The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:42 AM
Pizzarino Sbarro's Avatar
Pizzarino Sbarro Pizzarino Sbarro is offline
Senhor Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,403
Default New SUPER MARIO BROS. U DELUXE (spoilers)

You donít have to hide spoilers in this thread.

Here is something unexpected I learned: you have to save your progress. My bad! Luckily, Iíd only played one level. Iím only seeing the option to quick save which is then deleted when you pick it back up... how do you save otherwise?

Anyway, I started playing as Toad because because the Toad squirrel is adorable. Toad and the Bros. are identical, right?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:49 AM
WildcatJF's Avatar
WildcatJF WildcatJF is online now
Rise
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Somewhere Out There
Pronouns: he / his
Posts: 8,694
Default

Just so people know, Blue Toad is in the game; press L or ZL on Yellow Toad on the selection screen to pick him.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-13-2019, 07:27 AM
madhair60's Avatar
madhair60 madhair60 is offline
linktr.ee/stuartgipp
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzarino Sbarro View Post
Here is something unexpected I learned: you have to save your progress. My bad! Luckily, Iíd only played one level. Iím only seeing the option to quick save which is then deleted when you pick it back up... how do you save otherwise?
Finish a tower or castle stage. Other stages might offer the save prompt too.

This game is effing brilliant btw.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-13-2019, 07:42 AM
Jeanie's Avatar
Jeanie Jeanie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Michigan
Pronouns: Fem or gender neutral
Posts: 9,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzarino Sbarro View Post
Anyway, I started playing as Toad because because the Toad squirrel is adorable. Toad and the Bros. are identical, right?
If you're playing the base game, yes. If you're playing New Super Luigi U, then Luigi controls in his slippery high jumping wild ways.

Toadette plays different in all games, she stops quicker, swims without having to mash the jump button, and is a little more responsive than the others.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-13-2019, 09:18 AM
SpoonyBardOL's Avatar
SpoonyBardOL SpoonyBardOL is offline
Too Big For Smash?!
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Newfie Land
Posts: 16,367
Default

Wasn't there a quicksave option for NSMBU? I'm sure there was a way to place a temp save when you had to walk away from the game, though beating castles and towers is the only way to permasave.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-13-2019, 10:44 AM
Super Megaman X's Avatar
Super Megaman X Super Megaman X is offline
Outer Space Man
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: MN
Pronouns: he/him/his
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatJF View Post
Just so people know, Blue Toad is in the game; press L or ZL on Yellow Toad on the selection screen to pick him.
Thanks for this, I'm playing with my friends right now and we were pretty bummed that Blue Toad seemed to have been cut. What we think is bullshit though, is that even with Blue in the game, you can't seem to play "Mario Luigi Blue Yellow", someone has to play "Easy mode". Very frustrating.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:03 PM
ShakeWell's Avatar
ShakeWell ShakeWell is offline
Slammaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Smashville
Pronouns: He, etc.
Posts: 7,070
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanie View Post
If you're playing the base game, yes. If you're playing New Super Luigi U, then Luigi controls in his slippery high jumping wild ways.

Toadette plays different in all games, she stops quicker, swims without having to mash the jump button, and is a little more responsive than the others.
I haven't played yet, but doesn't Nabbit play differently, too?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:06 PM
madhair60's Avatar
madhair60 madhair60 is offline
linktr.ee/stuartgipp
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 15,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoonyBardOL View Post
Wasn't there a quicksave option for NSMBU? I'm sure there was a way to place a temp save when you had to walk away from the game, though beating castles and towers is the only way to permasave.
It's still there, press + on the map.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-13-2019, 12:23 PM
Pizzarino Sbarro's Avatar
Pizzarino Sbarro Pizzarino Sbarro is offline
Senhor Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,403
Default

Nabbit doesnít have power-ups and canít be killed by enemies. Well, I seemed to have taken some damage in a boss battle just now but maybe that was just an effect. (I used Nabbit when I missed two of the gold stars in the first... boss dungeon thing... Nabbit owns if youíre not here for the challenge~)

I would happily take one of the easier characters if I must... but I donít think Iíll be playing this with friends.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mario , new super mario bros

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Your posts ©you, 2007