The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Let's Play Already

Old 11-29-2017, 02:25 PM
Bertolli?!?...

Diego tries to finish off this final archer, but isn't quite up to the task as the weapon triangle rears its ugly head.

Fortunately, Darius has him covered.

That just leaves this jerk, who we stab...

...drops some rocks on...

...and stab again.

Well, maybe you shouldn't love so many evil shit-heels. Or be one.

I'll refrain from any obvious jokes about his father's name out of respect for the soon to be deceased.

Kane is gone, and no one cares, least of all our heroes, but he did drop his rad sword! I'm pretty sure that I forgot to equip it afterwards. >_<

Oh right, there were Crimson Armor units on this map. Six of them, I guess. Who knew?

Next time: Vandal Hearts continues to demonstrate that it doesn't know what a beach is.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:42 PM
YOU FOOL??

Vandalier Ash vs. T.G. Cid: whoodwin
Old 11-29-2017, 07:36 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerhof View Post
I think that would depends on what equipment Cid has. And whether he has Night Sword. And if the Mighty Sword skills would work on Ash's V equipment (I would assume not). And also what other abilities Cid has.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:37 AM
Bertolli?!?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerhof View Post
Hrm. It would entirely depend on positioning, I think! In a close-quarters slugfest, it'd be a stalemate at first, since Ash can completely heal himself to full every turn, but eventually Cid would get a Stop, KO, or Doom proc to stick and that would be it. That being said, Ash does have a pretty impressive movement range, so he'd probably be able to keep away from Cid, in which case he could burn him down in a few turns with infinite range Plasma Waves. And if they started out on opposite ends of a battlefield, then Cid would never ever get close.

Also, if it's comparing which of the two would do better versus a group of opponents, then there's absolutely no contest.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:49 AM
Yes, let's feast!

Orlandu does come with Auto-Haste, so don't count him out just yet. Of course, if the Haste status existed in VH, Ash would be able to use it, but Orlandu never has to re-apply it.

More broken than the Calculator, though? Vandalier gives Calculator a run for its money, for sure, but I don't think it's a clear contest, since Calculator gets infinite range on every spell and doesn't have to worry about MP costs. The big advantage to Vandalier is that it could easily solo Worker 7. Good luck pulling that off with a Calculator.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:14 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

This question has made me think about how Ash and crew would fare against Ramza and crew. I think in general FFT characters can be more broken than VH characters but VH characters would hit hard against the FFT lower HP and have more HP compared to the damage that FFT characters can do. Also, the FFT team would be outnumbered by the VH team but the FFTers do have more reliable* lockdown methods.

*Maybe. I'm not sure how the mechanics of the two different games would mesh together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBear View Post
Hrm. It would entirely depend on positioning, I think! In a close-quarters slugfest, it'd be a stalemate at first, since Ash can completely heal himself to full every turn, but eventually Cid would get a Stop, KO, or Doom proc to stick and that would be it. That being said, Ash does have a pretty impressive movement range, so he'd probably be able to keep away from Cid, in which case he could burn him down in a few turns with infinite range Plasma Waves. And if they started out on opposite ends of a battlefield, then Cid would never ever get close.
Damage Split and Move+3 say hi.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:39 PM
Yes, let's feast!

Heck, Item is all the FFT crew really needs. We haven't seen much death on JBear's side of the field, but I'm guessing there's no such thing as a stash of 99 Phoenix Downs. The lowly Chemist in FFT is already broken -- we don't need to break out the Chantage for this one.

There are several ways we can pit a relatively low-powered FFT unit against Vandalier Ash. If we assume Plasma Storm isn't reflectable, near-zero Faith will still stop it, so you'd only have to deal with Ash's melee attack and infinite regeneration. That calls for a Faith-independent lockdown solution, and what better than Mimic Daravon for that? Give our unit best compatibility with Ash and let one of the most derided skillsets in the game do its work. We'll still need to do damage without waking Ash, and with such a low Faith requirement, there's really only one woman for the job.

That's right: Rafa is our anti-Ash unit.

Reis would work too but is way less classy
Old 11-30-2017, 09:42 PM
????? LV 13 HP 292/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
Heck, Item is all the FFT crew really needs.
True. Downs + Elixirs + all of the other potions is a lot of healing to have to burn through. But not an infinite amount.

Tags
. . . , magicalal