The Return of Talking Time

Go Back   The Return of Talking Time > Talking about media > Talking about television games > The Gamespite Fun Club

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:07 AM
Your life is forfeit

Default The reason Fun Club was invented: Mega Man 9

Tomorrow, kids. Get your juices flowing.

Mega Man 9
IntiCreates/Capcom | Action | WiiWare/XBLA/PSN | 2008

It actually lives up to expectations! But be sure to spoilerize things like boss weaknesses, m'kay?
Old 09-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Thanatos feeding time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parish View Post
Tomorrow, kids. Get your juices flowing.
Question: how long is this going to run for? The standard two weeks? I'm not getting it until Thursday, and there might be people here who only have access to the 360 version.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:23 AM
punch a fish, make a wish

is it tomorrow yet? :{
Old 09-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Sega CD version is better

Anyone want to place bets on how big this thread will get before the game even comes out?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Nice On!

Yeah, I'm almost certainly waiting for the 360 version, so... I do hope this stays up for a little while, even though I'll suck and have little to say.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 AM

So Proto-Man DLC: Yay or Nay?
Old 09-21-2008, 09:34 AM
www.RetrowareTV.com

I kinda want to get the 360 version so I can have some fun with the achievements after I beat it. but I'm afraid the achievements may be too hard for me to get any of them, so it may not actually add anything to the experience. lol
Old 09-21-2008, 09:41 AM
Goodbye!

ohmygodohmygodohmygod.

Wii store points are getting purchased NOW. My thesis is getting pushed off another day.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:46 AM
Swag Brotagonist

I don't even have a functional computer at home still, but I'm getting internet hooked up this week just for this game.
Old 09-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Getting Equipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFink View Post
So Proto-Man DLC: Yay or Nay?
Nay. Capcom should not be taking their cue from Namco.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:02 AM
clearlynotcollegeeducated

I'm going down to a friend's house tonight just to be able to get the wireless signal needed to download this mother! I think we are going to play the first 8 games in order today.

I've never downloaded anything before on my Wii - and this is the best way I can think of to pop that respective cherry.

And on Protoman DLC: I don't give a shit! About Protoman, that is. He was always a bit of a non-character to me - just "there".
Old 09-21-2008, 10:09 AM
punch a fish, make a wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirikr View Post
And on Protoman DLC: I don't give a shit! About Protoman, that is. He was always a bit of a non-character to me - just "there".
I agree with this, but he can slide. that's worth $2 to me!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Crazy Old Bird

Pronouns: He/Him/His
Default Roll had better be playable, that's all I'm saying

I'm planning to get this and savor it, one robot master per day.

So, there is a difference between the versions, if I understand it correctly (besides Achievements)? The Wii version looks more like an NES game, is that right?
Old 09-21-2008, 10:41 AM
Your life is forfeit

The difference between this DLC and Namco's is that this is a $10 DLC game rather a $60 disc-based game with all "downloadable" data already on the disc waiting for an authentication key. I have fewer qualms about buying add-ons to support inexpensive high-quality titles.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:44 AM

Considering how I can't get through MM2 without savestates (stupid stupid dragon) and how I keep hearing about how totally hardcore MM9 is, I think I may just play this one vicariously via FC and youtube recordings. =p
Old 09-21-2008, 11:35 AM
www.RetrowareTV.com

Quote:
The difference between this DLC and Namco's is that this is a $10 DLC game rather a $60 disc-based game with all "downloadable" data already on the disc waiting for an authentication key. I have fewer qualms about buying add-ons to support inexpensive high-quality titles.
I sort of agree but I also feel like it could have easily been included into the regular game and they instead chose to make it cost something.

I think this single piece of DLC is fine, but if they add like Bass and then Zero or something (at the same price) then it could be kinda iffy.
Still it would only be $16 total I guess. I don't know, I'm torn.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:00 PM
Your life is forfeit

I don't mind piecemeal DLC add-ons. They give you the basic game for a crazy good price, and if you want bonuses you pay a little more and the tally shifts toward what the game is actually worth. It's a pretty smart way of making a venture like this profitable while appealing to all levels of gamers. Casual players can enjoy the basic game for $10, while dedicated fans can really wring some time out of it for a little extra. I absolutely intend to download Protoman and have no qualms about doing so.

