The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about other things > Talking about creating

Old 03-04-2018, 11:48 PM
Curse of the Weggy Board

Default Old stuff in my folders

I found an old animation(?) movie made with RPG maker in my folders, gives me nostalgic feeling during grade 11th. It's made last year on february for my school extra curricular class. (requirements are flat design, though I kinda went lazy and opted for a more sketchy art)

aaaaand, it's in Indonesian language. Maybe if someone's interested to watch it, I could translate it into (broken) english, probably....

so, what the heck is the content? it's about chocolate history since it's february, and february is valentine's month!

the content is more about chocolate history, from mesoamerica (mainly the aztec and maya because they drink too much chocolate) to europe, chocolate myths and its debunking (huh?) and many other stuff.

plot? it's about a two sisters going into a chocolate restaurant, one of the sisters are working on a homework which she can't do (she made a project about the history of chocolate but she doesn't know the history), she asked big sis, who in return forgot (she doesn't bring her own phone too, and she's going to be dead embarrassed if she can't answer her little sis's question) that is

until some weird purple man appear outta nowhere to show the history of chocolate.

pseudo title

(*the text is vanilla, sugar, cocoa butter, and.... real cacao seeds....)

gathering information is insanely hard, because most of the source that appears on the internet are from promotional website, and most history of chocolate are muddled with promotion information. Therefore, inaccurate.

finally found one source by a chocolate critic, I chose that (I'm running out of time), and I dunno, about the video... it went from 5 minutes to 10 minutes...

I dunno if someone's interested to watch it, spoiler : the movie quality is awful
Old 03-06-2018, 10:11 PM
Curse of the Weggy Board

that pixel art I made last year had an animated version too... (in GIF format)

it seems the attachment doesn't work...? so here's a twitter post about it
https://twitter.com/Duckpasta_Flo/st...93743624740864
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Retrocafe.jpg (157 Bytes, 136 views)
Old 03-06-2018, 10:25 PM
earthquake ace

Pronouns: Any

The forum attachment system...isn't that great.

But yeah, that's pretty cool!
Old 03-08-2018, 07:16 PM
A smoothing criminal

Location: Somewhere between a rhetorical question and a punchline.

That Chocolate History project looks really cute, and that's a neat animated version of the pixel art from earlier. I like the shimmering light effect in the background.
Old 03-10-2018, 03:55 PM
not talking tim

While inarguably animu shit, this isn't generic "look I done an anime" animu shit. This is "I have chosen to develop an art style with which I can communicate character and weight and anatomy" animu shit.

This is the good shit.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:33 PM
SEASON'S BEATINGS

Pronouns: DUDE/BRO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagFlare View Post
While inarguably animu shit, this isn't generic "look I done an anime" animu shit. This is "I have chosen to develop an art style with which I can communicate character and weight and anatomy" animu shit.

This is the good shit.
QUOTING 4 TRUTH
Old 03-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Chief Servbot

Pronouns: He/Him

I'm very impressed, your art is very good
Old 03-31-2018, 10:31 AM
Curse of the Weggy Board

Default "Nobody asked lol" (Keeping this thread alive)

back then I posted in yokaipostin' gallery thread about the game I made (still unfinished) :

https://www.talking-time.net/showpos...9&postcount=29

It's still unplayable. No events are made, battles are still ....crude. And thanks to the faulty drivers of windows 10, I can't map with my intuos tablet since the program would "glitch"

However, most character designs are already done anyway :

(sorry for low resolution. I linked it from my twitter page.... I'm kinda lazy to put it in my imgur gallery)

That's the two main protagonist (The hero is the guy in blue but, the main character is the fox girl on the left. In the story, she acts as a helper of some sort to the blue clad priest)

about the story, it's about a small island called Moonlight Island, it's a nice island with bunch of resource, and prosperity blah blah blah. However, behind all those nice stuff, the island also hides a dark secret (brutal wealth gap, human rights abuse, religious fanaticism etc.)

the island is protected by a deity called "Moon Goddess"

As long the moon had rabbit like shape on it, the island is protected. But, one day, during the moon watching festival, the rabbit shape used to be on the moon vanished, suddenly the moon started going closer to the earth and cracked. Demons started to pour out from the moon, and things went downhill. Yep, the Moon Goddess finally went mad

the MC is a (newbie) fox messenger who's tasked to protect the fertile lands of Moonlight Island by the request of a weird fox deity(?) She is tasked to travel into the moon and "calm" the raging Moon Goddess

But unfortunately that'll be a hard mission for her since the whole island people despised fox religion and fox spirits.

------------

The story is based from the folklore "Moon Rabbit" + inspired by Japanese folklore and this game is supposed to be a parody of "tryhard deep games" (games that tries to be edgy and different however fails to do so)
Old 04-24-2018, 08:08 AM
Curse of the Weggy Board

Default I'll continue posting stuff about my game

making pixel circles in paint tool SAI was harder than I thought..

Tags
animu and mango , duckpasta's art , good stuff , horrible stuff , misleading title