem". Also, a gas has just turned me back into Bruce Banner. I better be careful. I decide to carefully look at the egg.

The egg explodes. I am dead. Wow. Didn't even give me a fucking chance to do anything, did you, game? OK, so I end up in Limbo. I once again bite my tongue and start again. This time, I choose a different direction and end up in a place with a big hill, covered in tiny holes and a gem.

I pick up the gem.

Oh. Alien ants. I better take a look at them before doing anything rash.

Yep, that's an ant. And they are swaming.

What a grotesque way to die. I mean, they went for my friggin' eyes. That's horrifying. Turns out looking at an alien ant farm is as bad as listening to them, but are also far less bland and toothless. Take that, band I'm only vaguely familiar with. Well, I go back to the ants and decide to smash them. That'll show them what's what.

Well, that didn't help. LEAVE HULK'S EYES ALONE! Shit, thank's for robbing me of my fantasy of being an unstoppable clobber machine, Scott Adams. Do you seriously not know who the Hulk is and how he solves problems? Because it isn't by digging a hole in the ground. Which I end up doing.

Not sure what I accomplished with this, but it's done. Since they bothered making pictures, this is probably important. I wander around for a bit again only to discover that I'm trapped in that room with the egg and the gem again, but none of them are there!

Also, the room is slowly filling up with gas. I've turned into Bruce Banner! And there's no exit. I examine the walls and find only scratch marks! Is there a way out? Tune in next time to find out! (I might need help here...)

To Be Hulktinued...

NEXT ISSUE!: Bruce Banner escapes the room! I hope.

'Nuff Said!

Old 05-23-2018, 11:07 AM
Mystery Contraption

Oh my god...

Nothing could have prepared me for the sight of the Chief Inquisitor sitting at his desk.

That’s just... I...

Yes. Yes please.
Old 05-23-2018, 11:33 AM
Funko Superfan

I'm sorry for your pain but I love seeing you bang your head against Scott Adams adventure logic.

Good luck!(?)
Old 05-23-2018, 11:57 AM

It gets worse/better. So much worse/better.
Old 05-23-2018, 12:30 PM
Threadcromantosaurus Rex

What I find most upsetting is the decision to have the text scroll up behind the artwork.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:37 PM
Phantastic Oil

*To the tune of Captain Kirk is Climbing a Mountain*
The Incredible Hulk is digging a hole...
Why is he digging a hole?
Old 05-25-2018, 11:02 AM

Questprobe featuring The Hulk

Issue #3
Domesday!

Last issue, Bruce Banner found himself trapped in an underground room. Maybe something in his inventory can help him.

Doesn't look like it. I try a few more things (trying to fight the wall. Examining the Wall, Floor, Ceiling, Biting Tongue, Having a hissy fit. Then poison gas fills the room and I die.

I end up at my starting point and bite my tongue and leave the dome again. Then something occurs to me. I lift the dome! Yay, it works. And I find a gem.

Something else occurs to me. I kept assuming that everywhere I went, I'm seeing the same dome off in the distance. What if I'm seeing many different domes. Sure enough, I lift domes and find gems. Then I go inside another dome...

Almost the same, except there isn't a delay button. I go further to find this nightmare (where I turn into Bruce Banner again).

This doesn't look good. Against my better judgment, I try to grab some wax, maybe to plug up the mesh...

Good news: I'm not dead. Bad news: I can't get the wax. The bees sting me into the Hulk but the gas turns me back. It's a real piece of shit 22. I decide to look at the bees.

Spooky, yes, but at least this guys aren't going for my eyes like some jerks. Anyway, I decide to collect more gems. I even return to the starting point to look at the ring in the floor, maybe in the hopes that I can get a clue.

Nope.

I also enter the remaining unexplored dome. But there is nothing there.

But in lifting it, I get this fun picture (which only used for this dome for some reason.

Neat. Also, here's what the bee dome looks like on the outside. I actually had a hard time finding it since it looks identical to the starting dome.

I end up digging a hole here, too. It's something to do. Plus I will know I've been here. I wander in many directions, looking for rhyme or reason for the warp. The only thing I know for sure is that when I am in "the fuzzy area" North leads me to the room of no escape. Anyway, I drop all my gems off. I'm up to 52 Points.

BTW, I also think, he maybe I can call a superhero to help me out with these ants.

You can't even bother to spell Ant-Man correctly. What the hell.

BTW, here's an image of the Hulk checking out his inventory. Read carefully...

Cute. I wish it could help me in some way.

So, basically, I'm stumped. I have no idea where to go. Anyone have any ideas?

To Be Hulktinued...

NEXT ISSUE!: Hulk gets help... FROM YOU! Or maybe it's game over.

'Nuff Said!

Tags
hulk for smash , hulk smash puny god , let's play , simply not credible , smash aint no joke , take smash