Also: Please, please, please -- do not buy this game for 360. I've spent the past couple of hours wrestling with the 360 version and it makes me cry. The D-pad sucks for it, the visuals are blurry, and the weapon select menu button has been mapped to Back rather than Start. Double-you. Tee. Eff.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Terrible confusion

I am definitely with Parish on this one. I just posted in the other MM9 thread, but I'll sum it up here. I was ready to spend full retail disc price on MM9, so if I end up spending $20 total because of DLC, that is fine by me.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:20 PM
Nice On!

Quote:
Also: Please, please, please -- do not buy this game for 360. I've spent the past couple of hours wrestling with the 360 version and it makes me cry. The D-pad sucks for it, the visuals are blurry, and the weapon select menu button has been mapped to Back rather than Start. Double-you. Tee. Eff.
I continue to be the only person in the world who doesn't hate the 360's D-pad, but those other reasons are plenty enough reason for me to go ahead and get it on the Wii tomorrow. So I probably will. And then die constantly. I just, I don't know, feel like I should keep most of my downloadable games in the same place, if possible? That's probably silly.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:33 PM
Loves to overthink.

Pronouns: she/her/they/them

My gut reaction to the Protoman DLC was that it was a terrible idea and I'd skip on it and future DLC, but upon further consideration on points Parish brought up and the fact this is infinitely preferable to Horse Armor make me think it might be worth getting... plus it'd see more use than my damn Bomberman DLC.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:37 PM
www.RetrowareTV.com

Quote:
Is the wii version compatible with the Hori Gamepad that they made for the gamecube so you could play GBA games? If so I will buy the Wii version with no hesitation.

I'm not looking forward to using a Wiimote on it's side.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:50 PM
utada hikaru

The Wiimote has probably the crispiest d-pad I have ever used, and I wholeheartedly support the sideways Wiimote method.

I have 700 points are you serious?
Old 09-21-2008, 12:59 PM
delete the world

Pronouns: her/she (kisses)

I don't think this title is dramatic enough. You should remove the word "Club."

I'm not sure how I'm going to get my brother's Wii hooked up to wireless *and* a TV at the same time, but dammit, it simply has to happen.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:03 PM
www.RetrowareTV.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat View Post
The Wiimote has probably the crispiest d-pad I have ever used, and I wholeheartedly support the sideways Wiimote method.

I have 700 points are you serious?
I have pretty big hands so the Wiimote on it's side is uncomfortable for me. I like the D-Pad just fine, but the controller itself is hard to hold.

Hopefully the Hori pad will work, then I'll be in heaven.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Mystery Contraption

Pronouns: He

I bought my Point Card yesterday in anticipation. I hope my WiFi Dongle doesn't sense my anticipation and crap out so I can't play.

You know what would be funny*? If Nintendo changes its mind about releasing Mega Man 9 tomorrow and releases, like, the SMS version of Sonic 2, or Kung-Fu or something. I'd laugh**.

*Tragic
**Cry
Old 09-21-2008, 01:17 PM
Find Your Reason

I've already emailed my boss that I'll be arriving extra-early and skipping lunch tomorrow so I can be home by five. MNF at 19:30 is a tradition between me and my dad, but if I can squeeze in at least two hours of MM9 I'll be happy.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:21 PM
Thanatos feeding time

You know what? Fuck waiting for Thursday. Buying Wii Points now.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:21 PM
ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

So, this comes out tomorrow Monday, but exactly what constitutes tomorrow? 12:00am eastern? 12:00am pacific?

Also, is Protoman (and anything else they decide to add via download) gonna be available for download for the Wii version?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Mystery Contraption

Pronouns: He

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronolink View Post
So, this comes out tomorrow Monday, but exactly what constitutes tomorrow? 12:00am eastern? 12:00am pacific?

Also, is Protoman (and anything else they decide to add via download) gonna be available for download for the Wii version?
Generally, the VC/WiiWare updates at about 8:00 AM Pacific.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:25 PM
Inherently Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronolink View Post
Yes.

And I do have small hands, but I've found that the sideways Wiimote is an excellent controller for NES-style games. The buttons are a little on the small side, but they really nailed everything else. Hopefully the Classic Controller will work too...
Closed Thread